Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Spinikar
10.17.2012 , 08:51 PM | #601
Why Bioware do you feel the need to ignore paying customers. We aren't asking for a miraculous fix to every single issue instantly! All we want is some information about whats happening and where you are going.

Basically, COMMUNICATE!

Its not hard.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

elitenz
10.17.2012 , 09:09 PM | #602
On Dalborra: 3 Hours and still going strong waiting for a HM daily to pop and nothing Oceanic is dead

wellymace
10.17.2012 , 11:03 PM | #603
Quote: Originally Posted by Spinikar View Post
Why Bioware do you feel the need to ignore paying customers. We aren't asking for a miraculous fix to every single issue instantly! All we want is some information about whats happening and where you are going.

Basically, COMMUNICATE!

Its not hard.
F2P is where its all at ......screw subscribing customers

Driveinns
10.17.2012 , 11:08 PM | #604
This is the only game where I have a server in my country, and I DO NOT want to lose that!

Latency, can have a grave effect on your gaming experience, and I for one, like a few others here, don't want to be crammed onto a U.S. server because of this! I like having at least one game and one company that actually took the time and invested the money in giving us servers located in our own country. I for one applaud this and don't want to see it ruined.

The three server types we have here are not going to co-exist on the same server anyway. Dedicated PVP are not going to get on with dedicated PVE and same goes for RPers. It's just the type of thing unlikely to be on the same ground!

So to reiterate, I want to keep the latency I have come to expect, and enjoy from this great game.

Thanks.

Thornsbane
10.17.2012 , 11:34 PM | #605
No way do want to be stuffed back on a US server.

Oceanic server merges would be ok though. But no change if it means being on a US sevrer pls.

Froippi
10.17.2012 , 11:47 PM | #606
Quote: Originally Posted by Thornsbane View Post
No way do want to be stuffed back on a US server.

Oceanic server merges would be ok though. But no change if it means being on a US sevrer pls.
and what happens if that one servers goes dead again like what you have now ? the only choice you would get after that would be U.S. servers and correct me if i'm wrong swtor is only MMO to have a offical Asia pacific servers

HauksbokT
10.17.2012 , 11:51 PM | #607
Quote: Originally Posted by Driveinns View Post
This is the only game where I have a server in my country, and I DO NOT want to lose that!

Latency, can have a grave effect on your gaming experience, and I for one, like a few others here, don't want to be crammed onto a U.S. server because of this! I like having at least one game and one company that actually took the time and invested the money in giving us servers located in our own country. I for one applaud this and don't want to see it ruined.

The three server types we have here are not going to co-exist on the same server anyway. Dedicated PVP are not going to get on with dedicated PVE and same goes for RPers. It's just the type of thing unlikely to be on the same ground!

So to reiterate, I want to keep the latency I have come to expect, and enjoy from this great game.

Thanks.
It's funny that you're like what, one of two people, maybe 3? That have posted ITT that say it can't co-exist. But okay yeah sure, you can go about and be happy with your super long Q's. I cannot express how happy and jealous I am for you that you can tolerate the absolutely dismal population

PurpleCliff
10.18.2012 , 12:06 AM | #608
Quote: Originally Posted by Froippi View Post
and what happens if that one servers goes dead again like what you have now ? the only choice you would get after that would be U.S. servers and correct me if i'm wrong swtor is only MMO to have a offical Asia pacific servers
The likelihood of 1 or 2 APAC servers going dead is so tiny. Overall there's still quite a large population of players around Oceania.

wellymace
10.18.2012 , 12:08 AM | #609
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
The likelihood of 1 or 2 APAC servers going dead is so tiny. Overall there's still quite a large population of players around Oceania.

rubbish....most of them are now playing US servers

HauksbokT
10.18.2012 , 12:34 AM | #610
Quote: Originally Posted by wellymace View Post
rubbish....most of them are now playing US servers
I'll be honest, I rolled a toon on The Bastion, and seeing more people on Tython than on Imperial fleet is pretty damn delightful.

Got a 42 there, and I'll prolly stick there for a while until this APAC situation gets sorted.

P.S I resubbed on the basis that this game is just too much fun for me. But ye, ceebs w/ Master ***'Blasters q's