Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Roalmo
06.04.2013 , 08:33 AM | #5561
Quote: Originally Posted by MystbladeWA View Post
I get the feeling that this is going to be one of those moments when the poor sub lackey who was in charge of this thing wakes up in the morning with a start thinking "****! Thats what i forgot to do before i left work yesterday......"

You give them more credit than they are due.

when Musco comes back from his 2 week scheduled Holiday, he'll ask the lackey, "So how did the APAC transfers go?"

Then the lackey says: "****! Thats what i forgot to do ....."

jarshr
06.04.2013 , 08:51 AM | #5562
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
You give them more credit than they are due.

when Musco comes back from his 2 week scheduled Holiday, he'll ask the lackey, "So how did the APAC transfers go?"

Then the lackey says: "****! Thats what i forgot to do ....."
You forgot to mention his Holiday was to Australia....that'd just piss me off lol

Icebergy
06.04.2013 , 09:07 AM | #5563
Quote: Originally Posted by JebusJM View Post
So it's now June 5th and nothing has been said about transfers. I was hoping to put mine in before bed. Sigh.
It is 10am June 4th at Bioware HQ. I would expect them to start rolling things out within the next hour.
Unsubscribed due to no new Operations.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

sturgess
06.04.2013 , 09:09 AM | #5564
Quote: Originally Posted by Icebergy View Post
It is 10am June 4th at Bioware HQ. I would expect them to start rolling things out within the next hour.
I expected something by now.
Explorer: 80% | Socializer: 67% | Achiever: 40% | Killer: 13%

Icebergy
06.04.2013 , 09:11 AM | #5565
Quote: Originally Posted by sturgess View Post
I expected something by now.
They JUST got to work. Let them at least finish a cup of coffee before you start freaking out.
I am happy that there will be a renewed focus on story, I love story, its why I picked this MMO. But I picked an MMO, not an episodic single player RPG that I have to pay a subscription to receive the episodes.

Roalmo
06.04.2013 , 09:12 AM | #5566
They JUST got to work. Let them at least finish a cup of coffee before you start freaking out.
Yeh. But, remember it is jelly donut day too... so give them some more slack....

DarthBrundleFLY
06.04.2013 , 09:13 AM | #5567
At 4:55pm they will post there was an unforseen problem, they will apologise and thank us for our understanding.

sturgess
06.04.2013 , 09:18 AM | #5568
I don't know about where you work, but I'm expected to start working when I'm at work, not stuff about drinking coffee. Hell, I'm usually working on the train remotely and then dialing in when I get home if there's a push or launch going.

Icebergy
06.04.2013 , 09:40 AM | #5569
Quote: Originally Posted by sturgess View Post
I don't know about where you work, but I'm expected to start working when I'm at work, not stuff about drinking coffee. Hell, I'm usually working on the train remotely and then dialing in when I get home if there's a push or launch going.
I was not implying that they sit around drinking coffee, I was implying that it takes more than an "OK we are at the office now, push the magic button that makes everything happen".

sturgess
06.04.2013 , 09:42 AM | #5570
I was not implying that they sit around drinking coffee, I was implying that it takes more than an "OK we are at the office now, push the magic button that makes everything happen".
Given they intended to have the transfers up and running today, and yesterday was a public holiday, I'd expect them to have had the system ready to go last week, and all that was needed today was a button press.

But then perhaps the work I've done in software and launches has been rather more carefully managed.