Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Roalmo
06.04.2013 , 01:15 PM | #5651
Quote: Originally Posted by Driveinns View Post
Ok I am having the naming problem. Two of my characters were moved only to end up with gibberish as their name. I had one transfer that is asking me to change the name. What do I do about this? I want this fixed asap, if I can?

Thanks.
If it gives you the pop-up box that asked you to enter a new name... just enter a new name, your name is taken on that server.

If you have the gibberish name and no pop-up box comes up, when you click play on that toon, the CS has been asking peeps to send an in game ticket.

Roalmo
06.04.2013 , 01:16 PM | #5652
Quote: Originally Posted by MrRuck View Post
If we wait for server consolidation do we have a chance at keeping our character names?
No better than those transferring now and maybe worse odds.

swtordrz
06.04.2013 , 01:16 PM | #5653
Am confirming that my 11 character transfers are all complete from Gav Daragon to Begeren Colony.

Wishing everyone the best of success, see you in game soon.

orpheus
06.04.2013 , 01:27 PM | #5654
well this is going well...6 toons all locked.

Happy Transfer Day everyone!

Driveinns
06.04.2013 , 01:34 PM | #5655
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
If it gives you the pop-up box that asked you to enter a new name... just enter a new name, your name is taken on that server.

If you have the gibberish name and no pop-up box comes up, when you click play on that toon, the CS has been asking peeps to send an in game ticket.
Nope, no pop up just goes into the game with that as their name. So I should make an in game ticket? Man I hope they get to them sooner then later! I hate seeing the gibberish there.

Mjollnir
06.04.2013 , 01:37 PM | #5656
Currently I have 2 characters locked and unable to transfer over. Both characters have not been transferred to the PTS previously.

I also have 2 characters that were successfully transferred, though I can not change there names from the random names OIJKBKJGLIUH or whatever the equivalent is.

All other characters were transferred successfully, and name changes possible.

frmgod
06.04.2013 , 01:38 PM | #5657
Just tried to transfer my toons over and found that after u have filled up the 12 slots any other toons transferred failed and became locked i have done at least 6 successful ones yet the others are locked out just as i have filled up all the slots if that helps
Trj - 55 Marauder - The Harbinger
Trja - 55 Operative - The Harbinger
Terj - 55 Juggernaut - The Harbinger

Tersiel
06.04.2013 , 01:39 PM | #5658
My characters all seem to have transferred ok.

Of course I lost the main character name I use on nearly every MMO I've ever played, that I HAD on west coast servers from release until I transferred to the APAC servers...

But since I'm being forced to move back and someone else has taken the name in the mean time, on all the west coast servers, I guess I just have to suck it up. That's not going to annoy me every time I go to log in at all.

Not like I've games to play that aren't annoying to log in to.

Awesome example of customer focus and community relations.

elitenz
06.04.2013 , 01:42 PM | #5659
All my 10 L55s are locked lol thanks bioware even though some were not going to be copied over just yet.

orpheus
06.04.2013 , 01:46 PM | #5660
im sure they will sort this out guys, just give them time

its like 4 or 5 hours into Day 1 of transfers lol