Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

scullzomben
10.15.2012 , 04:32 PM | #571
Was hoping I might get to enjoy some HM FP's or even PvP this week without the extreme queue times.

PurpleCliff
10.15.2012 , 04:48 PM | #572
Maybe not endgame, but I certainly think it would help matters if SWTOR had ANY advertising or promotions going on in Australia.

Put an ad on any TV channel (maybe not SBS) and the Australian peoples will flock in.

Evgen
10.15.2012 , 05:45 PM | #573
Vote with your wallet.
Being intentionally ignored and taken for granted is not something that should ever be forgiven.
Applies to any kind of relationship
Academy Exemplar - Begeren Colony (formerly Gav Daragon)
Rhyn Lor - 50 Scoundrel Reizz - 50 Guardian (Vyn) A'sara - 50 Sorcerer
The Lor Legacy

Locknesslady
10.15.2012 , 06:55 PM | #574
I have sent a number of tickets outlining my concerns with the APAC Servers with very little response. I'm pretty much done with this game, only a few weeks left on my subscription. I don't want to reroll to another server as many of my guildies have. I want to pvp on my 50's and clearly with new people. It's disgusting there is no solution being offered or even a recent reply to this thread.

Spinikar
10.15.2012 , 08:57 PM | #575
So, we going to get an update Bioware?

Even if its just a "we are still looking into it". Would be nice to know you still care. A planned outline for the next few months would be great. An outline doesn't have to be exact, just give us a reason to stick it out a little while longer.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

wellymace
10.15.2012 , 09:35 PM | #576
No updates = Oceanic players can go to hell!!!

eventidephoenix
10.15.2012 , 09:51 PM | #577
ACtions speak louder than words...

Just a question to all the APAC: Anyone feels that they want to transfer out to the US servers instead?

Reason why I'm asking is because this recent event has shown that BW either doesn't care for the APAC servers (the more likely option), or are simply too incompetent to deal with it.

So if there's enough pressure from the ground for server transfers, we might just get it.

Just to get a feel: This ever struck anyone's mind?

Esno
10.15.2012 , 10:03 PM | #578
It has for alot of people but main thing is going from 30-40 latency back to 220-300+ latency which can be a kick in the teeth for those with less powerful computers

Also the prime time for most APAC players is usually bed time for alot of US players so its a catch 22, especially if people transfer to same type of server they are currently on.
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent

Karasuko
10.15.2012 , 10:12 PM | #579
Quote: Originally Posted by eventidephoenix View Post
ACtions speak louder than words...

Just a question to all the APAC: Anyone feels that they want to transfer out to the US servers instead?

Reason why I'm asking is because this recent event has shown that BW either doesn't care for the APAC servers (the more likely option), or are simply too incompetent to deal with it.

So if there's enough pressure from the ground for server transfers, we might just get it.

Just to get a feel: This ever struck anyone's mind?
Thought about it heaps as I have a sniper that couldn't be xferred to the APAc cluster.
Went back to play it a few weeks ago and remembered why I couldn't face the re-rolling issues. 250+ MS with spieks of upto 4-500.That and only the night owls/stoners really play at that time and I have enough issues with sober idiots as it is.

That and I lose the approx 10 milllion creds worth of legacy perks,4 toons worth of unlocks etc etc.

re-rolling/xferring to a yank server really is not an option.

eventidephoenix
10.15.2012 , 10:36 PM | #580
Quote: Originally Posted by Karasuko View Post
Thought about it heaps as I have a sniper that couldn't be xferred to the APAc cluster.
Went back to play it a few weeks ago and remembered why I couldn't face the re-rolling issues. 250+ MS with spieks of upto 4-500.That and only the night owls/stoners really play at that time and I have enough issues with sober idiots as it is.

That and I lose the approx 10 milllion creds worth of legacy perks,4 toons worth of unlocks etc etc.

re-rolling/xferring to a yank server really is not an option.
I'm hearing different stories from players in my guild. One is reporting server populations of 250+ during off peak hours (and that is more than double Dalborra's PEAK period) and ping fluctuates between 200-250 without a proxy... Of course this referring to the mega servers....

Yea as in they need to transfer literally out entire accounts over if they are going to default on the promise of keeping the APAC servers well and alive