Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

banehammer
10.22.2012 , 12:45 AM | #671
I think the majority of players would prefer to have a higher pop server than a server ‘type’. Because lets face it, with the worlds being apart like they are in SWTOR the world PVP is quite non existent.

At the very least, open up server transfers so we can decide for ourselves. Personally I’m going straight back to an American server… They’re FUN! Always busy. But I’ve dumped so much time into toons on the APAC servers that I don’t want to just ditch them…
Endoor | Guardian Jedi's have grenades now
Noxali | Sorcerer Storming to the light side like a traitor
HARBRINGER

Spinikar
10.22.2012 , 02:10 AM | #672
Quote: Originally Posted by Sitholat View Post
So .... I caved and kinda re subbed ......

Kinda really like the game ....... found some stuff to do but yea, as mentioned before its with the same people over and over, the 'die hards' if you will.

It would be so sad to see all the hard work and hours upon hours of game play and time go to waste ........

Six lvl 50's and legacy 50 down the drain if bioware don't do something ..... not to mention the guild, the mates, the laughs, the fun times .......

Its been long enough Joveth ......... come on mate, its about time don't you think ?
This is the one Part that really frustrates me. Losing Players from guilds that you have built up a friendship with, had a blast playing the game, which apart from bugs, is great, only to see it all go down the drain because Bioware doesn't care at all about the APAC community. What, are we to you Bioware? Just a cash flow to use up and toss aside at your leisure?
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

oakamp
10.22.2012 , 02:49 AM | #673
Quote: Originally Posted by banehammer View Post
I think the majority of players would prefer to have a higher pop server than a server ‘type’. Because lets face it, with the worlds being apart like they are in SWTOR the world PVP is quite non existent.

At the very least, open up server transfers so we can decide for ourselves. Personally I’m going straight back to an American server… They’re FUN! Always busy. But I’ve dumped so much time into toons on the APAC servers that I don’t want to just ditch them…
i think there shouldn't have APAC server at beginning,
server dead at that time when u transferred out,
and now u r suffering the consequence,
maybe u should transfer back or reroll.
English is not my first language, still working on it.

laz_AU
10.22.2012 , 04:20 AM | #674
Quote: Originally Posted by oakamp View Post
i think there shouldn't have APAC server at beginning,
server dead at that time when u transferred out,
and now u r suffering the consequence,
maybe u should transfer back or reroll.
Wow i think everything you wrote there was wrong...

1) Why? Just because we don't live in the US we don't deserve good latency? We pay the same subscription fee as you guys. If there are enough players for even 1 healthy server (of which i believe there will be if the servers are merged; especially with FTP) then i think we deserve one

2) APAC servers were not dead at the beginning when we transferred - they had queues actually. They began to suffer due to MoP and GW2 release as with every other SWTOR server. The difference is that the US servers got merged to compensate for this yet the APAC ones did not. Hence the inequality and subsequent uproar

3) We have to suffer the consequences for being sensible/logical and transferring from an off-shore server with crap latency and different server times to ones in the region we actually live in?

4) You cannot transfer - there is no option as of yet to do so. To re-roll would mean months of wasted gameplay and for most, such a huge time investment for a crappier latency is simply not worth it. Most would rather play a different game all together

/rage off

Sorry i'm just in an angry mood and the lack of progress here is not helping.

On a similar note (/rage on), remember to nominate this thread for the Community Round-Up this week. If they ignore us this week then we will have to keep posting next week. Keep applying the pressure
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS

Spinikar
10.22.2012 , 05:14 AM | #675
Quote: Originally Posted by laz_AU View Post
Wow i think everything you wrote there was wrong...

1) Why? Just because we don't live in the US we don't deserve good latency? We pay the same subscription fee as you guys. If there are enough players for even 1 healthy server (of which i believe there will be if the servers are merged; especially with FTP) then i think we deserve one

2) APAC servers were not dead at the beginning when we transferred - they had queues actually. They began to suffer due to MoP and GW2 release as with every other SWTOR server. The difference is that the US servers got merged to compensate for this yet the APAC ones did not. Hence the inequality and subsequent uproar

3) We have to suffer the consequences for being sensible/logical and transferring from an off-shore server with crap latency and different server times to ones in the region we actually live in?

4) You cannot transfer - there is no option as of yet to do so. To re-roll would mean months of wasted gameplay and for most, such a huge time investment for a crappier latency is simply not worth it. Most would rather play a different game all together

/rage off

Sorry i'm just in an angry mood and the lack of progress here is not helping.

On a similar note (/rage on), remember to nominate this thread for the Community Round-Up this week. If they ignore us this week then we will have to keep posting next week. Keep applying the pressure
I agree with you 100%. I wish Players from other timezones and from different servers would either mind thier own business or offer practical suggestions to the current issue. I'm sorry if that sounds rude but 1) You don't have to put up with the server situation we do so don't fully understand the issues at hand. 2) Bioware is not ignoring the other Zones. You guys got server merges and high pop servers. We didn't.

And for those players that are in other timezones, Before you start posting, actually stop and think about what is going on. To summarize what we, the APAC community is upset over, is: Server populations started shrinking, we posted on forums, Bioware responded with "we are looking into it, and will have a response in a few days"........then Nothing....for Months. We are a little pissed off for being Ignored, not because we have low population. that's just annoying and we understand why that has happened. We want Bioware to look into ways to help sort that issue out. Not just be silent on the issue.

If you want to offer suggestion: Please do. We welcome them. Just don't flame us for something you don't seem to understand.

Sidenote: I know the APAC faces other issues as well, but I'm not going to list everything.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

MouldyCrow
10.22.2012 , 07:50 AM | #676
Bump for justice.

Even though I think merging 3 dying communities won't really fix it long term. There will still be nothing to do, no new content worth a damn and people will still be bored. When the single server thats left is just like any of the 3 we have now by say... Christmas at the latest then those left will be begging to transfer to a US server.

Bioware don't care - if they did 68 pages of players who clearly do care might have yielded a response by now.

Kind of sad seeing as all the people who are leaving Bioware are saying the fans QQ too much blah blah dragon age 2 and mass effect 3 ending. Now they are just a company that used to make good games.

This silence just feels like resentment for our QQ from a company too arrogant to see they aren't as good as they once were.

Jarlgon
10.22.2012 , 08:11 AM | #677
they're too focused on F2P to worry about anything else.

HauksbokT
10.22.2012 , 08:50 AM | #678
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarlgon View Post
they're too focused on F2P to worry about anything else.
Cause posting "Hey guys, sorry, we're really busy right now! We're unfortunately sorry to say that you guys may have to wait till f2p" . Or whatever the **** jerk off answer they might come up with which would take 5 seconds of their time is too difficult to conjure up?

Sorry but I want some of the drugs you're smoking cause it's gotta be some good **** that removes sense of reality, XD

Jarlgon
10.22.2012 , 09:52 AM | #679
Quote: Originally Posted by HauksbokT View Post
Cause posting "Hey guys, sorry, we're really busy right now! We're unfortunately sorry to say that you guys may have to wait till f2p" . Or whatever the **** jerk off answer they might come up with which would take 5 seconds of their time is too difficult to conjure up?

Sorry but I want some of the drugs you're smoking cause it's gotta be some good **** that removes sense of reality, XD
well read what Arachan Nae'blis posted. He had direct contact with a CSR.
https://www.facebook.com/#!/groups/GavDaragon/
Point proven.
PS. Stop flaming and making other peoples opinions seem like complete and utter garbage (no disrespect indended)

orpheus
10.22.2012 , 11:44 AM | #680
2nd page? i don't think so buddy

still looking for an update on this please Bioware - something! anything!