Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Bennis
11.06.2012 , 09:10 PM | #901
Topic #3: Oceanic populations. Are we doing anything about them?

Answer: We are very aware of the concerns with the population levels on the Oceanic servers. The problem is pretty complex, as the solutions we have either split the populations further (like allowing Oceanic players to move to North American servers), or would force players to go to server types (PvP or RP, etc…) that they do not want to be on. Our current plan is to wait for Free-to-Play to launch and see what the influx of new players does to the populations of these servers. We will give it a little time and if we do not see significant improvement, then we will move ahead with the solution that offers the best playing experience for the Oceanic community.

OK, that is it for now. Please keep your comments and questions coming and I will try to answer the biggest, unresolved questions in these “State-of-the-Game” posts. I want to thank you all for the opportunity to be involved with such an amazing game like Star Wars: The Old Republic. I will do everything in my power to take care of the game, and help guide it to a great future.

Jeff Hickman
Executive Producer

Taken from
http://www.swtor.com/blog/star-wars-...%93-state-game

I want low ping, that is what attracts me to playing this AAA game, that i can enjoy it with no latency. So i would rather 1 server that has a big population than individual server types, bugger the PvP, RP, PvE there is barely any world PvP anyway. Id just be annoyed at a 2set of server transfers regardless. It ruins communities
Quote: Originally Posted by Drakos View Post
If anyone provides a link between Revan and Anakin, I will tear my face off and sever all ties with the Star Wars genre.

Himeji_Endless
11.06.2012 , 09:11 PM | #902
Hey we're getting screwed over tonite instead of last night! Wheeeeee ... i didnt even try to play last night bc of the normal prime time downtime only to find out they didnt do maintenance and surprise surprise, its tonite w/ minimal notice AND no patch to fix all the bugs and issues.

why not wait to screw us over til next monday instead? GG Failware!

Möurnblade - Assassin <Lvl 55>
-------------------------------------------------------------------
The Bastion (from Ajunta Pall)

elitenz
11.06.2012 , 09:13 PM | #903
was just on Harbinger over 230 on the fleet with 2 instances then went to Balmorra and a total of 160.

Sildanar
11.06.2012 , 09:15 PM | #904
For the record I really enjoy this game. A story based MMO-RPG that actually lets me RP. It has a fantastic story, that you only get to experience its true scope when you have seen multiple Class stories and their companions stories. Beautifuly interwoven imo.

That aside, the APAC server pop issue is one that has desperately needed attention for some time, more players = a better experience for all. More Flashpoints, more Heroic quests = more story, meeting new people etc.
The need for a solution to the population issue is obvious.

Many of us have stated that BW was waiting for F2P to see how that affected our populations.
I for one am glad they have clarified their intentions to us in writing.

Now we just have to wait and see how this solution works out and over what time frame.

In summary its a great game, that currently Im not enjoying as much as I could because of a low population, I fully understand what Bioware is doing to fix this and yet at the same time my playing experience is currently less than it could be.
I impatiently await the results of this solution.

Entitled gamer you say?

No, I just want what others are getting for the same money.

Cheers
Starcaller Legacy
Master Dar'Nala server R.I.P
Now Harbinger & The Bastion
PVP Healer

PurpleCliff
11.06.2012 , 09:18 PM | #905
Quote: Originally Posted by odonoghuet View Post
Do you think that there arn't guys already planning on day one of F2P to go to Korriban and Typhon and tell every new player to start on a more active server?
Ugh, that's a little bit revolting to me. I hope that doesn't happen, the APAC servers still have a chance to be a great home for this new influx of players.
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

Novarium
11.06.2012 , 09:27 PM | #906
completely unrelated question.. in your honest opinion who do you think will win the award for the most ignorant game developer this year?

*note i used "ignorant" as a replacement for the other 200 words that i thought of first.

waiting for F2P.... "LOL"
Officer <Pandemic> Elite PvE - Casual PvP
Xaviër - 55 Assassin | Zachial - 55 Juggernaut - Tanks
Elsheeda - 55 Operative | Hextech - 55 Sorcerer - Heals
Iccarus-55Mara | Gretell-55Snipe | Zarna-55Merc | Jeramin-55PT - Dps

sankalp
11.06.2012 , 09:40 PM | #907
All f2p will bring is 12 year olds(no offence Gorrick) who will play 1 class to 30, get bored and go play pokeballs with each. They will QQ as they dont know anything about any class and will get pwned by the older players every time they enter the 5 wz they play a week.

Def not the type of players I want. Already sick of people rage quitting pug raids without giving it a proper go. with more noobs comes more /ragequit

odonoghuet
11.06.2012 , 10:11 PM | #908
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
Ugh, that's a little bit revolting to me. I hope that doesn't happen, the APAC servers still have a chance to be a great home for this new influx of players.
Revolting is an apt word for it, but I understand the frustrations driving people to give the warnings they wished they had received when the oceanic servers opened.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

HauksbokT
11.06.2012 , 10:27 PM | #909
I have 8 50's on oceanic servers, I haven't touched them in a while, and I don't even want to. If a person wants to enjoy f2p, their best bet is to roll on US servers.

Game's over boys, f2p isn't gonna save oceanic.

Froippi
11.06.2012 , 11:02 PM | #910
why am i not suprised by this response oh well wait for f2p and see what happens