Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sarking
06.07.2013 , 10:53 AM | #5821
Status update on my character transfer:
It is now 72 hours (3 days) since I initated character transfer for my last character on Dalborra. After 2 tickets both closed without helping, the character is still stuck in transfer Queue lockout.
And dont bother sending me the same unhelpfull Messages. I know the FAQ; I know why the character is stuck; it' because of that infamous 12/12 character Slots full bug. I cleared a slot and I am now at 11/12

MrRuck
06.07.2013 , 10:55 PM | #5822
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
Hmm, so is it just combining two legacies which leads to the achievements being bugged? Not to sound selfish, but I only have one legacy, so if that's the cause, I should be safe!
Nope, only 1 legacy here & I lost all non-Reputation granted legacy titles despite the fact they're still marked as "Completed" AND being worn on some toons.

Incomplete achievement progress has been multiplied by the amount of toons transferred.

For example:
> 13 toons transferred from Dalborra to Bastion.
> I Am Death Incarnate: 28322 on Dalborra; 368186 on Bastion.
> 13x28322=368186
Lycaon
<Samurai Pizza Cats>
www.twitch.tv/beertruck

OwenP
06.08.2013 , 02:05 AM | #5823
Quote: Originally Posted by MrRuck View Post
Nope, only 1 legacy here & I lost all non-Reputation granted legacy titles despite the fact they're still marked as "Completed" AND being worn on some toons.

Incomplete achievement progress has been multiplied by the amount of toons transferred.

For example:
> 13x28322=368186
I never bothered doing the math (not my strong suit). That actually seems to work. Since it only happens on achievements that were in progress that would be right. Thanks for doing the workings on this.
He's no good to me dead

Waddox
06.08.2013 , 06:55 AM | #5824
devs;
I'm starting to notice a HUGE problem with the free early server transfers.
As you already know finding a group can be a $#%& but every day i log on the only thing people are talking about are these transfers and I've even noticed a drop in population already and its even harder to find groups now as time goes on, by the time the whole server transfers the population may only be (insert percentage) or less of what it was making the rest of us pay the price especially if its going to take "MONTHS" for the whole server transfer.
If its going to happen anyway I definitely DON"T want more time for (insert reason).
FP/WZ/Heroics/operations/groups will become impossible as time goes on...
just my two cents on how bad it "could" get and its quickly heading this way already...if this takes a long time...even though some of us did want free early server transfers, it isn't without cost to everyone else...

CrazyMcGee
06.08.2013 , 07:39 AM | #5825

For example:
> 13x28322=368186
OMG, thanks for doing the maths! If it is easy to work out, then I have faith that BW can restore it to what it was, not reset to 0.

Wait, did I just talk about having faith in BW? Whoops, must be a typo

OwenP
06.08.2013 , 09:52 AM | #5826

For example:
> 13x28322=368186
Yes, confirmed that the number of characters transferred is directly multiplied to the progress at the time of transfer. Funnily enough if that number exactly matches a required achievement number then that achievement is erroneously awarded.....

Quote:
CrazyMcGee :

OMG, thanks for doing the maths! If it is easy to work out, then I have faith that BW can restore it to what it was, not reset to 0.

Wait, did I just talk about having faith in BW? Whoops, must be a typo
What is said cannot be unsaid! I am hopeful though now that the numbers have been worked out that they can find an easy fix that won't divide by zero, again....
He's no good to me dead

xxpcwizardxx
06.08.2013 , 09:59 PM | #5827
has any1 had luck restoring guild tabs from there old guild on balborra as we been told we have to wait until force transfer to happen and move back to the old guild, has any1 else been told this as well or has any1 had any luck with it?
May The Force Be With You.

WizardsDestiny
06.09.2013 , 12:50 AM | #5828
Quote: Originally Posted by xxpcwizardxx View Post
has any1 had luck restoring guild tabs from there old guild on balborra as we been told we have to wait until force transfer to happen and move back to the old guild, has any1 else been told this as well or has any1 had any luck with it?
I know some people have had luck with it, but we've been absolutely ignored since Thursday with sufficient evidence and reasonable report in tickets and via email. It's a new low of customer service; we're not buying new banks for a while in case we can get the old ones back, but having to wait for three days with not a hint at a reply is appalling. We didn't ask for this to happen to our guild, so on Bioware's part I'd appreciate some empathy- I'm not sure they're capable of sympathy unless we pay them to feel it! I'd like some more acknowledgement and help.
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

Mjollnir
06.09.2013 , 04:24 AM | #5829
Quote: Originally Posted by WizardsDestiny View Post
I know some people have had luck with it, but we've been absolutely ignored since Thursday with sufficient evidence and reasonable report in tickets and via email. It's a new low of customer service; we're not buying new banks for a while in case we can get the old ones back, but having to wait for three days with not a hint at a reply is appalling. We didn't ask for this to happen to our guild, so on Bioware's part I'd appreciate some empathy- I'm not sure they're capable of sympathy unless we pay them to feel it! I'd like some more acknowledgement and help.
I hear the current rate for sympathy is 10,000 CC

PurpleCliff
06.09.2013 , 05:42 AM | #5830
I just did a flashpoint on The Bastion, and I don't want to whinge but the game could obviously do with some optimisation. It's obviously poorly designed for those with a lower ping.

I sit between 230 to 350ms, just like other MMOs. But whereas with games like Rift and WoW I don't notice the lag, in SWTOR it's pretty obvious and annoying. I'm no dev, so I don't know what it is specifically, but there must be something that can be improved about the movement animations or ability activations or something... feels like I'm always one step behind the game.

On a side note, anyone know if the NBN will help with latency?
The Bastion
Agent Cislunar Lord Seismometer Hunter Telescope Sith Escarpment Master Propellant Trooper Fluorocarbon