Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

WizardsDestiny's Avatar


WizardsDestiny
06.05.2013 , 02:24 AM | #5731
Quote: Originally Posted by Sovetski View Post
So 12 hours ago I raised an issue with a locked character only to be advised it was fixed... BUT IT IS NOT. I mean does BW really care about the lack of customer service they are providing.
Haha, don't mean to be rude, but on the APAC Servers and here recently "Bioware" has become synonymous with "bad customer service."
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

Icykill_'s Avatar


Icykill_
06.05.2013 , 03:43 AM | #5732
I have 13 Character slots open <1 paid for>... BUT I can only transfer 12 of my characters... how do i get this fixed?

TwinCinema's Avatar


TwinCinema
06.05.2013 , 03:52 AM | #5733
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
I have 13 Character slots open <1 paid for>... BUT I can only transfer 12 of my characters... how do i get this fixed?
There's a lot of us who want this answered. I assume they are working on it.
Every day I'm Smugglin'.

Sovetski's Avatar


Sovetski
06.05.2013 , 04:43 AM | #5734
BW is no working on it, they dont care. They have your money and could not give a **** about what happens next. There are problems but do you think they will fix them in an efficient manor? **** no. I have characters locked and do not know what is being done about it oh hang on they could be designing the next janitor uniform for the cartel market. I was a big supporter of this move but the constant **** arounds I have been getting over the past month has soured any enjoyment I get out of this game. Warhammer online died because of the ******** customer service and lip service they provided their community. You are doing the same thing and you are heading the same way.

Raging? *********** oath... Would I type the same thing if I was calm? Yes, maybe a little more PG friendly.

Mjollnir's Avatar


Mjollnir
06.05.2013 , 04:50 AM | #5735
Quote: Originally Posted by Sovetski View Post
BW is no working on it, they dont care. They have your money and could not give a **** about what happens next. There are problems but do you think they will fix them in an efficient manor? **** no. I have characters locked and do not know what is being done about it oh hang on they could be designing the next janitor uniform for the cartel market. I was a big supporter of this move but the constant **** arounds I have been getting over the past month has soured any enjoyment I get out of this game. Warhammer online died because of the ******** customer service and lip service they provided their community. You are doing the same thing and you are heading the same way.

Raging? *********** oath... Would I type the same thing if I was calm? Yes, maybe a little more PG friendly.
And what do Warhammer Online and SWTOR have in common?

Quote: Originally Posted by TwinCinema View Post
There's a lot of us who want this answered. I assume they are working on it.
As for the "fix" from this morning, it's still not working for me either. As for working on it, they're likely all in bed, and no chance of anything being done prior to midnight AEST.

Looks as though we are the transfer guinea pigs before it is opened up to the US and EU players.

Nommaz's Avatar


Nommaz
06.05.2013 , 05:53 AM | #5736
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
I have 13 Character slots open <1 paid for>... BUT I can only transfer 12 of my characters... how do i get this fixed?

I asked this question about 6 weeks ago, it went unanswered... re what happens if you have more than 12 etc
“Don't try to run. You'll only die tired!.”

WolfbornPF's Avatar


WolfbornPF
06.05.2013 , 06:55 AM | #5737
I feel for those that had or have issues. I made sure I waited till now to transfer my characters to bergan colony and have done so with zero issues. Maybe it's fixed now..

AndasKastor's Avatar


AndasKastor
06.05.2013 , 08:00 AM | #5738
I am sure that they will work on it and get it fixed. Please remember that APAC is about 14 hours in time difference.

Unfortunately your prime time is in the middle of the night here in the US. I would assume that everyone went home for the night. Now that it is morning they will get back on the job and try to fix the problems.

I empathize with you, but I would not expect any official word for a couple of more hours.

Laris_Rai's Avatar


Laris_Rai
06.05.2013 , 08:43 AM | #5739
My single character transfer went just fine. Yay for taking things slow on new characters.
"Buy the ticket, take the ride." - Hunter S. Thompson

Pigdaddy's Avatar


Pigdaddy
06.05.2013 , 08:51 AM | #5740
Skype call BioWare US on 1855 something something something (you can find it on swtor.com) and actually talk to a CS not some psuedo-CS keyboard monkey that hangs around here.. an ACTUAL CS rep.. I did and my problem (6 toons locked with failed xfers) was fixed in 35 mins with a lovely CS lady walking me through, talking to me, explaining things etc (25 mins with her, 10 with her supervisor giving as much praise and positive feedback as i could). We both even tested the toons to make sure the xfer's worked properly.

I learnt a lesson today, for anything CS (Customer Service) related thats not a readily identifiable (as in has been fixed or openly being investigated) problem, call BW.. seriously save yourselves the god knows how long time and hassle. I'll be online now and tomorrow while some poor buggers are still trying to solve their locked toons problem.

Oh.. and in before some moron goes ZOMGTEHYELLOWZ!!!!... My toons where locked but UNRELATED TO PTS!!, I've NEVER BEEN ON PTS!.

There was 1.. 1 dev post that mentions my issue.. but only for the PTS flavoured edition, not locked cos something screwed up and we don't know what.
EVERYDAY I'M TROLOL'ING
Australian CE pre-order.. THANK YOU AMAZON!