Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Mowermanx
10.16.2012 , 08:32 PM | #591
Quote: Originally Posted by wellymace View Post
They are still Oceanic servers
No, they are not, in the context of this thread.

PurpleCliff
10.16.2012 , 08:34 PM | #592
Quote: Originally Posted by Froippi View Post
yet no other mmo besides swtor i can think of have oceanic server so my question is to how did you manage before without oceanic servers cause even if they merge all 3 its only a temp fix
That's why I'm here, playing this MMO, it has oceanic servers. Merging the 3 isn't a temporary fix, APAC has easily enough population for one extremely healthy server.

Quote: Originally Posted by Evgen View Post
And WoW has Oceanic servers, to the guy who said no other MMORPGs have them.
Not really. They just label them "Oceanic", but they're just the same as the US servers.

Spinikar
10.16.2012 , 09:10 PM | #593
Why can't they open one of them High Pop Servers and give us an option to transfer to it if we choose to? That way, Biowares given everyone a choice of which server they want, echoing what Joveth said on Twiiter about allowing a choice, and everyone in the Oceanic Region that wants a merge will get it, with out actually merging anything.

Of course, this will mean the complete death of the other servers and really suck for those that stay, but after reading countless forum post, I doubt anyone would stick with the old servers.

Just a thought.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

Twindestiny
10.17.2012 , 01:12 AM | #594
Bioware you must have a plan, please tell us what it is already.

SplatterPaw
10.17.2012 , 02:28 AM | #595
Haven't you heard? The latest patch has just assassinated Dalborra!

killer_kam
10.17.2012 , 04:53 AM | #596
Quote: Originally Posted by Twindestiny View Post
Bioware you must have a plan, please tell us what it is already.
They have told you, their plan is to tell you more as the find out.

Of course for them to find out more, that would require they actually think about the problem. Which would also require thinking about the Oceanic community as a whole. They did that once, they're due to do it again sometime in the next 12 years.

scullzomben
10.17.2012 , 12:47 PM | #597
Now that I know they are working on the forgotten flashpoints, that puts me a little bit closer to resubbing.

News of a full APAC server consolidation would make me resub.

elitenz
10.17.2012 , 03:14 PM | #598
Bioware say they are watching this thread with a lot of interest lol but I was also told everyone should email there concerns to communitysupport@swtor.com personally I don't like how they use these forums they just don't work and the wrong people are answering our questions we need devs not online community guys that take 3 weeks to reply with an answer he must have been waiting on from another source.

But people have to remember more problems will come if population levels get very high making things like doing your daily runs and other stuff horrible.

wellymace
10.17.2012 , 04:30 PM | #599
Quote: Originally Posted by elitenz View Post
Bioware say they are watching this thread with a lot of interest lol but I was also told everyone should email there concerns to communitysupport@swtor.com personally I don't like how they use these forums they just don't work and the wrong people are answering our questions we need devs not online community guys that take 3 weeks to reply with an answer he must have been waiting on from another source.

But people have to remember more problems will come if population levels get very high making things like doing your daily runs and other stuff horrible.
High is good...loving leveling my new toon on harbinger.......its great!!!
I suspect a large proportion of Dalborra players are also leveling a new toon on harbinger as they have given up on Bioware's promises. Most of my guild now have toons they are leveling on Harbinger.

Esno
10.17.2012 , 05:19 PM | #600
Quote: Originally Posted by elitenz View Post

How would this be any different to on US servers with much higher pops? I personally would love it also group up with people and do em together, most daily areas seem to spawn alot faster now to handle higher pops.

Normal questing areas may be different but as i just stated group up and do quests together, problem solved. (If they wont group, wait till they pass and mobs respawn. Doesnt take too long)

Edit: 600 posts and still no more information..... This is woeful service. I had planned to leave at end of month but will wait to see what F2P may bring
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent