Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

HauksbokT
10.30.2012 , 05:53 AM | #781
Quote: Originally Posted by JcPogi View Post
How cool it is having players from 3 AU servers joining together and asking for a server merge. If ever a server consolidation will really happen, we can all meet in game, and have compeititve PVP /RWZ and lots of PvE. Really looking forward on it guys!
lol'd @ your sig being changed to the bastion XD

Master Dar' who?!?

laz_AU
10.30.2012 , 08:15 AM | #782
Quote: Originally Posted by Chaori View Post
http://i.imgur.com/464ru.jpg

Back on topic, look at what has become of our fleet! I am all on my own
Found this on another thread. Check it out 1 person on the fleet
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS

Snorlaxo
10.30.2012 , 08:46 AM | #783
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
It seems pretty clear they just want to get Free To Play out the door before they mess around with servers again. I have no problem with that, it makes sense to me. I can wait a couple of weeks.
Quoted for being reasonable.
(█∭∭∭∭██(o)█Ξ█|/[▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Vacarius
10.30.2012 , 03:23 PM | #784
It seems pretty clear they're waiting for the free to play release before making any decisions. I agree that this is probably the best solution from their perspective, but they've absolutely failed to get the community onboard

Why are you hiding from us Bioware? Do you seriously expect us to believe you're still 'actively investigating the issue?' I can't see a legitimate reason why you can't tell us what you're planning, or issues that are stopping a solution from occurring. Without input from you, people give up and quit or reroll on other servers making the issue worse. If you told us you were waiting for free to play, I think most people would accept that and stick it out. Silence leads to apathy.

This is about your relationship with your consumers and unless you engage with us we just won't care. There are other games we could be playing, show us we made the right decision sticking with SWTOR.
Seikier - Operative Healer
Officer of Nightmare Council

fushnchips
10.30.2012 , 03:39 PM | #785
I think over the last few months there support has been a lot worse with even in game tickets now taking up to a week the game is on a knifes edge and a downhill slide. I thought SWTOR could be saved they did have great ideas but the attitudes of the people they hire are just rotten and selfish but not all staff are like this and this makes it bad for the good ones that do help people.

All the Oceanic community wants is fair play with a population where they can enjoy the game or manual transfers to a server of there choice.
Worldfirst Imperial Agent Non Advance Class R.I.P

The Revanchist The Ruined World Dread Master Gate Crasher Dragon Slayer
From Beyond Warstalker The Unyielding The Infernal

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

scullzomben
10.30.2012 , 05:55 PM | #786
Lets aim for a bit of communication this week shall we Joveth?

Jarlgon
10.30.2012 , 06:02 PM | #787
Quote: Originally Posted by scullzomben View Post
Lets aim for a bit of communication this week shall we Joveth?
he won't answer to this. It's too close to the release of f2p.

Claprica
10.30.2012 , 06:15 PM | #788
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
You're all gonna hate me for saying this, but I don't really encounter many issues with the population on Master Dar'Nala. That said, I do play doing prime times.

Also absolutely love my <100ms ping.
10 bucks says this is just Alphababe trolling

Thornsbane
10.30.2012 , 07:30 PM | #789
Creating bad for the press for the game on websites is not going to do anything good for SWTOR. It is a good game and deserves much better press than it already has.

They obviously need to see how f2p affects the servers before merging them. Their servers are half a planet away from their main office, so its reasonable that we may get some delays. They do care about us, hence why we have our own servers in the first place.

Evgen
10.30.2012 , 07:49 PM | #790
I can understand why they might want to wait for F2P before changing anything, but I believe their thinking is flawed.
Here are the reasons:
  • "APAC" severs only are beneficial ping wise for Australian players, maybe New Zealand as well
  • New players that like to group won't want to play on low pop servers.
  • People will go to play where their friends are, many players in the APAC tiem zones are playing on US west servers
  • Word of mouth is that the APAC servers are dead
  • Anyone who tries both an APAC server and an NA server will likely have better experience on the NA server.
  • Anyone who has read or heard of this thread will realized playing on the APAC servers means you get inferior service.
And the thing is, anything they do now, could be reversed if required.
A server merged, could be split later, transfers now, could transfer back again later.
Some communication would be nice, but a distant second to some action on this matter.
This really is horrible customer service.
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy