Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Setsugetsuka
11.12.2012 , 08:00 PM | #981
Quote: Originally Posted by Ailie View Post
Yes and you get abused for being in-character as an RPer. I've rolled an alt on Dalborra, it was not a pleasant experience.

Of course it wouldn't be an issue with cross server queues which is still my preferred solution. If not that, transfers to servers of choice (US RP), but NOT a server merge.
People abuse you for anything, it's a common thing everywhere, don't let it bother you so much, just /ignore them and move on.

In all honesty, I'd love being put into a group with an RPer, would make me thinking of my characters history and biographies less of a waste of time. Haha.

Esno
11.12.2012 , 08:20 PM | #982
Quote: Originally Posted by Setsugetsuka View Post
People abuse you for anything, it's a common thing everywhere, don't let it bother you so much, just /ignore them and move on.

In all honesty, I'd love being put into a group with an RPer, would make me thinking of my characters history and biographies less of a waste of time. Haha.
I may not RP but i do enjoy reading some of the chats by those that do, those that are abusive to those that enjoy it are usually childish people that have nothing better to do than troll others fun.

Unfortunatly I have seen this on many servers but especially when someone asks a simple question and they get torn apart by grumpy trolls who have to make comment on everything /ignore is your friend
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent

vian
11.12.2012 , 08:28 PM | #983
Quote: Originally Posted by Esno View Post
I may not RP but i do enjoy reading some of the chats by those that do, those that are abusive to those that enjoy it are usually childish people that have nothing better to do than troll others fun.
Word. I'd much rather listen to RP chat than some of the foul-mouthed ranting that passes for General Chat these days.

Of course, having a dedicated RP channel would solve a lot of the problems.
Two blasters; no waiting!

Cheezfriend
11.13.2012 , 03:56 AM | #984
What happens when this thread reaches 1000 posts or 100 pages???

Do i start a new one????

Thanks

Karasuko
11.13.2012 , 03:58 AM | #985
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post

Do i start a new one????

Thanks
Yes,
Except you change it to "stop *********** ignoring us"

Applicator
11.13.2012 , 05:18 AM | #986
Dalborra population seems good, I just don't want this type of thread pushing them to closing the APAC servers and leaving us with horrible ping to the US again. This is one of the only MMOs that has been nice enough to give us local servers, don't scare them away.

Setsugetsuka
11.13.2012 , 05:48 AM | #987
Quote: Originally Posted by Applicator View Post
Dalborra population seems good, I just don't want this type of thread pushing them to closing the APAC servers and leaving us with horrible ping to the US again. This is one of the only MMOs that has been nice enough to give us local servers, don't scare them away.
A small part of me wants them to close the APAC servers so I can finally force myself to play a different game. Whenever I want to play a video game, bham, TOR. I don't even know why, it's just the goto game for me right now, it has been for the past year, since release. I'm just throwing cash at EA right now, I barely play the game compared to the amount of subscription time I get, but ****, still throwing money.

At this rate, I'm keen to try out the new FFXIV game, maybe a few console games as well, but ****, no, all I want is damn SWTOR. What's wrong with me. ;~;

lklinga
11.13.2012 , 06:33 AM | #988
Well to me it seems even the location that is supposed to be serving APAC is basically only viable for Australia

I think you guys are in trouble.

Evgen
11.13.2012 , 07:26 PM | #989
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post

Do i start a new one????

Thanks
I believe the mods automatically make a new thread and link to the old one as well.
They have already given us their answer though.
In my best manager from Office Space voice:
Yeaaah, I'm gonna have to ask you guys to keep playing on low pop servers, yeaaah.
We're also going to ask you to keep paying too, yeaaah.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

Ailie
11.13.2012 , 09:10 PM | #990
Quote: Originally Posted by vian View Post
Of course, having a dedicated RP channel would solve a lot of the problems.
And create more, trying to split normal chatter from RP chatter for dedicated RPers is like trying to draw blood from a stone. We don't just have some conversations in character, for some everything we say and do is in character. So imagine going along to an Op, everything you say goes into the RP channel but nobody sees it...

And yes I am aware that you can ignore people etc, but what I'm saying is that why would I want to go to a server where the potential for harrassment is high, when I could easily switch to another RP server where it is extremely low?
The Azure Wings of Dawn - Against All Odds
azurewingsofdawn.enjin.com