Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

tensaix
06.10.2013 , 01:14 AM | #5841
Quote: Originally Posted by Girdeux View Post
I don't even notice any form of lag tbh. I definetly prefer the high pops now because I can actually group up instead of waiting forever to get anything happening.

Thanks Bioware for allowing me to transfer off the APAC servers.
Yes 99.99% of us who are experiencing lag must be imagining...=.=;
Radix malorum est EA

xxpcwizardxx
06.10.2013 , 02:35 AM | #5842
Quote: Originally Posted by tensaix View Post
Yes 99.99% of us who are experiencing lag must be imagining...=.=;
i got input lag on the APAC server only during certain op boss so it isn't so much lag as poor programming
May The Force Be With You.

lyonsoft
06.10.2013 , 05:12 AM | #5843
Well after playing on the Bastion I've decided to quit swtor. My ability is about the same but the lag is irritating it just is not as satisfying as dalborra where the instant you hit the key it shows on screen.

Good luck to other people and their transfers. RIP Dalborra

Trekerrob
06.10.2013 , 06:30 AM | #5844
Well after everything we've gone through, I have reached the limit of my tolerance for the way this game is being run.

Eric, you've done your best under company rules, now you need to hear this. Please be aware these comments are not directed at you personally, but at the companies that run this game.

Point 1:

The initial promise that subscribers were supposed to have all updates accessed free was broken. That's bad in any language. And before you try and refute this, it has been admitted already in other forums and responses. This was a big slap in the face of all subs, regardless of continent. F2P for the win!!! NOT! (no this is not referring to Cartel Market accesses). Take a look at STO. They have just rolled out a major expansion and new species, with full quest sequences involved, and its FREE to their subscribers. That's now you do it, and that's how you keep gamers interested.

Point 2:

Waiting more than 6 months for a decision regarding APAC servers was a joke. And that's not including the prior 6 months discussions in forums about what to do to fix the problems. Yes that's right virtually 12 months we've been trying to work with you to fix the problems. Any company that thinks this is acceptable should not be in business.

Point 3:

Then BW/EA decided to shut down the APAC servers. Your choice. I've subsequently moved to Harbinger with the free transfer service. The population may be high, but this seems to create stability problems on the server I've never come across before. The latency/lag also means I'm seeing abilities activated with 2 or even 3 tries (click presses), and then 2 animations in game sometimes with no damage showing, and this is just doing dailies. If this is what BW/EA considers acceptable game performance, you don't deserve the gaming communities support because you are WRONG! And no I had none of these problems on APAC.

Lastly, and this is the last straw in my opinion.

WHY WILL YOU NOT DUPLICATE FOR US THE SAME NUMBER OF GUILD BANK TABS ON HARBINGER THAT WE HAD ON GAV DARAGON!!!!!!!!! Your talking about almost 15 Million in game credits worth of bank and tabs here. My guild mistress has just told me of the ticket refusal (ticket 9239198). You have forced us to move based on your own decision. Free transfers were expected and given, this was good and I had little if no problems myself, however you are punishing us by not giving us the guild bank we had before. All because you wanted to move us to NA servers to solve the problems you saw.

I'm sorry to say you have failed to live up to any expectation of reasonable, and the events listed here shows a continuing disregard for player satisfaction. The company will say cutting costs and being efficient keeps the game going. WRONG!!!!!! A satisfied player base keeps games going. If you don't have that you have nothing.

You have greatly disappointed me, and many of my friends. Good luck in trying to rectify that.

"Corsorolin" formerly of Gav Daragon, now of Harbinger. Player since Beta testing.......

OwenBrooks
06.10.2013 , 06:39 AM | #5845
Quote: Originally Posted by xxpcwizardxx View Post
i got input lag on the APAC server only during certain op boss so it isn't so much lag as poor programming
https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...ed-frames-0-/1
If your running Nvidia you can try lowering pre-rendered frames to 1 to reduce input lag, First Person Shooters use this for getting the input lag as low as possible.

Mjollnir
06.10.2013 , 01:55 PM | #5846
Aside from noticing the lag more than expected (played other games at 200-300ms lag with less effect to gameplay), I have also found my latency is seriously unstable. I never had this issue on APAC server, and very rarely playing other MMO's based in the US in the past.

Currently I am levelling through Hoth on an alt, and found it even more noticeable there. I'll be dropping to 700ms or worse, only occasionally coming back up to my regular ping of 200-300ms.

Anybody heard any word from Bioware regarding this issue, or experiencing the same issue?

PS: Will likely try a few options posted previously to see if that helps the issue. Something official regarding the issue would be nice though.

SunfirePhenix
06.10.2013 , 08:17 PM | #5847
Quote: Originally Posted by Trekerrob View Post
Well after everything we've gone through, I have reached the limit of my tolerance for the way this game is being run.

Eric, you've done your best under company rules, now you need to hear this. Please be aware these comments are not directed at you personally, but at the companies that run this game.

Point 1:

The initial promise that subscribers were supposed to have all updates accessed free was broken. That's bad in any language. And before you try and refute this, it has been admitted already in other forums and responses. This was a big slap in the face of all subs, regardless of continent. F2P for the win!!! NOT! (no this is not referring to Cartel Market accesses). Take a look at STO. They have just rolled out a major expansion and new species, with full quest sequences involved, and its FREE to their subscribers. That's now you do it, and that's how you keep gamers interested.

Point 2:

Waiting more than 6 months for a decision regarding APAC servers was a joke. And that's not including the prior 6 months discussions in forums about what to do to fix the problems. Yes that's right virtually 12 months we've been trying to work with you to fix the problems. Any company that thinks this is acceptable should not be in business.

Point 3:

Then BW/EA decided to shut down the APAC servers. Your choice. I've subsequently moved to Harbinger with the free transfer service. The population may be high, but this seems to create stability problems on the server I've never come across before. The latency/lag also means I'm seeing abilities activated with 2 or even 3 tries (click presses), and then 2 animations in game sometimes with no damage showing, and this is just doing dailies. If this is what BW/EA considers acceptable game performance, you don't deserve the gaming communities support because you are WRONG! And no I had none of these problems on APAC.

Lastly, and this is the last straw in my opinion.

WHY WILL YOU NOT DUPLICATE FOR US THE SAME NUMBER OF GUILD BANK TABS ON HARBINGER THAT WE HAD ON GAV DARAGON!!!!!!!!! Your talking about almost 15 Million in game credits worth of bank and tabs here. My guild mistress has just told me of the ticket refusal (ticket 9239198). You have forced us to move based on your own decision. Free transfers were expected and given, this was good and I had little if no problems myself, however you are punishing us by not giving us the guild bank we had before. All because you wanted to move us to NA servers to solve the problems you saw.

I'm sorry to say you have failed to live up to any expectation of reasonable, and the events listed here shows a continuing disregard for player satisfaction. The company will say cutting costs and being efficient keeps the game going. WRONG!!!!!! A satisfied player base keeps games going. If you don't have that you have nothing.

You have greatly disappointed me, and many of my friends. Good luck in trying to rectify that.

"Corsorolin" formerly of Gav Daragon, now of Harbinger. Player since Beta testing.......
Nicely said Corso, previous to reading this comment i was considering keeping my subscription active, but reading your comment has renewed my disgust in EAware and i am now unsubbed to this game... stuff you EAware ripping off your customers ive had enough of your infinite amount of BS - player since april 2012
APAC CONSOLIDATED SERVER EVENT
7th April 2013, 5PM AEDT Dalborra - www.zer0ping.com

Sign the petition http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...ignatures.html

Blockk
06.11.2013 , 12:07 AM | #5848
I was in this game for the long haul

Having experienced a week of unplayable lag post transfer, Dalborra to Harbinger, its just unplayable over half the time

PvP forget it
Fleet forget it
Even Ops a struggle at times
PvE basic at best

I reckon Bio-ware got it wrong when they decided to move the 3 APAC servers to 3 North American Servers, they did not want people on RP or PVP etc servers having to change styles. I would have much preferred to change styles and have no severe lag, unplayable lag makes any option impossible, RP or PVE or PVP

done
The enemy outnumber us a paltry three to one, good odds for any Jedi

iheartnyc
06.11.2013 , 12:22 AM | #5849
Harbringer has higher lag than Bastion due to higher population, at least from what I've noticed. Also, Harbringer was always the more unstable server as far as lag spikes are concerned.

The Aussies who rerolled onto the Bastion are doing very well PVP-wise so not sure about these unplayable claims unless your area has really poor internet.

fushnchips
06.11.2013 , 01:11 AM | #5850
Quote: Originally Posted by Blockk View Post
I was in this game for the long haul

Having experienced a week of unplayable lag post transfer, Dalborra to Harbinger, its just unplayable over half the time

PvP forget it
Fleet forget it
Even Ops a struggle at times
PvE basic at best

I reckon Bio-ware got it wrong when they decided to move the 3 APAC servers to 3 North American Servers, they did not want people on RP or PVP etc servers having to change styles. I would have much preferred to change styles and have no severe lag, unplayable lag makes any option impossible, RP or PVE or PVP

done
lol it's fine still clearing all HM raids on the server with no issue at 179-240ms
Conquerer of the Galactic Command
Galactic Command Ranks FT 300 JT 300 DF 192 GH 101 SS 40

Free stuff for you and me click here : Refer a Friend

Veteran/Master Operations 100%