Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CrazyMcGee
06.26.2013 , 01:17 AM | #5871
Quote: Originally Posted by Zandilar View Post
Okay, so I just went through the yellow posts, and couldn't see the answer to this anywhere...

I have 7 characters on the Harbinger, and 13 on Dalborra.

When the consolidations happen, what happens to my 7 excess characters?

This is the main reason why I haven't transferred any of my characters yet. (Sure, I can delete characters on Harbinger probably, or pay to transfer them off, but I'd like to avoid doing that if at all possible.)
If you wait for consolidations, you should get all your toons (20), but you will not be able to make any more until you are down to your usual character limit (12 for subs with no additional character slots purchased).

CrazyMcGee
06.26.2013 , 04:03 AM | #5872
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey guys,

Quick update: There are actually two changes that are going to take place in order to work on fixing your Achievements and titles, and they are not both happening in 2.2.1 unfortunately.

What is happening in Game Update 2.2.1 is a projected fix for your broken Achievements, post-transfer. The titles which are granted from Achievements are still planned to be fixed, but currently slated for 2.2.2.

If after 2.2.1 and subsequently 2.2.2 you have broken Achievements and/or titles please contact CS and they should be able to assist you further.

-eric
Um, Eric... my titles are back Did you guys pull some overtime?

Talimar
07.04.2013 , 01:01 AM | #5873
Ok so now that our server is completely dead because everyone transferred off it, can you give us a timeline for the closure and forced merger?

Before you all attack me for not simply moving, I am not transferring as I wish to keep my character names and according to the merger rules my 45 odd days of time played should outweigh the L1 character holding my name on Harbinger. I have moved a couple of my non-main characters, and even though the wait time for a flashpoint has gone up by 30 mins even though the population is 8 times larger in US prime time, I feel now that the decent thing to do is wrap up the forced merger immediately.
"We're merging you with US servers. Your gameplay experience will be abysmal, but you'll have higher populations!"
"But we play at entirely different times."
"Doesn't matter. Our metrics will show higher populations."

CremeFreiche
07.04.2013 , 01:28 AM | #5874
Although I was strongly against this server merger and I still hold some reservations, I must admit that things are not as bad as what I had expected, Yes the latency is 4x what I had on Gav Daragon and yes It caused our guild to be effectively disbanded but on the flip side the US people are not online when Australian's are online except for a small 3-4 hour window pvp is popping close to what it was (much faster in that window when the US are online) group finder is still useless so game play has not changed. ultimately game-play has improved the few patches that BioWare/EA have done have fixed a lot of issues.

Zandilar
07.09.2013 , 06:58 AM | #5875
Quote: Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
Ok so now that our server is completely dead because everyone transferred off it, can you give us a timeline for the closure and forced merger?
Yes, I would like to know this too. I'm hanging on on Dalborra, but playing through some content is impossible at the moment, and there's no market to speak of.

I am hanging on because I have 13 characters at the moment, and 7 (or 8?) characters on Harbinger, none of which I want to delete. Which means I can't move characters between servers (well I can, I just won't be able to move them all). Oh not to mention a level 37 legacy on Dalborra vs a level 17 or so on Harbinger - if I transfer characters, do I get the higher legacy, or is that something I need to wait for consolidation for?

ETA: I just got e-mail this morning, apparently the consolidation will take place "in approximately one month".
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

scotthomas
07.09.2013 , 06:34 PM | #5876
I just got e-mail this morning, apparently the consolidation will take place "in approximately one month".
Yup. I got it too. Came here to see if anyone had anything firmer to go on. Guess not.

Also, I'd wait for the forced merge just to make sure you keep all your characters and get the higher legacy on the destination server.

As I understand it; character limits are relaxed in these instances (until you delete a character and lose that slot) and the higher legacy will supersede the lower one.
Quote: Originally Posted by Stryges View Post
The majority of people who ever played this game were concerned with Star Wars, not your leet DPS.

Thysce
07.09.2013 , 10:22 PM | #5877
This proposal for consolidation is really disappointing, to say at the least...

I guess it's time to go back to 400ms pings...

laz_AU
07.10.2013 , 07:04 PM | #5878
Quote: Originally Posted by scotthomas View Post
Yup. I got it too. Came here to see if anyone had anything firmer to go on. Guess not.

Also, I'd wait for the forced merge just to make sure you keep all your characters and get the higher legacy on the destination server.

As I understand it; character limits are relaxed in these instances (until you delete a character and lose that slot) and the higher legacy will supersede the lower one.
Even if u just transfer one character over you get your complete legacy levels, perks etc on that server - hence why i transferred low level alts to a few servers
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS

Zandilar
07.11.2013 , 07:33 AM | #5879
Quote: Originally Posted by laz_AU View Post
Even if u just transfer one character over you get your complete legacy levels, perks etc on that server - hence why i transferred low level alts to a few servers
I transferred one of my low levels, one I could stand to lose, and found out that this is indeed the case.
Zandilar, an Australian, IN SPAAAAAAAACCCCEEEEE!!
Too many characters, most of them Chiss.

laz_AU
07.11.2013 , 06:19 PM | #5880
I transferred one of my low levels, one I could stand to lose, and found out that this is indeed the case.
If u have a spare character slot u can even just make a toon on ur origin server, login, then transfer him to destination realm to get ur legacy over there. Can also rinse and repeat the above for multiple servers if u think u might play on them some time - may aswell while its free
Leader of Nocturnal | Impaled on The Harbinger (Ex-APAC)

The Custos Legacy
Riku - Sage Healer
Excubitor - Focus Sentinel
Equiti - Vanguard Tank/DPS