Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Iscul
06.09.2013 , 05:51 AM | #5831
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
I just did a flashpoint on The Bastion, and I don't want to whinge but the game could obviously do with some optimisation. It's obviously poorly designed for those with a lower ping.

I sit between 230 to 350ms, just like other MMOs. But whereas with games like Rift and WoW I don't notice the lag, in SWTOR it's pretty obvious and annoying. I'm no dev, so I don't know what it is specifically, but there must be something that can be improved about the movement animations or ability activations or something... feels like I'm always one step behind the game.

On a side note, anyone know if the NBN will help with latency?
I moved one of my 55's across (a Shadow DPS) and noticed the lag first flash point I did. Instead of instant casting it takes like 1 second to cast because of the lag.
Also interrupts are almost impossible now. 1 second boss cast, 250ms of lag, 250ms for the server to ack the interrupt, that gives us less than 1/2 a second to get the 1 second cast (which I think is almost impossible even if you have it bound to a mouse button etc).

Think this is my time to stop playing....Its just not fun now

Tork
06.09.2013 , 02:17 PM | #5832
Quote: Originally Posted by Iscul View Post
I moved one of my 55's across (a Shadow DPS) and noticed the lag first flash point I did. Instead of instant casting it takes like 1 second to cast because of the lag.
Also interrupts are almost impossible now. 1 second boss cast, 250ms of lag, 250ms for the server to ack the interrupt, that gives us less than 1/2 a second to get the 1 second cast (which I think is almost impossible even if you have it bound to a mouse button etc).

Think this is my time to stop playing....Its just not fun now
Awesome, just what I wanted to hear.
Thanks to all the arses that pushed for a US server merge. You couldn't have just waited for server transfers and moved yourselves?
Intel 3930k, Gigabyte G1.Assassin.2, 16GB RAM @ 2133MHZ, OCZ Vertex 4 240GB SSD, 2 x Gigabyte GTX 670 2GB SLi, 3 x Dell U2412 monitors in portrait surround for 3880x1920 bezel adjusted resolution, 2 x 500GB HD Raid 0 for storage

KippleMaster
06.09.2013 , 05:09 PM | #5833
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
I just did a flashpoint on The Bastion, and I don't want to whinge but the game could obviously do with some optimisation. It's obviously poorly designed for those with a lower ping.

I sit between 230 to 350ms, just like other MMOs. But whereas with games like Rift and WoW I don't notice the lag, in SWTOR it's pretty obvious and annoying. I'm no dev, so I don't know what it is specifically, but there must be something that can be improved about the movement animations or ability activations or something... feels like I'm always one step behind the game.

On a side note, anyone know if the NBN will help with latency?
My guess on the NBN would be no. Once your traffic gets to the submarine cables that connect Australia to the world, the NBN will have no effect whatsoever.

Iscul
06.09.2013 , 05:45 PM | #5834
Quote: Originally Posted by Tork View Post
Awesome, just what I wanted to hear.
Thanks to all the arses that pushed for a US server merge. You couldn't have just waited for server transfers and moved yourselves?
Could have waited but when there was 3 people on the fleet I kind of thought my chances for any Flashpoints popping would be fairly limited :P

Applicator
06.09.2013 , 06:35 PM | #5835
Quote: Originally Posted by Iscul View Post
Could have waited but when there was 3 people on the fleet I kind of thought my chances for any Flashpoints popping would be fairly limited :P
I've done a few OPs since the transfer and it's only really noticeable when you have to switch targets and for interrupts. I went from 11ms to 155ms. I'm sure it's worse for others say in WA instead of Sydney where I am. The dps queue for FPs was just as long on Harbinger as it used to be on Dalborra. I haven't pvp'd yet on new server, so yet to see what that feels like.

OwenBrooks
06.09.2013 , 07:13 PM | #5836
If you have Nvidia , you can try setting pre-rendered frames to 1 or 2 ( it should help with the input latency ) and use http://www.wowinterface.com/download...atencyFix.html if it doesn't appear to help just remove the settings.

Radeon I think is called Flipque and needs something like radeonpro I believe.

orpheus
06.09.2013 , 07:17 PM | #5837
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post

Game Engine

SWTOR is well... bad. Dont blame my PC either, it runs everything great. Loading screens are slow, world PVP just cant happen, you cant even have more than 16 players in a WZ as the engine is bad.They cant even implement speach bubbles, plus lots of other things that have been mentioned over and over in other posts.

Rift loads in minimum time, you can even multibox if you are one of those that like that kind of thing. I can run the game in Ultra mode with nil issues. PvP can have tonnes of players running around without the game dropping to <10 FPS.
sorry, comparing 2 different MMO Game Engines is like Apples to Oranges. That said, All your other points seem valid enough, but i haven't played Rift.

CrazyMcGee
06.09.2013 , 08:30 PM | #5838
So do we think the Achievements that got screwed in the transfer will be fixed in 2.2? It really sucks, I know not everyone cares about achievements, but I've been working really hard on mine.

The ones I had partially completed are totally screwed now and I don't want to start any that weren't started because I am worried that if they ever do fix it, it would wipe out all my new effort.

If they do fix it they are probably gonna a) reset everything uncompleted to 0 or b) divide everything by the number of toons you transferred (thus fixing the broken ones, but screwing any new ones you have been gaining). I find it hard to believe they will put the effort in for c) fix the broken ones, but check which ones you've been working on since the transfer.

So I am kinda in limbo here without a fix. I wish they would just confirm if it would be fixed in 2.2 or not.

Girdeux
06.09.2013 , 10:53 PM | #5839
I don't even notice any form of lag tbh. I definetly prefer the high pops now because I can actually group up instead of waiting forever to get anything happening.

Thanks Bioware for allowing me to transfer off the APAC servers.

mrpayday
06.09.2013 , 11:27 PM | #5840
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
So do we think the Achievements that got screwed in the transfer will be fixed in 2.2? It really sucks, I know not everyone cares about achievements, but I've been working really hard on mine.

The ones I had partially completed are totally screwed now and I don't want to start any that weren't started because I am worried that if they ever do fix it, it would wipe out all my new effort.

If they do fix it they are probably gonna a) reset everything uncompleted to 0 or b) divide everything by the number of toons you transferred (thus fixing the broken ones, but screwing any new ones you have been gaining). I find it hard to believe they will put the effort in for c) fix the broken ones, but check which ones you've been working on since the transfer.

So I am kinda in limbo here without a fix. I wish they would just confirm if it would be fixed in 2.2 or not.
With paid transfers coming soon there will be some angry posts when achievements are messed up.