Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

itsmymillertime
06.03.2013 , 02:47 PM | #5511
Harbinger could use some more people, help drive prices down on some items and increase the supply of some items.

MenollyWanderer
06.03.2013 , 02:59 PM | #5512
Its only harbinger if you choose it during the free transfers, whenever that is.. Otherwise you get mushed into another server of equal fullness.

Roalmo
06.03.2013 , 03:02 PM | #5513
Quote: Originally Posted by MenollyWanderer View Post
Its only harbinger if you choose it during the free transfers, whenever that is.. Otherwise you get mushed into another server of equal fullness.
Hmmm.. you seem to have missed the point. The early free transfers can go to any Euro or US server.. ANY SERVER.

After the early transfers are over, all Dalborrans will be forced to Harbinger. RPs to RP server, PVPs to PVP server.

MenollyWanderer
06.03.2013 , 03:09 PM | #5514
Didn't miss the point I just didn't know that Harbinger was one of the ones APAC was getting pushed into. I just know that many of the people of my current APAC server are going to Harbinger by choice as it is not the one Gav' Daragon is getting merged with which is Begeren.

WizardsDestiny
06.03.2013 , 03:43 PM | #5515
Quote: Originally Posted by DuckimusPrime View Post
Is there actually going to be an official announcement made about these server shutdowns?

Still run into players who have no idea this is even going on.
The lack of information they've provided us with is pretty terrible. Not everyone uses the forums; and the only 'official' announcement this has had is a couple of poorly worded posts which still sound as if the person writing them is torn between two decisions. You would think that an announcement in System Alerts, the news or even on the home page alerting these players on Dalborra about what's happening. Almost as if Bioware don't want people to know about it, how strange...
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

Ultramecha
06.03.2013 , 03:48 PM | #5516
Quote: Originally Posted by WizardsDestiny View Post
The lack of information they've provided us with is pretty terrible. Not everyone uses the forums; and the only 'official' announcement this has had is a couple of poorly worded posts which still sound as if the person writing them is torn between two decisions. You would think that an announcement in System Alerts, the news or even on the home page alerting these players on Dalborra about what's happening. Almost as if Bioware don't want people to know about it, how strange...
You are right its a conspiracy

MenollyWanderer
06.03.2013 , 03:49 PM | #5517

Exactly what I said, its like they just want it to happen and no one to notice.

Roalmo
06.03.2013 , 04:30 PM | #5518
Well, it's past closing time in Austin, guess Eric and the rest have left for happy hour at the local pub.

Wonder what tomorrow brings?

stuffandthat
06.03.2013 , 05:48 PM | #5519
Well it's Tuesday, when can I transfer, and why can't I transfer yet? Did the mean Tuesday US time?
It's a trap

Andryah
06.03.2013 , 06:02 PM | #5520
Following past method and precedent.... players will receive an email with details and instructions as the service goes live. Said email will even encourage players to act now, before they pull the plugs on the servers and force migrate the stragglers (in other words... A DEADLINE TO ACT). They will very likely post it in the forums as well, but the email route is the official route.

There is no conspiracy, and no attempt to hold back information. It's just not the kind of information you strawman to the forum ahead of an official email out to players.

Further....with headquarters in Austin Tx,USA, I would expect any timeframes given are given based on date/time in Austin.
"We don't see the world as it is. We see the world as WE are." ~Anais Nin