Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Davitoeliato
11.06.2012 , 11:10 PM | #911
Lets get something constructive going on here.

Go to this poll and choose the option you want in the event that F2P doesn't achieve the desired outcome.

Keep this poll alive so we can get an idea of what the general population wants.

http://poll.pollcode.com/ja9p45

Setsugetsuka
11.06.2012 , 11:31 PM | #912
Ability to play well without lag > Ability to play the type of server you want.

In all honesty, I think there's merit to having open transfers in general, to both APAC and US servers for those on APAC, it gives people choice, but I do believe that it'd be better off to consolidate and force everyone onto a single APAC server. If people still want off a month later, then fine, but at least we'd have taken a chance.

Where's the ideas and chances being taken here? APAC is dying and everyone's just standing around and hoping that it'll instantaneously revive itself and dance like a *********** monkey all day. No, it won't.

Action really needs to be taken, sooner more than later.

sankalp
11.06.2012 , 11:33 PM | #913
Transfers back to West Coast servers 0%

I am sure this is what BW will come up with when they decide the best gameplay experience is for us.

Davitoeliato
11.06.2012 , 11:48 PM | #914
I think the negatives of doing something that I believe most don't want would be another PR mess for swtor. Even if the profit margin for APAC are low, shutting it down wouldn't improve anything as most would just unsub.
For all those who want a change for APAC please vote on this poll to get am idea of what everyone wants.

cuttothechase
11.06.2012 , 11:48 PM | #915
Quote: Originally Posted by Davitoeliato View Post

Go to this poll and choose the option you want in the event that F2P doesn't achieve the desired outcome.

Keep this poll alive so we can get an idea of what the general population wants.

Voted...nice job

Sildanar
11.06.2012 , 11:57 PM | #916

Great idea for a poll

Voted for APAC merge, as this gives us the best game play possible, and hopefully with a viable starting population it attracts more and more players back to the APAC single server.
Having the APAC player base spread out on multiple servers, both Oceanic and West Coast US is part of the problem.
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer

Evgen
11.07.2012 , 12:07 AM | #917
Quote: Originally Posted by Deviouzzz View Post
I'm loving this game too, and I wish more people that did would post as well, because so far its just the noisy angry ones that should have probably quit, but have made it their missions to make this place and game depressing for all involved.
You are missing the point. I still like the game, and play a lot. But it isn't that great for me, as a paying customer, to accept being ignored for the chance to get Free to Play customers. I work in customer service and I would be out on my buttox pretty soon if I ever treated a customer this badly. You may be in your shiney shiney phase and not mind getting bent over, or even have that much investment in the server. I have been playing since head start and moved most of my characters over here. More than 200 levels worth of time invested. And I have been paying for 3 accounts this whole time. (Well, up until I recently cancelled them over this very issue) I'm pretty sure I deserve more consideration than than a potential free to play player.

Oh, and the reason there aren't many "I'm OK! Bend me over again!" Posts here, is because most of the people are not happy with the current situation. Sure, happy people don't post as much, but when you get a near 100% unified response you can be pretty sure that the population involved feels the same way. This is talked about in game, on other sites where you can talk about what to do without worried about getting banned, and it's talked about in the guilds. There was a Guild Summit on Gav recently to talk about this very issue.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

Chaori
11.07.2012 , 05:19 AM | #918
Step 1: Merge all three APAC servers (or just PvE and PvP if RPers want to be left alone).

Step 2: Offer FREE transfers from all US servers to this new server (for everyone that has already rerolled on servers such as The Bastion).

Step 3: ????

Step 4: Profit! (for realz)

Sitholat
11.07.2012 , 12:08 PM | #919

Great idea !.

#voted

scullzomben
11.07.2012 , 12:50 PM | #920
How about sharing some of the information you gathered Joveth? Is it in line with what Scorpioo found?