Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Shenyu
06.11.2013 , 02:55 AM | #5851
I must admit, I'd love for an APAC Mega Server. I miss 30 Ping. :c I feel like removing the APAC servers was a bad decision, they're probably losing reputation and money now.

I just hope this is fixed soon..
Iyris || The Ebon Hawk || <good talk>
mediocre queue syncing match-fixing hacker

PurpleCliff
06.11.2013 , 03:18 AM | #5852
I'm not overjoyed by the whole situation, but I gotta say I think 80% of you are overreacting and will have more fun on the US servers than you think.

Nevertheless, BioWare has some serious work to do to earn our respect again.
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon

WYDAS
06.13.2013 , 01:23 AM | #5853
Ok Guys, after patiently waiting to see if this would get better it seems the APAC transfer is a disaster at the moment. I moved from Master Dar'Nala to The Bastion. The lag cycle in the past 10 days make it almost unplayable.

WZ, Fleet or FP all the same
The cycle for me goes something like this:

3 Bars - MS 220 - wait a second !!!
1 Bar - MS 600 - then another second and boom
RED - MS 2000 +
Rinse and repeat - absolute crap !!!

Had full 5 bar connection and under 100 MS on the APAC server.

Will give it another week then will unsubscribe and move on. - Grrr

Kanimbla
06.13.2013 , 04:44 AM | #5854
ditto

Waddox
06.14.2013 , 01:29 AM | #5855
devs,
I log in this morning and I see 40 people on the entire server now (even less assuming the feature didn't bug out like always to show more)...or atleast the imp side anyway(7AM+).
the free transfers are killing anyone who is still on the server and will only get worse as time goes on...
alot of people are staying on the server not becuase of ping but because; bugs with manual transfer, too lazy, have too many toons, no free name change yet, they have friends that wont transfer for the these reasons, etc.

The quicker the forced transfers happen the better imo.

CrazyMcGee
06.14.2013 , 02:10 AM | #5856
For me, it's not the lag (which yes, is noticeable), but the bugs!

I want my legacy titles back!
I want my achievements fixed!

PLEASE let 2.2.1 fix these things. BW are the ones who shut the APAC servers, they made us transfer and they broke our game! Fixing it for us should be their priority, and instead you get dev comments on how they will fix the warzone button bug.

It's been made super clear that BW don't give a damn about anyone from APAC, but as we're on NA servers now, can't they pretend we're American and give us the first class treatment now? We're not second class citizens because we live in Asia-Pacific!!

PS If you are still on APAC, I *know* the servers are dead, but seriously, DON'T TRANSFER. I wish so much I hadn't. Your game works. Hold onto that and just enjoy the peace and quiet.

OwenBrooks
06.14.2013 , 02:33 AM | #5857
That's what I'm doing waiting ....., I was never in a rush to move on day 1 , BW after all always release bug free features

SplatterPaw
06.14.2013 , 03:39 AM | #5858
How BW is treating us in regards to the Guild Bank situation is nothing short of fraud! Our guild has 5 tabs, thats 15million credits!

I look at the situation in this manner:
The APAC servers are apartment blocks BW has condemned. We are told we will be moved automatically in 60 days but we can walk out the door at any time. However, as they have stop new residents from coming your business at the apartments collapses and your family is forced to move. As you leave the BW guards come to you and take half your stuff.
San-t'shiel Stareille
<Ewokalypse Now> - Harbinger
ewokalypsenow.com

EricMusco
06.20.2013 , 10:36 AM | #5859 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenP View Post
It also affects other Legacy titles, not just Living Legend. I lost my Prolific (Lvl 30) and Dedicated (lvl 20) titles but not the achievements.

I also combined 2 legacies from Master Dar'Nala and Dalborra to Harbinger with disastrous results! All the achievements which I had started but not completed that required xx/XX have all been bumped up with outrageous numbers like 6600/1000 and now they are all broken and not able to be Completed.
I wanted to give an update on the broken titles and achievements issue. These should be fixed with Game Update 2.2.1 next week. Also, after that point if you transfer a character you should not experience these issues.

If you run into any problems with your titles or achievements after 2.2.1, please contact CS.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]

OwenP
06.20.2013 , 04:16 PM | #5860
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I wanted to give an update on the broken titles and achievements issue. These should be fixed with Game Update 2.2.1 next week. Also, after that point if you transfer a character you should not experience these issues.

If you run into any problems with your titles or achievements after 2.2.1, please contact CS.

-eric
Thanks Eric! Appreciate the update and look forward to being able to continue earning Achievements once more.
He's no good to me dead