Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
06.06.2013 , 01:06 AM | #5771
Still waiting to see if guilds transfer intact when the consolidation occurs in 59 days, as the previous consolidations have.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=647641

Transfers as far as I am aware cannot transfer guilds and where meant to allow toons to go too a server other then the destination servers ie Dalborra to Harbinger.

WizardsDestiny's Avatar


WizardsDestiny
06.06.2013 , 01:16 AM | #5772
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
Still waiting to see if guilds transfer intact when the consolidation occurs in 59 days, as the previous consolidations have.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=647641

Transfers as far as I am aware cannot transfer guilds and where meant to allow toons to go too a server other then the destination servers ie Dalborra to Harbinger.
Consolidation so far will.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed that too.
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
06.06.2013 , 01:18 AM | #5773
Hopefully they will confirm it one way or the other

WizardsDestiny's Avatar


WizardsDestiny
06.06.2013 , 01:22 AM | #5774
Quote: Originally Posted by WizardsDestiny View Post
Okay, this is the most rubbish customer service ever experienced.

Originally, support articles told us that we would have our Guild Banks restored upon transfer by Customer Service so long as it was empty and screenshots were provided. This was done, and we were ready to transfer. We came over all last night, and midway through today they change the rules; guild banks will not be able to be re-granted by customer service on arrival.

I can understand consistent rules, but when the same page stated that we COULD restore guild banks and it was said in multiple places only for them to change it AFTER transfer I'm pretty disgusted. You forced us into this, Bioware, and we've lost our guild name, people and size. And you can't even restore a couple of guild banks.

We had two million credits donated for a third vault by a faithful guild member, and now you're TERRIBLE customer service team and poor communication will result in that being enough for only a bank on the Republic and Imperial side each. Have some perspective of who you're "consolidating," those players who still (God knows why) PAY YOU for Customer Service- well, we're hardly paying for content, given that comes all through the Cartel Market nowadays- and you give us not even our banks back in exchange, making it worse by contradicting what you earlier said. As a guild, we're really unhappy. As a person, I'm really unhappy and really again disgusted by this lack of customer service.

This was pretty much the only reason we didn't bother waiting for consolidation, and you throw it away.
I apologise if the above was harsh and I know they're not completely responsible but I needed an outlet for my absolute rage at the fact as simple a thing as my guild banks after a FORCED transfer is denied of my poor guild now suffering on a new server to even survive.

The original article clearly stated that if we had screenshots of the guilds disbanding and the guild banks we would be fine, and they changed the rules after our transfer. So, Bioware; please, if possible, I urge you to reconsider.
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

vaxathan's Avatar


vaxathan
06.06.2013 , 01:27 AM | #5775
any word on legacy achievements titles not being transferred over ? and if they are going to be restored
Musique - Sentinel
Technologic - Scoundrel
Aerodynamite - Guardian

Avatarless's Avatar


Avatarless
06.06.2013 , 01:30 AM | #5776
The thing that annoys me is that I already have about 10 characters on the destination server I need to go to which means I've run out of character slots required to move my Oceanic ones and will have to delete characters or move them to a completely separate server.

Not cool.

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
06.06.2013 , 01:32 AM | #5777
Quote: Originally Posted by Avatarless View Post
The thing that annoys me is that I already have about 10 characters on the destination server I need to go to which means I've run out of character slots required to move my Oceanic ones and will have to delete characters or move them to a completely separate server.

Not cool.
You should be fine, it may end up saying 22/12 for example, just means if you delete a toon you cant create a replacement until you purchase enough unlocks to cover. (server merge in 59 days, you wont lose anything)

Greywatcher's Avatar


Greywatcher
06.06.2013 , 01:40 AM | #5778
I understand how you feel Wizard as I find myself in the same boat.

I and others asked weeks ahead to get updated information and when the Transfer FAQs still remained the June 2012 FAQs I figured nothing had changed, Guild Banks would still be reinstated etc when the Guild was disbanded on the original server and confirmation was made.

Disbanded our guilds on Dalborra last night only to receive an email this morning at 10:53am with new updated Transfer FAQs and how Customer Service will no longer reinstate Guild Bank tabs.

Shame on me me for thinking information as important as this would have been released before Transfers right.

I've sent in my ticket and voiced my concerns/disappointment/annoyance, here's hoping for a quick reply and possible solution.
Moonstorm - Knight Commander of Corvus/Korvus
Check out our recruitment thread here

WizardsDestiny's Avatar


WizardsDestiny
06.06.2013 , 01:49 AM | #5779
Quote: Originally Posted by Greywatcher View Post
I understand how you feel Wizard as I find myself in the same boat.

I and others asked weeks ahead to get updated information and when the Transfer FAQs still remained the June 2012 FAQs I figured nothing had changed, Guild Banks would still be reinstated etc when the Guild was disbanded on the original server and confirmation was made.

Disbanded our guilds on Dalborra last night only to receive an email this morning at 10:53am with new updated Transfer FAQs and how Customer Service will no longer reinstate Guild Bank tabs.

Shame on me me for thinking information as important as this would have been released before Transfers right.

I've sent in my ticket and voiced my concerns/disappointment/annoyance, here's hoping for a quick reply and possible solution.
Same as me, best of luck to you and to your guild on the new server.

"Shame on me me for thinking information as important as this would have been released before Transfers right." Haha I know; who would of though I could be so naive as to think rules would change after the transfer takes place? Guess that's this Customer Service for you.
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

Avatarless's Avatar


Avatarless
06.06.2013 , 01:50 AM | #5780
Quote: Originally Posted by OwenBrooks View Post
You should be fine, it may end up saying 22/12 for example, just means if you delete a toon you cant create a replacement until you purchase enough unlocks to cover. (server merge in 59 days, you wont lose anything)
Nope I already tried it tonight. Once max lvl was reached the characters don't transfer, they just stay on the original server.