Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Rorkiy
06.04.2013 , 12:01 PM | #5631
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaosfyre View Post
Why are my characters locked???????
Have you previously copied them to PTS?
Rorkiy - Guardian; Shiroyasha - Shadow; Rorkiys - Sentinel; Rorkies - Scoundrel
The Ecihos Legacy
<The Ex-Dalborran Elitists>

Blitz-wing
06.04.2013 , 12:01 PM | #5632
Quote: Originally Posted by Khaosfyre View Post
Why are my characters locked???????
BUG: Any character copied to the PTS is locked & unable to be transfered at this time.

ETA: Unknown.
"Story is flavor. Content is substance....." - KBN '15

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...8&postcount=81

Roalmo
06.04.2013 , 12:03 PM | #5633
Minor problem, maybe:

Got a level 15 operative(my guinea pig ), started transfer from Dalb to Harb, got to second page, it said I had mail?

So logged out of that went to Dalb, she was there with no mail.. strange. Note I hadn't logged her in since the "collections" update I don't think, got a note that she got stuff put in collections.

Went back to transfer page, after quitting out of game, still says I have mail.... weird.

EDIT: Transfer completed successfully, got all my Legacy Stuff from Dalb, level/purchases/earned on Dalb on Harb now. Strange thing is I got the Harb legacy name.. but thats ok...

Blitz-wing
06.04.2013 , 12:07 PM | #5634
Game crash's when i selected The Harbinger, where i transfer 2 of my toons. The transfer history says complete on both transfers.

EDIT: Crash on selecting any NA server. Cannot get to the character selection page.
"Story is flavor. Content is substance....." - KBN '15

http://www.swtor.com/community/showp...8&postcount=81

Khaosfyre
06.04.2013 , 12:16 PM | #5635
Quote: Originally Posted by Rorkiy View Post
Have you previously copied them to PTS?
I used the PTS transfer tool in the past to test changes to classes -- but it did not copy for my mains/it was a FAIL in the history page.

Obirayy
06.04.2013 , 12:21 PM | #5636
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey Obirayy,

Although I am not discounting that this could be a problem with transfers, I want to be sure of that before I forward it on. First, remember that transfers can take up to one hour to complete and I would imagine there is quite a volume of transfers happening right now. During the transfer process you will be unable to access your characters, and they will not show up on the destination server, both are as you described. I would give it up to its hour for the transfer to go through and if you are still having this issue, please let us know.

-eric
Ok. it's been over an hour and still stuck at the same point as before. It does say transfer still in progress.

so I guess the problem I'm having is that it's stuck trying to transfer or the transfers are taking more than an hour

EDIT: I remember having this problem on the PTS but I would just keep spamming transfer until it worked but with this transfer the characters are locked after one attempt. So this could possibly be a bug from before that was never mentioned
Mum: you need to get a life.
Me: but I've already got 10!

<Two Girls One Cup>

LuukeSkywalkeer
06.04.2013 , 12:30 PM | #5637
Transferred 2 characters from Gav Daragon to Harbinger, 1st character transferred perfect name not taken.
The 2nd character, wasn't so lucky, oh well, but what I'm concerned about it did not give me a option to change the name, I was given a random name like: NXIGPCGSPEJISBM
I hope it will work it self out, so I dont have to spend 1000 cartel coins to change it to a proper name again.

Antiskeptic
06.04.2013 , 12:32 PM | #5638
Has anyone tried logging on with their random named toons?
//

xxpcwizardxx
06.04.2013 , 12:33 PM | #5639
HEY Eric Since there are errors with the transfer system Can you post when it safe to use the transfer system
Thanks
May The Force Be With You.

ChaosSmuggler
06.04.2013 , 12:33 PM | #5640
Quote: Originally Posted by Antiskeptic View Post
Has anyone tried logging on with their random named toons?
Yup. They keep their random names.
Coyote up: Adapt or die.