Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ronyrone
06.04.2013 , 12:33 PM | #5641
I have 6 toons on Dalborra locked and unable to transfer and 3 of them are my main's and most geared
Darhthellokitty Darhtjarjar Andynul Unknownsith Ellisev Britteny-spears Oppsididitagain Bugerk
Co-GM of Coruvs-Korvus (Dalborria)
EX GM of Republic Guardians (Dalborria) and The Seven (Ven Zallow)
EX Officer of Order of Chaos (Dalborria)
EX member What's Wrong With Your Face (Dalborria)

Shioji
06.04.2013 , 12:34 PM | #5642
so ive been trying to transfer for the past 2 hrs now I have no "Locked" characters so that's not my problem whats happening on my end is its "Checking" for the 30mins+ then I come back from afk and im logged out of my account page I log back in and it brings me to My SWTOR page so I go back to my account and go the character transfer and im back at square one start the xfer sit and watch CHECKING for 30mins+ then get logged out on the website....
Rambojenkins - Vanguard OG
I Put Da Team on Ma Back

holfenheim
06.04.2013 , 12:39 PM | #5643
So i was trying to transfer and i was like stuck on the Checking page. I waited and then i think it kind of timed out. It asked me to login again so i did. After login in, i got a white page with this:

{"status":true,"data":"","settings":{"ahah":nul l}}

After getting that, i tried transferring a different character and had no problems. So i guess it is only happening to 1 of my character. Please fix this

MrRuck
06.04.2013 , 12:39 PM | #5644
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you know that your free transfers are now open! In order to transfer your character, follow these steps:
  • Go to your “My Account” page by clicking on your username in the top right corner of SWTOR.com
  • On the left hand side, scroll down to Character Transfer
  • Once there, select your current APAC server and then the character you wish to transfer
  • Now select your destination server (where you want to move your character to)
  • Press the transfer button
One thing to keep in mind is that any characters which you do not transfer will be moved as a part of the APAC server consolidations as follows:
  • Dalborra -> The Harbinger
  • Master Dar’Nala -> The Bastion
  • Gav Daragon -> Bergeren Colony
Server consolidations will happen in approximately 60 days, more info to follow. Thanks!

-eric
If we wait for server consolidation do we have a chance at keeping our character names?
Odlaw
The Bastion
R.I.P. Dalborra

Shioji
06.04.2013 , 12:41 PM | #5645
Quote: Originally Posted by holfenheim View Post
So i was trying to transfer and i was like stuck on the Checking page. I waited and then i think it kind of timed out. It asked me to login again so i did. After login in, i got a white page with this:

{"status":true,"data":"","settings":{"ahah":nul l}}

After getting that, i tried transferring a different character and had no problems. So i guess it is only happening to 1 of my character. Please fix this
im getting this aswell have been trying to xfer my main toon maybe il try another
Rambojenkins - Vanguard OG
I Put Da Team on Ma Back

Roalmo
06.04.2013 , 12:44 PM | #5646
Quote: Originally Posted by ChaosSmuggler View Post
Yup. They keep their random names.
Oh, that's ugly....

Greywatcher
06.04.2013 , 12:44 PM | #5647
Quote: Originally Posted by LuukeSkywalkeer View Post
Transferred 2 characters from Gav Daragon to Harbinger, 1st character transferred perfect name not taken.
The 2nd character, wasn't so lucky, oh well, but what I'm concerned about it did not give me a option to change the name, I was given a random name like: NXIGPCGSPEJISBM
I hope it will work it self out, so I dont have to spend 1000 cartel coins to change it to a proper name again.
Me and my husband have gotten this bug as well with a couple of our characters.
Also have the issue with our main characters being locked as we copied them to the PTS ages ago.
Moonstorm - High Counsel Corvus/Korvus

uaintjak
06.04.2013 , 12:54 PM | #5648
Anyone tried to transfer a character to a server where they already have all the character slots filled up? Was curious what the result would be.

Roalmo
06.04.2013 , 01:01 PM | #5649
Quote: Originally Posted by LuukeSkywalkeer View Post
Transferred 2 characters from Gav Daragon to Harbinger, 1st character transferred perfect name not taken.
The 2nd character, wasn't so lucky, oh well, but what I'm concerned about it did not give me a option to change the name, I was given a random name like: NXIGPCGSPEJISBM
I hope it will work it self out, so I dont have to spend 1000 cartel coins to change it to a proper name again.
So far have transferred 2 toons off Dalb., 1 had the change name needed triangle and goofy name, I clicked on play and a box popped up allowing me to change the name.

Have you tried the old reboot computer/repair BS? Who knows might help.

Driveinns
06.04.2013 , 01:05 PM | #5650
Ok I am having the naming problem. Two of my characters were moved only to end up with gibberish as their name. I had one transfer that is asking me to change the name. What do I do about this? I want this fixed asap, if I can?

Thanks.