Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ultramecha
06.04.2013 , 07:37 PM | #5701
Quote: Originally Posted by Tronc View Post
I think what his referring to was when they merged all the US servers. If your total used character slots was greater than 12 they still allowed them to move, but didn't make them playable until you freed up room. Meaning you had 16/12. Where now it stops at 12/12.

But apparently even if your a subscriber with the additional 10 slots unlocked (12 sub + 10 Cartel.) It still won't allow you to move any more than 12.
Perhaps its a bug. But now that you explained it, yes that would suck.

Kendojosh
06.04.2013 , 07:43 PM | #5702
Hi all,

Firstly, a big thank you to all the pioneers who are trying the transfers early and prompting the devs to fix the transfer bugs before other late adopters like myself take the plunge.

Has anyone experienced any problems with cargo transferring across? I have a lot of creds invested in GTN gear that I'm going to have to slog over with my toons and potentially disappearing items have been my main concern.

See you on the other side.

Tronc
06.04.2013 , 07:49 PM | #5703
Quote: Originally Posted by Kendojosh View Post
Hi all,

Firstly, a big thank you to all the pioneers who are trying the transfers early and prompting the devs to fix the transfer bugs before other late adopters like myself take the plunge.

Has anyone experienced any problems with cargo transferring across? I have a lot of creds invested in GTN gear that I'm going to have to slog over with my toons and potentially disappearing items have been my main concern.

See you on the other side.
As long as it's in your inventory (Bag or Cargo) it'll be fine. Just do a test one first if worried. Process was very quick.

Cootie
06.04.2013 , 07:54 PM | #5704
Quote: Originally Posted by Ultramecha View Post
How did they nickel and dime you? Makes since it would deny you if you used all slots.
They didn't for the US mergers. People could have 16/12 toons, all playable. Now they expect us to pay if we want to xfer our toons to a server where we already have 12 toons.

SonOfSega
06.04.2013 , 08:03 PM | #5705
I have a locked toon and can't transfer. I had my own crappy guild and disbanded it because u can't transfer Chtr as a guild master. Now I its locked....

Can someone please explain?

Is there something else I need to do?

Naanuk
06.04.2013 , 08:11 PM | #5706
Any official word on the character name issue once transferred?

Are any people getting a name change prompt once they log into the characters on the new server or do we have to definately go through the ingame ticket process?

KaosBlader
06.04.2013 , 08:23 PM | #5707
Name change prompt when you attempt to log in to your character.

Tronc
06.04.2013 , 08:24 PM | #5708
Quote: Originally Posted by Naanuk View Post
Any official word on the character name issue once transferred?

Are any people getting a name change prompt once they log into the characters on the new server or do we have to definately go through the ingame ticket process?
All my names were taken after transferring. So once the move is completed I am prompted IMMEDIATELY to rename my characters, from the random generated name they got after the transfer . Kind of bummed about it. But it happens when you have such an idiotic/archaic naming convention. If only they implemented gamer handles like other games. Then hopefully one day I can get my name back.

sabbey
06.04.2013 , 08:25 PM | #5709
I had to make a ticket for the two characters that didn't get the prompt, but it was only a few hours till it was fixed however.

JAMES_PRYDE
06.04.2013 , 08:37 PM | #5710
How will legacy transfer work ? As I have 22 characters, and a lvl 30 legacy ?
The Return of Darth Zash is at hand !
Be sure to check out her reincarnations! Lord Zash Necromonger Program
---To travel to Clan Jade Falcon [swtor]: Click here: ---