Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Sovetski
06.04.2013 , 03:26 AM | #5541
So, I went to transfer my character knowing that 10pm east Australian Time is roughly when it should be able to happen and I got this

The character transfer service is currently unavailable.
Please check back later.
Have questions? See the Character Transfer FAQ for more details.

So I had a few questions and went to the FAQ... to my surprise it was almost 12 months out of date and there really is no other information on the SW:TOR web site. I am a calm and rational person and know that Eric will get back to me in a professional manor with lip service and buckets of ******** about how they sympathize with the APAC community and how they are working to get this sorted. Well I am not impressed with the lack of information and follow through with this.

To be honest it is poor form by a massive international company. I have now voted with my wallet and declined to pay monthly for this game... yes I will continue to play for free because I do enjoy it how ever this is until something else interests me. Thank you Eric for allowing me to spend an additional $15 a month on horrible coffee from McDonalds...

CrazyMcGee
06.04.2013 , 03:34 AM | #5542
Guys, I get everyone's frustrations and believe me I share them, but did anyone really think when they posted a date and time that they had actually thought about our time zone?

These are the people who have scheduled maintenance in our peak gaming times since the game began. And stopped even bothering to give APAC time zones when telling us maintenance times.

OF COURSE they meant US times and dates. Those that expected better need to work on their optimism, ok? The glass is not half full, the glass is American.

Kismetta
06.04.2013 , 03:44 AM | #5543
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
The glass is not half full, the glass is American.
I'm sick of being stuck with an American glass. It's long past the time when they need to get out of their little bubble and realise that they don't run the world.. just the gaming servers.

MUHADN
06.04.2013 , 03:47 AM | #5544
Quote: Originally Posted by WizardsDestiny View Post
The lack of information they've provided us with is pretty terrible. Not everyone uses the forums; and the only 'official' announcement this has had is a couple of poorly worded posts which still sound as if the person writing them is torn between two decisions. You would think that an announcement in System Alerts, the news or even on the home page alerting these players on Dalborra about what's happening. Almost as if Bioware don't want people to know about it, how strange...
At least an email from them to make it official would be appreciated... Btw I only noe abt this merger thru general chat on the fleet...=<

jarshr
06.04.2013 , 04:07 AM | #5545
OF COURSE they meant US times and dates. Those that expected better need to work on their optimism, ok? The glass is not half full, the glass is American.[/QUOTE]

best thing i ever heard lol, so true!

Aedey
06.04.2013 , 04:17 AM | #5546
Quote: Originally Posted by MUHADN View Post
At least an email from them to make it official would be appreciated... Btw I only noe abt this merger thru general chat on the fleet...=<
Dis. ^
More info is needed. APAC or NA time zones doesn't matter. We should have had emails, updates, FAQs, News Feeds for this. It's just being bunged together at the last second.
As a paying member I, for one, am pissed off by this. They screw with our servers.. & then go & forget about it.

Enough is enough!
Aedè Nebari - Consular - The Harbinger, Formerly Gav Daragon
I miss my 55ms of lag..
SWG YT-TwoFiveA - Europe - Chimaera

ImpliedCarth
06.04.2013 , 04:22 AM | #5547
Quote: Originally Posted by Aedey View Post
Dis. ^
More info is needed. APAC or NA time zones doesn't matter. We should have had emails, updates, FAQs, News Feeds for this. It's just being bunged together at the last second.
As a paying member I, for one, am pissed off by this. They screw with our servers.. & then go & forget about it.

Enough is enough!
How did they forget? you expect them to transfer your toons @ midnight lol. okay man
Carth
Bashed by Convicts

Sovetski
06.04.2013 , 04:33 AM | #5548
the anger is more about the lack of information... not the fact that the transfers have not become available yet. We were told the 4th USA time, most really don't care about that. It is the fact that there is no information outside of it happening on the 4th. FAQ's are outdated, no official statement other than that from the message monkey. Information is what people are craving.

stuffandthat
06.04.2013 , 04:36 AM | #5549
They said Tuesday the 4th. They never specified what time zone. Being APAC servers you woulf think it would be local server time.
It's a trap

Aedey
06.04.2013 , 04:56 AM | #5550
Quote: Originally Posted by ImpliedCarth View Post
How did they forget? you expect them to transfer your toons @ midnight lol. okay man
Why must everything be taken as typed. How could they actually forget.
*They wouldn't need to manually xfer. You actually think they would xfer a couple of thousand people manually. It's called an automated system, man.
& I think $15 x a good few hundred would pay for one night shift to activate a system for one night in a month. Like we're actually getting our moneys worth as it is.
You read what I say but do not understand it. There aren't many jobs in America at the moment as I understand.. their economy is quite bad. I think there would be someone somewhere qualified to stay up for one or two nights to baby sit it. Food is food.. money is money. Why does no-one understand this? We do actually pay for this game you know.
Aedè Nebari - Consular - The Harbinger, Formerly Gav Daragon
I miss my 55ms of lag..
SWG YT-TwoFiveA - Europe - Chimaera