Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

PurpleCliff's Avatar


PurpleCliff
11.03.2012 , 07:21 AM | #831
Free To Play "failing" is one of many possible timelines. Several others include the extinction of the human race. We'll see.
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

Nanglez's Avatar


Nanglez
11.03.2012 , 07:26 AM | #832
Okay so after reading the vast majority of the APAC transfers thread, i'd just like to say that Bioware seem's to have directly ignored what our region is requesting.

The prevailing view appears to be the following -

- That all current subscribed users on Oceanic servers are consolidated to one server.
- Many are concerned that Bioware is waiting for F2P in the hopes that the server 'imbalance' in population levels out.
- The above point means Bioware is effectively gambling on the fate of the Oceanic region servers. They're RELYING on us to be satisfied with a boost in population that will likely come from F2P.
-What the latter ignores is that we want to consolidate the SUBSCRIBED Oceanic community, as we were all duped in to transferring there in the first place back in april, this is probably the least Bioware could do.

Posted : 09.22.2012
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Folks, I wanted to take some time to let you know that we are listening to your concerns and that they're important to us. Oceanic servers WILL be getting 12 slots, just like the other servers and we're going to implement this change the next opportunity that we have.

Additionally, we've seen your concerns about Oceanic server populations and we're going to be evaluating this in the next few days.

We're listening, and I know you've all been patient with us, and for that, I thank you. As soon as I get any update to this, I will let you know here.

Thanks again.

Posted : 10.10.2012
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

Unfortunately, I have no new information at this time. In my last post, I did say that I would update this thread when I had new information but I currently do not.

With that being said, I will make sure to update this thread as soon as I have more information.

As a reminder, please remember to follow forum guidelines within this thread.

Thank you.
These are the responses in chronological order that we've received from Bioware (in a thread over 80 pages long now). Nothing else has been detailed since these posts, and frankly its becoming obvious they hope that the problem just solves itself with the launch of F2P.

If thats the case, thanks a lot Bioware, you completely ignored the Oceanic community - again. "we'll be evaluating this over the next few days" - that was over a month and a half ago, still no real news.

Oh well remain optimistic I suppose, maybe they'll come through with something.

simplius's Avatar


simplius
11.03.2012 , 09:47 AM | #833
looks like theyre just letting it slide

sorry guys but theyre still noobs in this business,,and it shows

any decent dev would try to do SOMETHING to keep such a big playerbase

i hope they look into it soon,,they cant afford to lose more players

fushnchips's Avatar


fushnchips
11.03.2012 , 06:02 PM | #834
Dalborra has been a dead duck all weekend
Pineapple on Pizza for life

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

Setsugetsuka's Avatar


Setsugetsuka
11.03.2012 , 06:06 PM | #835
Still nothing.

Seriously, what will get Bioware to do anything about this? ;~;

Snorlaxo's Avatar


Snorlaxo
11.03.2012 , 06:16 PM | #836
They are working on the plan to bring the population up everywhere.

Why are we complaining that they aren't addressing the population problem?

It's just a few weeks away. If that's too long then subsubscribe for a month.
(█∭∭∭∭██(o)█Ξ█|/[▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

HauksbokT's Avatar


HauksbokT
11.03.2012 , 06:46 PM | #837
Quote: Originally Posted by Snorlaxo View Post
They are working on the plan to bring the population up everywhere.

Why are we complaining that they aren't addressing the population problem?

It's just a few weeks away. If that's too long then subsubscribe for a month.
I'd be okay with that if the servers weren't ****** for like 3 months now. Nice opinion though, really.

Setsugetsuka's Avatar


Setsugetsuka
11.03.2012 , 07:02 PM | #838
Quote: Originally Posted by Snorlaxo View Post
They are working on the plan to bring the population up everywhere.

Why are we complaining that they aren't addressing the population problem?

It's just a few weeks away. If that's too long then subsubscribe for a month.
I'm assuming you mean F2P? Well, that's the thing, you see, I'm at level 50, a lot, if not all of the content at end game is group based, meaning I need to group up with other 50ies. Problem? People flocking to F2P won't be level 50. :/

Hell, even if they are, I'm hoping to high heaven they'd at least have bought all the things they'll need to buy, like the operation and warzone passes, medical probes, those kind of things.

All in all, it'd be less of a hassle to just merge the three servers. If the population gets too heavy, split them into two servers.

Snorlaxo's Avatar


Snorlaxo
11.03.2012 , 07:27 PM | #839
Quote: Originally Posted by Setsugetsuka View Post
I'm assuming you mean F2P? Well, that's the thing, you see, I'm at level 50, a lot, if not all of the content at end game is group based, meaning I need to group up with other 50ies. Problem? People flocking to F2P won't be level 50. :/

Hell, even if they are, I'm hoping to high heaven they'd at least have bought all the things they'll need to buy, like the operation and warzone passes, medical probes, those kind of things.

All in all, it'd be less of a hassle to just merge the three servers. If the population gets too heavy, split them into two servers.
That would lead to them doing more work, which would take longer with each problem. And the amount of complaints that would call Bioware, 'fail,' for jumping the gun on something would skyrocket.

On f2p's : Sure they won't be 50, but remember how many people burned through content and complained that there's not enough? Im sure it won't be that long of a wait.
(█∭∭∭∭██(o)█Ξ█|/[▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

scullzomben's Avatar


scullzomben
11.03.2012 , 07:31 PM | #840
Quote: Originally Posted by Snorlaxo View Post
That would lead to them doing more work, which would take longer with each problem. And the amount of complaints that would call Bioware, 'fail,' for jumping the gun on something would skyrocket.

On f2p's : Sure they won't be 50, but remember how many people burned through content and complained that there's not enough? Im sure it won't be that long of a wait.
Posting this again because people dont seem to understand how bad our server is

Quote: Originally Posted by scullzomben View Post
Let me do it for you.

1) SWTOR goes free to play. New APAC player decides to play and choose server. See's Harbinger and Bastion at Heavy/Very Heavy at 8pm AEDST, or all of the APAC servers at Light, unless there is some action happening on Gav Daragon, which would make it standard.

2) The APAC player begins leveling on an APAC server. Throughout the starter and capital planets the population will vary between 5-20 players.

3) The APAC player then hits Balmorra/Taris. The population never goes past 10 and has to wait 30 minutes for a pvp match.

4) The APAC player becomes discouraged and does one of two things:

5a) Leaves the game.
5b) Re-Rolls Bastion/Harbinger and enjoys worlds of 50+ people, near instant pvp queue pops.

So what affect does this have on current APAC players?

No influx of new players. There will be hardly any new people willing to stick this game out on dead servers.