Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MenollyWanderer
06.04.2013 , 08:39 PM | #5711
Quote: Originally Posted by Tronc View Post
I think what his referring to was when they merged all the US servers. If your total used character slots was greater than 12 they still allowed them to move, but didn't make them playable until you freed up room. Meaning you had 16/12. Where now it stops at 12/12.

But apparently even if your a subscriber with the additional 10 slots unlocked (12 sub + 10 Cartel.) It still won't allow you to move any more than 12.
Oh god please tell me this isn't so! I have 17 characters and am terrified I will lose them. I am a subscriber and have bought the extra slots fair and square. Please someone has to know about what happens with more then 12 characters.

Shader
06.04.2013 , 08:46 PM | #5712
One thing I want to know, and I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere...

What about Guilds?
- Do we have to remake them on Harbinger?
- Will they get transferred across?
- What about the stuff in our Guild Bank?
- If the entire guild waits for the automatic transfer will the guild be recreated for us, or should we jump now and grab our name now before some random does?
"Space reserved for witty one liner. Check back later."

Mjollnir
06.04.2013 , 08:55 PM | #5713
Quote: Originally Posted by Shader View Post
One thing I want to know, and I can't seem to find a straight answer anywhere...

What about Guilds?
- Do we have to remake them on Harbinger?
- Will they get transferred across?
- What about the stuff in our Guild Bank?
- If the entire guild waits for the automatic transfer will the guild be recreated for us, or should we jump now and grab our name now before some random does?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I know there have been quite a few questions around paid character transfers so I spent some time rounding up the answers to the more heavily asked ones and here they are! If there are any that I missed please feel free to post them in this thread and I will see what I can find out.

How much do transfers cost?
Paid character transfers cost 1800 Cartel Coins per character. The purchase must be made using Cartel Coins.

How do I transfer a character?
Once the service is live in 2.2, you will be able to go to your account page here on swtor.com and transfer from there.

What happens if there is a name collision?
If your character name is already taken by another player on your new server, you will need to rename your character. Your character will be “flagged” for a rename once you login.

Will my Legacy, Achievements, and Collections all transfer with my character?
Yes! All of your Legacy unlocks, Achievements earned, and triggered Collections will be waiting for you.

What happens if I have a Legacy on both my source and destination servers?
Whichever Legacy is of a higher level will take precedence and become your new Legacy. This has no affect on unlocks, the unlocks from both Legacies will combine. For example: You are transferring a character from the Bastion to the Harbinger. The character you are transferring from the Bastion is in a level 27 Legacy. Currently on Harbinger you have a level 13 Legacy. After the transfer you will now have a level 27 Legacy on Harbinger which combines the unlocks from both servers.

Is there a way to transfer a guild?
There is currently no method in place to transfer an entire guild at one time. Each person must transfer their characters individually and recreate their guild on the new server.

I hope that clears some things up! Let me know if there are any major questions still pending that I missed.

-eric
No guild transfers, and no compensation for buying a new guild bank and tabs.

Dacce
06.04.2013 , 09:24 PM | #5714
Quote: Originally Posted by Mjollnir View Post
No guild transfers, and no compensation for buying a new guild bank and tabs.
I am pretty sure once you get your new guild together on the destination server, you can create a ticket and CS will re-instate your guild bank tabs.

TwinCinema
06.04.2013 , 10:21 PM | #5715
Begeren Colony RP-PvE West 13 Unavailable.

I have two open slots on this server purchased using the Cartel Market in order to move my APAC character to this server. So... what gives?
Every day I'm Smugglin'.

MenollyWanderer
06.04.2013 , 10:25 PM | #5716
Quote: Originally Posted by TwinCinema View Post
Begeren Colony RP-PvE West 13 Unavailable.

I have two open slots on this server purchased using the Cartel Market in order to move my APAC character to this server. So... what gives?
How many characters are you trying to move? People who have more then 12 characters have been getting the unavailable when they went to transfer more. Seems right now all they are allowing is a total 12 on a server, whether you have bought the cartel slots or not. I have more then 12 and am still waiting for more info.

vaxathan
06.04.2013 , 10:43 PM | #5717
Transferring any character don't keep all legacy titles, you lose some this must be a bug most of them are achievement titles and the achievement is still unlocked also characters that failed during transfer are now locked on the origin server and cant be transferred to destination server
Musique - Sentinel
Technologic - Scoundrel
Aerodynamite - Guardian

TwinCinema
06.04.2013 , 10:44 PM | #5718
Only one character that I am trying to move. We purchased the slots legitimately, I don't understand why it's blocking us. Must be unintended, surely. I submitted a ticket anyway.
Every day I'm Smugglin'.

Khaosfyre
06.04.2013 , 11:42 PM | #5719
Use the workaround Gomerik suggested in the CS forum, ensure you have <12 characters in the destination server prior to transfer and it will remove the invalid status from the server.

mrpayday
06.04.2013 , 11:49 PM | #5720
That only works until you get back to 12 though, I'm trying to get at least 15 on a server.

Oh and there's some crazy things happening with achievements so if I move some now and some later it is bound to mess everything up.