Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

sankalp
10.29.2012 , 07:39 PM | #771
http://au.ign.com/news-tips.html

http://www.facebook.com/pages/GameSp...177284?fref=ts

I have written to IGN and posted stuff on gamespot AU facebook page. They have have a twitter but I dont have that so could not post there.

Recommend writing to them. The more people that do the better response we might get and if they do a story on this we can then use that as a platform to reach other websites etc.

scullzomben
10.29.2012 , 11:14 PM | #772
Currently sitting in 50 PvP queue on MDN. Joined queue at 3:57 pm.

Current time taken: 20 minutes.
Current time taken: 25 minutes.
Current time taken: 30 minutes.

Queue took 33 minutes to pop. How is this acceptable? Merge sooner rather than later please.

Krayven
10.30.2012 , 12:22 AM | #773
Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
I'm curious what school of business tells it's students to ignore their customers.
Who am I kidding, I'm sure EA don't hire people who know what customer service is XD
I believe their motto is "Customer Disservice, because we're not satisfied until you're not satisfied!"
"Available in your region, Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is not"
Felt a disturbance, Obi Wan has

Spinikar
10.30.2012 , 12:55 AM | #774
Quote: Originally Posted by Krayven View Post
Please EA/Bio... can something be done to address this... I'm sick of getting ganked by tumbleweeds......

*crickets*
You get crickets????!!!!!

Would be nice to have crickets instead of the dull silence we have :P
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

Mjollnir
10.30.2012 , 02:35 AM | #775
Quote: Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
Thanks for the updates Bioware.

Seeing as we can't get your attention here, hopefull you'll notice BBB CASE#: 57238334 when it lands on your table.
Finally received a response from Bioware regarding this, though they have not formally sent anything through the BBB yet. Just thought I would share a snippet of the response regarding our concerns:

Quote:
Following a recent contact from the Better Business Bureau, I have reviewed your case.

I would like to provide you with some information regarding the issues you have encountered. I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, please feel free to reply to this email, should you have any questions regarding this or any other matter.

I have reviewed your past tickets and forum posts, I understand that you have been inquiring about the Oceanic server situation. I would like to assure you that, as mentioned by Joveth Gonzalez, the Online Community Manager for Star Wars: The Old Republic, your concerns are important to us.

We want you to have a great gaming experience and you can be reassured that we would be happy to help with any concerns you might have. Unfortunately, regarding this particular subject, I do not have any more details to provide you with but Oceanic players will be updated as soon as we have more information.

....We take your comments very seriously and would like to thank you for your patience and understanding regarding this particular matter.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

So to sum it up, it's a lot of words to say "We're doing nothing about it". It is coming up to three months since US/European servers had their upgrade, and yet still they have not found a solution to address our issues. Anyway, I am awaiting to hear how they responsd, but I am guessing it will be the same level of poor service.

PurpleCliff
10.30.2012 , 02:54 AM | #776
It seems pretty clear they just want to get Free To Play out the door before they mess around with servers again. I have no problem with that, it makes sense to me. I can wait a couple of weeks.

Cheezfriend
10.30.2012 , 03:33 AM | #777
I have sent some emails to popular gaming websites regarding this issue and the lack of customer service from Bioware, and linking them to this thread, might be a good read for them.

Thanks

<3 Chippy

Setsugetsuka
10.30.2012 , 03:45 AM | #778
Quote: Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
Finally received a response from Bioware regarding this, though they have not formally sent anything through the BBB yet. Just thought I would share a snippet of the response regarding our concerns:

Following a recent contact from the Better Business Bureau, I have reviewed your case.

I would like to provide you with some information regarding the issues you have encountered. I would like to thank you for bringing these issues to our attention, please feel free to reply to this email, should you have any questions regarding this or any other matter.

I have reviewed your past tickets and forum posts, I understand that you have been inquiring about the Oceanic server situation. I would like to assure you that, as mentioned by Joveth Gonzalez, the Online Community Manager for Star Wars: The Old Republic, your concerns are important to us.

We want you to have a great gaming experience and you can be reassured that we would be happy to help with any concerns you might have. Unfortunately, regarding this particular subject, I do not have any more details to provide you with but Oceanic players will be updated as soon as we have more information.

....We take your comments very seriously and would like to thank you for your patience and understanding regarding this particular matter.

Galactic Support is our specialty...

So to sum it up, it's a lot of words to say "We're doing nothing about it". It is coming up to three months since US/European servers had their upgrade, and yet still they have not found a solution to address our issues. Anyway, I am awaiting to hear how they responsd, but I am guessing it will be the same level of poor service.
I'm loving the "..." in that quote. Nothing says professional like pretty much saying "Well, um, yeah.. So like.."

laz_AU
10.30.2012 , 04:32 AM | #779
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
It seems pretty clear they just want to get Free To Play out the door before they mess around with servers again. I have no problem with that, it makes sense to me. I can wait a couple of weeks.
The problem i see with this is that when ftp comes out with paid transfer, those that can afford it/cbf'd waiting will transfer to US servers right away. When that happens our servers will have such low populations (not including the most likely irritating kids that MIGHT come with ftp, play for a couple of weeks then never come back) that merging them wont help much for higher level, experienced players that refuse to fork out the $$ to transfer...
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS

JcPogi
10.30.2012 , 04:58 AM | #780
How cool it is having players from 3 AU servers joining together and asking for a server merge. If ever a server consolidation will really happen, we can all meet in game, and have compeititve PVP /RWZ and lots of PvE. Really looking forward on it guys!