Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

CrazyMcGee
06.04.2013 , 11:53 PM | #5721
I don't understand, can we not transfer more than 12 characters? I have purchased four extra slots and when they brought that in, they said if you purchase an additional character slot, it gives you an additional character slot ON EVERY SERVER. I'll try and find it now... Damn, can't find Eric's post, but I know it said we got extra slots across all servers!

Has anyone successfully transferred more than 12 toons?

ZarthMan
06.04.2013 , 11:56 PM | #5722
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
I don't understand, can we not transfer more than 12 characters? I have purchased four extra slots and when they brought that in, they said if you purchase an additional character slot, it gives you an additional character slot ON EVERY SERVER. I'll try and find it now... Damn, can't find Eric's post, but I know it said we got extra slots across all servers!

Has anyone successfully transferred more than 12 toons?
I am having this problem also as even with additional character slots it will only allow 12 characters on the server I am trying to consolidate my characters to.
MIDIAN
Zarth Mangore Bassive Longdrop
Artorius Mars Rohrl
Zarth (Gunslinger) Jenos Ban Tainer

CrazyMcGee
06.05.2013 , 12:04 AM | #5723
Can someone (Erik?) confirm timings for everything please?

We can transfer characters now (if we get through the bugs!) for free from APAC servers to any other server);

We have 60 days from now to transfer wherever we like, then will be auto-transferred to the equivalent West Coast server - WHAT DATE?;

From Patch 2.2 on June 11th, there will be paid character transfers as often as we like, wherever we like, forever?

I want to make sure I know I can transfer again before I move my toons. And I also want to know that the bugs are gone, so I will probably wait until Day 59 - hence a confirmed final date would be great please.

Also: from the character transfer info: "cannot transfer from a European origin server to North American destination server or vice versa." Is that for the transfers now or forever? Will we be able to do this after 2.2?

I know 2.2 isn't out yet, but this is crucial for me to know before I move from APAC to another server. Clarity on 2.2 would be awesome, please.

Alifek
06.05.2013 , 12:23 AM | #5724
I attempted to transfer my toons today all went well except, 3 transfers failed and came up as an error and ow those 3 toons are locked and unable to transfer
Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power. Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.

Suvlaco
06.05.2013 , 12:39 AM | #5725
I've managed to transfer all my characters over and so far it looks like no issues... Haven't logged on in game, but according to the website it's all a-ok.

Pigdaddy
06.05.2013 , 01:04 AM | #5726
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=647616

Sorry wanna mini-hijak cos it's just not good enough the lack of assistance/care/communication from devs (and no i'm not suprised.. just disappointed)

Link is to my thread RE failed/locked for apac transfers.. All my Dar'nala toons are locked/failed and have NEVER been on pts.

Is it asking to much for something to work properly 1st time?.. just wondering.
EVERYDAY I'M TROLOL'ING
Australian CE pre-order.. THANK YOU AMAZON! [/CENTER]

WizardsDestiny
06.05.2013 , 01:05 AM | #5727
Quote: Originally Posted by Shader View Post
One thing I want to know, and I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere...

What about Guilds?
- Do we have to remake them on Harbinger?
- Will they get transferred across?
- What about the stuff in our Guild Bank?
- If the entire guild waits for the automatic transfer will the guild be recreated for us, or should we jump now and grab our name now before some random does?
For transferring, the responses you've got are correct.

But if people read the CONSOLIDATION FAQ it says guilds will remain intact. From the sound of it, if you wait until they actually merge the two servers in one, guilds will remain as one. We hope this is the case, but some confirmation from Eric would be nice.

I also don't want to delay the transfer as there are people on Dalborra who accented our guild's name, or altered it very slightly, and for them to get the guild name and not us- the original owners of it- we would be very angry indeed. So information on CONSOLIDATION - http://www.swtor.com/support/helpcenter/6446 - as to whether the information presented is still correct, thank you Eric.
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

Ren_simp
06.05.2013 , 01:17 AM | #5728
9 toons transfered in minutes thanks
Also why wasn't this tool released months ago? I used it to transfer to the Apac servers well over a year ago and used the exact same tool to transfer back both times worked without a hitch. it makes me wonder If this was available We would of sorted out our own population issue without the months upon months of spamming this thread trying to get a reply And we probably would still have an Apac server.
Republic Diehard

ruxus
06.05.2013 , 01:21 AM | #5729
After all that time eager for transfers to happen, I'm left unorganized and undecided on which server to go to. Lol.

Sovetski
06.05.2013 , 02:13 AM | #5730
So 12 hours ago I raised an issue with a locked character only to be advised it was fixed... BUT IT IS NOT. I mean does BW really care about the lack of customer service they are providing.