Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Greywatcher
06.06.2013 , 10:13 PM | #5801
Thank you Bioware for restoring our guild tabs.

I do hope that others in the same situation are able to get their banks sorted also =)

Now to tell the mules that they will be able to unload ^_^

Thanks again.
Moonstorm - High Counsel Corvus/Korvus

Sarking
06.06.2013 , 10:28 PM | #5802
Quote: Originally Posted by Dortan_Amethius View Post
Unless I'm some sort of exceptional case (which I might be), I would say that there are still bugs in the system besides that 12 toons bug. I'll use my own experience as an example.

I transferred 2/3 characters successfully from Dalborra to Shadowlands on the day transfers opened up to a server where I'd exceeded 12 chars. The third character, my sith warrior has been stuck 'transferring' (according to the website at least) for almost the past two days now. What's weird is his achievements and legacy unlocks carried over, but the character itself is still stuck on Dalborra and I'm able to play him as normal. The website however continues to believe that the character is in the queue to be transferred for some reason so I can't reset the transfer or try again or whatever.

Sending a ticket basically ended up with generic response from customer service explaining how the transfer process works and didn't answer my question at all so I guess I'm stuck waiting until the issue is fixed or until paid transfers open up.
I have made pretty similar experiance. My marauder is still stuck on Dalborra. Already made two ticket and got only less then helpfull Responses. I hope BW cleans up the Transfer process bevore it gets a paid Service. I can only imagine how mad People will get when they pay LOTS of CC for this and then it takes several days until the mess is cleared up.

Cheezfriend
06.06.2013 , 10:48 PM | #5803
Quote: Originally Posted by Ultramecha View Post
You got what you wanted... There aren't enough apac players so they did what needed to be done. I fail to see how they have wronged you when you demand they fix the population...
I just want to clarify a few things here. After seeing how much greener the grass is in other games, SWTOR has failed me in more ways than one. I have a complete lack of confidence in this game and I may play it very casually in the future under the F2P model but for now, I am not contributing a single cent more to this train wreck.

Now lets compare SWTOR to Rift...

Customer Service

Besides the lack of communication initially in this thread, I had an unpleasant experience with BW CS over the phone. I had to call an international number and I spoke to someone who wasn't that helpful and who's English was poor. I had problems with authenticating my account and they blamed me for it. After about 20 minutes the muppet worked out it was a restriction they put on my account. GG BW/EA!!

I called Rift CS regarding getting the security on my account changed. I called a LOCAL number from Sydney and spoke to a CS representative in Dallas. He spoke clear English and even asked me how the weather was. He was most friendly and apologised due to the inconvenience of me having to call them. I felt very satisfied by contacting them.

Server Transfers

SWTOR is implementing this very poorly!!!! I have now been on 3 SWTOR servers due to previous servers being shut down. And before all the fan boys flame me about the APAC player base, we got the players, just EA/BW failed to deliver content etc etc etc... infact this shouldn't even be discussed here... their own failings drew the players away. OH AND SERVER TRANSFERS COST YOU MONEY!!!! The current transfer system sucks

Rift allow you to transfer any of your characters once per week to any ruleset of servers and all you have to do is log into the game, click transfer, select your shard, then type "transfer" to confirm. Under their F2P model they have mentioned they still may keep this free which is great!!!

Game Engine

SWTOR is well... bad. Dont blame my PC either, it runs everything great. Loading screens are slow, world PVP just cant happen, you cant even have more than 16 players in a WZ as the engine is bad.They cant even implement speach bubbles, plus lots of other things that have been mentioned over and over in other posts.

Rift loads in minimum time, you can even multibox if you are one of those that like that kind of thing. I can run the game in Ultra mode with nil issues. PvP can have tonnes of players running around without the game dropping to <10 FPS.

Cross Server Integration

Well SWTOR sucks... no x server PVE instances or PvP warzones... see point above regarding bad game engine.

Rift is awesome, cross server war fronts, raids, dungeons, you can even visit shards etc where you have friends.

F2P Model

SWTOR is terrible. Its pay to play (enable run, actions bars etc etc) and the Cartel Market is a complete rip off.

Coming June 12 and it looks awesome!!! Pretty much everything is on offer with only a few minor restrictions but NO WHERE NEAR as restrictive as SWTOR

I could go on and on and on. I think the biggest problem with SWTOR is that Electronic Arts, the company voted the worlds worst company 2 years in a row is behind this game. EA only care about one thing and that is money. After going back to Rift recently and seeing just how awesome the game is and how generous TRION have been with RAPTR rewards and the recent announcement of their F2P model.... SWTOR is just a major turn off for me now... Im really sad that I now feel the way I do about SWTOR. This game had so much potential but it's just been ruined for me.

Anyways feel free to flame me abuse me or whatever. I wont be replying as I think I have to pay for that. My game time ends tomorrow.

Adios

<3 Chippy

PS!!! Thanks to everyone that has made this thread awesome!!! IT IS THE MOST DISCUSSED THREAD SINCE LAUNCH and will be a constant reminder of how things can go wrong and how a community can unite as one and try and take on the cash driven Electronic Arts!!! Thanks for your support!!! Haters gonna hate but to the rest of you, thanks again!

PPS i'm Chipy@seastone in rift.

Spinikar
06.06.2013 , 11:17 PM | #5804
Quote: Originally Posted by Cheezfriend View Post
I just want to clarify a few things here. After seeing how much greener the grass is in other games, SWTOR has failed me in more ways than one. I have a complete lack of confidence in this game and I may play it very casually in the future under the F2P model but for now, I am not contributing a single cent more to this train wreck.

Now lets compare SWTOR to Rift...

Customer Service

Besides the lack of communication initially in this thread, I had an unpleasant experience with BW CS over the phone. I had to call an international number and I spoke to someone who wasn't that helpful and who's English was poor. I had problems with authenticating my account and they blamed me for it. After about 20 minutes the muppet worked out it was a restriction they put on my account. GG BW/EA!!

I called Rift CS regarding getting the security on my account changed. I called a LOCAL number from Sydney and spoke to a CS representative in Dallas. He spoke clear English and even asked me how the weather was. He was most friendly and apologised due to the inconvenience of me having to call them. I felt very satisfied by contacting them.

Server Transfers

SWTOR is implementing this very poorly!!!! I have now been on 3 SWTOR servers due to previous servers being shut down. And before all the fan boys flame me about the APAC player base, we got the players, just EA/BW failed to deliver content etc etc etc... infact this shouldn't even be discussed here... their own failings drew the players away. OH AND SERVER TRANSFERS COST YOU MONEY!!!! The current transfer system sucks

Rift allow you to transfer any of your characters once per week to any ruleset of servers and all you have to do is log into the game, click transfer, select your shard, then type "transfer" to confirm. Under their F2P model they have mentioned they still may keep this free which is great!!!

Game Engine

SWTOR is well... bad. Dont blame my PC either, it runs everything great. Loading screens are slow, world PVP just cant happen, you cant even have more than 16 players in a WZ as the engine is bad.They cant even implement speach bubbles, plus lots of other things that have been mentioned over and over in other posts.

Rift loads in minimum time, you can even multibox if you are one of those that like that kind of thing. I can run the game in Ultra mode with nil issues. PvP can have tonnes of players running around without the game dropping to <10 FPS.

Cross Server Integration

Well SWTOR sucks... no x server PVE instances or PvP warzones... see point above regarding bad game engine.

Rift is awesome, cross server war fronts, raids, dungeons, you can even visit shards etc where you have friends.

F2P Model

SWTOR is terrible. Its pay to play (enable run, actions bars etc etc) and the Cartel Market is a complete rip off.

Coming June 12 and it looks awesome!!! Pretty much everything is on offer with only a few minor restrictions but NO WHERE NEAR as restrictive as SWTOR

I could go on and on and on. I think the biggest problem with SWTOR is that Electronic Arts, the company voted the worlds worst company 2 years in a row is behind this game. EA only care about one thing and that is money. After going back to Rift recently and seeing just how awesome the game is and how generous TRION have been with RAPTR rewards and the recent announcement of their F2P model.... SWTOR is just a major turn off for me now... Im really sad that I now feel the way I do about SWTOR. This game had so much potential but it's just been ruined for me.

Anyways feel free to flame me abuse me or whatever. I wont be replying as I think I have to pay for that. My game time ends tomorrow.

Adios

<3 Chippy

PS!!! Thanks to everyone that has made this thread awesome!!! IT IS THE MOST DISCUSSED THREAD SINCE LAUNCH and will be a constant reminder of how things can go wrong and how a community can unite as one and try and take on the cash driven Electronic Arts!!! Thanks for your support!!! Haters gonna hate but to the rest of you, thanks again!
Great Post once again Chippy!

Its a clear show how badly this game was designed, implemented and managed. Bioware may pull it out of the fire, anything is possible, but SWTOR is no longer up there as far as MMO's go. Its now just a little guy sitting on the side lines, fighting everyday to stay alive. I recently moved across to Planetside 2. Its a great game, still a little buggy, but hey, least they have oceanic servers :P Playing SWTOR has almost dropped my games list. Starting to consider if the subs is worth it. Rather be playing other MMO's at the moment.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

WizardsDestiny
06.06.2013 , 11:34 PM | #5805
Quote: Originally Posted by Greywatcher View Post

I do hope that others in the same situation are able to get their banks sorted also =)

Thanks again.
They did? Sounds excellent, have to log in and try!!
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

WizardsDestiny
06.06.2013 , 11:40 PM | #5806

Thanks again.
How did you get this done? Ours are still unrestored with no word from Customer Service. No word from Customer Service as of yet though. Would really appreciate some help, I'm probably being ignored after I threw my last tantrum.

Greywatcher
06.07.2013 , 12:10 AM | #5807
I had my ticket submitted since the 2nd and had updated it when my guilds were disbanded and when I found out about the FAQs change and expressed my annoyance.

Also posting on here in several threads might have helped too though I'm not too sure.

Maybe submit a thread or reply in one of the threads already started in the Customer Service forum too.

In my ticket I gave details of the characters who were the GM (we had a Rep and Imp side guild), how many tabs we had opened on each side and when I disbanded the guilds and details of the guilds on our new server (server we were on, character name of the GM)

I assume they confirm your guild on the old server has been disbanded beforehand to stop the risk of you ending up with your old guild moving over in the merge and you having access to more bank tabs.

Anyway came home from work and found the tabs had been restored =)
Hope you get yours sorted soon =)
Moonstorm - High Counsel Corvus/Korvus

OwenP
06.07.2013 , 12:12 AM | #5808
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post

I've heard legacy titles are disappearing too - is it just Living Legend, or others too?

Any other bugs people have found yet? I wanna get this all squared away before I move.
It also affects other Legacy titles, not just Living Legend. I lost my Prolific (Lvl 30) and Dedicated (lvl 20) titles but not the achievements.

I also combined 2 legacies from Master Dar'Nala and Dalborra to Harbinger with disastrous results! All the achievements which I had started but not completed that required xx/XX have all been bumped up with outrageous numbers like 6600/1000 and now they are all broken and not able to be Completed.
He's no good to me dead

WizardsDestiny
06.07.2013 , 12:19 AM | #5809
I had my ticket submitted since the 2nd and had updated it when my guilds were disbanded and when I found out about the FAQs change and expressed my annoyance.

Also posting on here in several threads might have helped too though I'm not too sure.

Maybe submit a thread or reply in one of the threads already started in the Customer Service forum too.

In my ticket I gave details of the characters who were the GM (we had a Rep and Imp side guild), how many tabs we had opened on each side and when I disbanded the guilds and details of the guilds on our new server (server we were on, character name of the GM)

I assume they confirm your guild on the old server has been disbanded beforehand to stop the risk of you ending up with your old guild moving over in the merge and you having access to more bank tabs.

Anyway came home from work and found the tabs had been restored =)
Hope you get yours sorted soon =)
Wow, hope they do the same for us, thanks for all your help!

vaxathan
06.07.2013 , 01:23 AM | #5810
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenP View Post
It also affects other Legacy titles, not just Living Legend. I lost my Prolific (Lvl 30) and Dedicated (lvl 20) titles but not the achievements.

I also combined 2 legacies from Master Dar'Nala and Dalborra to Harbinger with disastrous results! All the achievements which I had started but not completed that required xx/XX have all been bumped up with outrageous numbers like 6600/1000 and now they are all broken and not able to be Completed.
this ^^ need some info on exactly these problems
Musique - Sentinel
Technologic - Scoundrel
Aerodynamite - Guardian