Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

So in 1.4 do we get to put our hoods down?

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
So in 1.4 do we get to put our hoods down?
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

_tegrof
10.09.2012 , 03:55 PM | #41
Question...

Is the hood down when you wear/show a headpiece? Not like a leather skin tight one, but some kind of good solid headpiece. Does that not push down the hood and show the headpiece? Then If you hide headpiece it puts the hood back up? Is that the deal? Or if you're wearing a thin headpiece it puts the hood over it.

Without waiting for an answer.....if that's the case, then what art would need to be done at all? The art is there for hood down, because it had to be for head pieces. The art is there for hood up too. So........

Just wondering

I hated that my hood went over my BH headpiece so much I had to pay the money to move all my mods and such into Orange gear and go broke doing so. Thanks for that. You do know that most of us are POOR right!!!!!

maxetius
10.09.2012 , 04:18 PM | #42
I can't believe people are acting like this is [and ever was] an easy fix. Given that appearances for each class are hard-baked into each armor, a hood up/down toggle means that each hood up armor would need a button that creates a brand new piece of armor with all the same mods yet a different appearance. Bioware is not going to simply add a clip/unclip because that's a half-assed [not to mention ugly] solution that is already in the game, just wear certain headgear which is generally very easy to obtain.

Hood-removing headgear:

Light armor: Consular's Headgear. They are all over GTN
Medium Armor: There are several. All over GTN.
Heavy Armor: Sovereign Mind Headgear. A headband that removes your hood. Purchased with 12 Nar Shadaa commendations.

Use those until Bioware gets the non-half assed feature in.

Andryah
10.09.2012 , 04:23 PM | #43
Quote: Originally Posted by _tegrof View Post
Without waiting for an answer.....if that's the case, then what art would need to be done at all? The art is there for hood down, because it had to be for head pieces. The art is there for hood up too. So........

Just wondering
Fact: some hoods revert to the down position when a particualr piece of headgear is equiped.

Fact: some hoods DO NOT revert to the down position when a particular piece of headgear is equipped.

SO, there is clearly more that needs to be addressed on Biowares side of things then just putting in a hood up/down selector..... because many many instances of gear sets would be bugged all over the place and it would be the rant-de-jour in the fourms until every single one was fixed.

They have said adding the hood up/down feature is not trivial and requires a lot of additional work on their end. So, it goes somewhere into their work queue and fights with other things for priority of attention.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Andryah
10.09.2012 , 04:24 PM | #44
Quote: Originally Posted by maxetius View Post
Hood-removing headgear:

Light armor: Consular's Headgear. They are all over GTN
Medium Armor: There are several. All over GTN.
Heavy Armor: Sovereign Mind Headgear. A headband that removes your hood. Purchased with 12 Nar Shadaa commendations.

Use those until Bioware gets the non-half assed feature in.
Exactly. Players have sufficient resources and abilities to address this with the above, unitl such time as Bioware figures what they need to do and actually commits sufficient resources to do it.
sayonara SWTOR. I will miss the game, I will miss many players, I will NOT miss being lied to and deceived. I will not miss rookie level mistakes of epic proportions.

Shoogli
10.09.2012 , 04:42 PM | #45
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Fact: some hoods revert to the down position when a particualr piece of headgear is equiped.
This is NOT a fact, they DO NOT revert to down, they revert to HIDDEN instead, it's a whole lot different.
But as always, Andryah, you choose to understand what you want to understand, not what people are asking...

Exactly. Players have sufficient resources and abilities to address this with the above, unitl such time as Bioware figures what they need to do and actually commits sufficient resources to do it.
Except most those head-gear is hiding the head almost as much as a hood. If you want to show your hair, as many people would like then you can't... And then there are those that wouldn't mind hiding their hair but don't like the shape of the head-gear, even if a simple band...
Shoogli | Jawa Droid Designer
Do not Follow me on Twitter @NOWHERE | Dislike me on Facebook
[Do Not Contact Me] [Rules of Misconduct] [F.A.Q.] [Shoogli Tracker]

Antipodes
10.09.2012 , 04:49 PM | #46
I'd rather have the "half assed" solution than none at all.

I want to see my character's faces. Not cover it with a hood or a helm.

kirorx
10.09.2012 , 05:06 PM | #47
AN Invisible orange moddable helmet could fix this problem. (kinda)

We had something like that is SWG, basically the item showed up in your inventory and when you equpped it in a character slot it would show nothing and the slot would be full. You could go shirtless or gloveless like this.

Since this would still be an an actual slot filling item it would show with the cloak hood gone.

Then when you hit the "hide helmet" your cloak hood would be back up.

True that your back will not show a cloak down but it would beat the alternative.

Here is what they looked like http://swg.wikia.com/wiki/Appearance...est_(invisible)
Watch the Clowder of Cather in this video http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=j7uTcYvoEbU

Andryah
10.09.2012 , 05:19 PM | #48
Quote: Originally Posted by Shoogli View Post
This is NOT a fact, they DO NOT revert to down, they revert to HIDDEN instead, it's a whole lot different.
But as always, Andryah, you choose to understand what you want to understand, not what people are asking...
Incorrect. I have gear that has a hood up and a hood down graphic, and with the right headgear I get the hood down graphic. But as I said, not all gear works, so they clearly have a lot of work to do before they put in a toggle feature.

And please stop with the ad hominem attacks.

Andryah
10.09.2012 , 05:21 PM | #49
Quote: Originally Posted by kirorx View Post
AN Invisible orange moddable helmet could fix this problem. (kinda)
For most hairstyles, the circlet style headpieces in the different armor classes pretty much do this. Yeah, on closeup you may see it partially up on the forehead, but you get full face exposure of features. Imperfect but quite workable until they get around to a real hood toggle feature.

EzoEo
10.09.2012 , 05:23 PM | #50
Players do but of course they shouldn't need to as hood down models have been in since early access. It's just Biofail in there wisdom decided not to put them in game.

They must have thought we all wanted to look like galatic space monks
Some people reactions to the Disney buy out.