Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Jawa spam on fleet

dakisback
09.19.2012 , 08:27 PM | #1
DakisbackMarkmanship Sniper Dakisbehindyou[AMR]Lethality Operative DakiscatImmortal Juggernaut Dakisaheadofyou Darkness Assassin
<The Revenant>
The Shadowlands

thezaitsev
09.19.2012 , 09:46 PM | #2
I support this thread.

TwiggyTwotone
09.19.2012 , 10:19 PM | #3
Is this some sort of Star Wars idiosyncrasy I don't get? I have a bunch of chars on Prophecy of the 5 and the jawa chat there is regularly occuring and long winded.

devtek
09.20.2012 , 12:08 PM | #4
Only started after the server mergers for Shadowlands....had a Jawa movie name thing going during denova on tuesday...

ViciousFett
09.20.2012 , 01:37 PM | #5
It really highlight the dim wit of the majority of dorks that play this game TBH.
The Vicious Legacy
Random'hajile - Aeons - Gillian'Seed - Nati - Pirate'bay - Romana'II - Bozik
Thana'vėsh - Casaiss - Ghost-chops - Tuskenking - Cookģepuss - Rõland
Mbison

CE VIP

Keypek
09.20.2012 , 04:08 PM | #6
I usually have general chat turned off anyway. Good to know I'm not missing anything.
K'mpek/Keypek or some variation
ICE Breaker>Corellian Run>The Shadowlands
FREE play time and loot by clicking>>

dakisback
09.20.2012 , 09:01 PM | #7
DakisbackMarkmanship Sniper Dakisbehindyou[AMR]Lethality Operative DakiscatImmortal Juggernaut Dakisaheadofyou Darkness Assassin
<The Revenant>
The Shadowlands

Daecarus
09.21.2012 , 07:07 AM | #8
People doing the whole movie "Insert Jawa Reference here" can be a little annoying at times but it's a lot better than some of the racist, hateful, vulgar, stuff I got used to seeing in Trade chat in WoW. Also, there is so much inane chatter on our general chat these days that I'm not bothered by a silly Jawa game.

My point is perhaps we should lighten up a little. General chat has tons of ridiculous chat - why focus on the Jawa movie reference? I don't think people who get a little kick out of those jokes are as "dim witted" as some of the "mature" people I see in PvP who have no idea what they are doing and get offended when you try to help them.

MadBlue
09.21.2012 , 07:11 AM | #9
Quote: Originally Posted by devtek View Post
Only started after the server mergers for Shadowlands....had a Jawa movie name thing going during denova on tuesday...
It was happening on day one of transfers in June. I'm sure it's been happening for longer than that, as the same thing has been done for years in WoW with "Murlocs".

thezaitsev
09.21.2012 , 08:09 AM | #10
Quote: Originally Posted by Daecarus View Post
People doing the whole movie "Insert Jawa Reference here" can be a little annoying at times but it's a lot better than some of the racist, hateful, vulgar, stuff I got used to seeing in Trade chat in WoW. Also, there is so much inane chatter on our general chat these days that I'm not bothered by a silly Jawa game.

My point is perhaps we should lighten up a little. General chat has tons of ridiculous chat - why focus on the Jawa movie reference? I don't think people who get a little kick out of those jokes are as "dim witted" as some of the "mature" people I see in PvP who have no idea what they are doing and get offended when you try to help them.
Right there, this sounds like a person that participates in it defending them-self. Why are people picking this out? Because its nonstop for a long period and blocks anything from actually being accomplished in fleet chat, which is generally the only place groups and trades can be accomplished.

If people did it in Denova or False Emperor or some other location I wouldn't care at all.