Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

sabbey
06.02.2013 , 09:05 PM | #5491
Number three happened during the NA merges without much one could do about it, if anything, so I am going to say it will happen again unfortunately.

WizardsDestiny
06.02.2013 , 09:50 PM | #5492
As a Guildmaster of a Guild who are against the merge, I have some concerns. Each of them has been expressed below and I would greatly appreciate an answer to at least one of them, which hasn't been remotely the case yet. Nothing has been said, on top of concerns about personal accounts.

- We have three bank vaults. Will these be retained for us, as well as their contents?

- As the Guildmaster, if I accept the merge before it becomes compulsory, what becomes of my guild?

- Our ranks are each awarded to people to ensure they're congratulated and acknowledged for any achievements they might have. What becomes of their ranks?

- We have some very old founding members and friends who've not played in over 200 days. However, they believe they'll return to the game some day and wanted to retain their place in the guild so we could always find them. For sentimental reasons we also want them there. What becomes of the old players in our guilds?

- Our Guild Members are our HIGHEST priority at all times. I don't really care about Banks or Ranks or any group achievements; I care about us being together. What happens to the members of my guild who move across at different times? Will there be a way of finding them?

- Chances are I won't be going across early to the other servers. If I am forcefully moved with my Council and other members, do we stay as a collective? Do we lose any rights by not accepting the free transfer?

I know it's useless now, but on behalf of all 746 members of both my Republic and Imperial guilds I want to say that we're pretty disappointed with this merge. We were contended with our server, and we're all going to miss those members who don't make it with us and the homeliness we've come to know. There's always going to be one person who makes it to another server we're on, and in our guild that one person always matters. To us, what we seem to hear making you happy is the size of your cheques; while you are a functioning (well...) business, we all believe that as a gaming company your first priority should be helping out the people who are loyal enough to play the game.

I'll miss Dalborra, and I hope to see as many members of the League of Shadows and The League of Light on The Harbinger, where we will be merging.
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

Takayo
06.02.2013 , 10:22 PM | #5493
There is an FAQ about transfering servers and what happens to guilds and guild vaults. I suggest you read it. It sucks but since that is the policy in place and what happened when they merged the other servers I honestly do not see it changing for us. I know in my guilds case I levelled up a character to 10 and got some guildies to make toons and created my guild on Harbinger in preperation of the move.
Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.

MenollyWanderer
06.02.2013 , 10:24 PM | #5494
Quote: Originally Posted by Takayo View Post
There is an FAQ about transfering servers and what happens to guilds and guild vaults. I suggest you read it. It sucks but since that is the policy in place and what happened when they merged the other servers I honestly do not see it changing for us. I know in my guilds case I levelled up a character to 10 and got some guildies to make toons and created my guild on Harbinger in preperation of the move.
Do you know where one would find that info? The forums are as un-user friendly as the tech support sometimes.

WizardsDestiny
06.02.2013 , 11:59 PM | #5495
We're doing the same, thanks for the advice. Which guild is yours?

One would think if they forced a merge on us they might have put the effort into creating the technology to keep guilds intact...and yet I'm not surprised in the slightest that they didn't.
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

Roalmo
06.03.2013 , 03:44 AM | #5496
The only FAQ on-line is for the 6-12-2012 Merge. The Fall 2012 merge did lots of things quite differently.

Any Guild types know if there were changes to the Guild transfers in the Fall merge?

I know names and legacies were handled quite differently.

Roalmo
06.03.2013 , 03:50 AM | #5497
Quote: Originally Posted by Turiya View Post

1) Is there any way to find out if these names are actually taken or are left over from when I originally used them on there?
2) Is there any way to check on activity of these names and if none for x amount of time, can we have those names?
3) Does Bioware have any real concern that people that have had the same character names since launch are now going to lose them entirely?
1. No.

2. No.

3. No.

Answers based on BW replies to the same complaints for the June 2012 merge and Fall 2012 merge. Though in the Fall merge some weight was given to some factors, such as toon activity/account activity/ and various other esoteric unexplained factors in allowing name retention.

CrazyMcGee
06.03.2013 , 03:50 AM | #5498
Does anyone know the official word on paid transfers, outside of this free transfer?

I am gonna need to change servers next year, so I need to know which server to go to now, depending on whether I can move later.

Roalmo
06.03.2013 , 03:53 AM | #5499
Quote: Originally Posted by MenollyWanderer View Post
Do you know where one would find that info? The forums are as un-user friendly as the tech support sometimes.
I drilled down into "My Account" to the "Transfer" button, got to page that said "not at This time" or some such, on that page was a button to go to the FAQ.

Roalmo
06.03.2013 , 03:55 AM | #5500
Quote: Originally Posted by CrazyMcGee View Post
Does anyone know the official word on paid transfers, outside of this free transfer?

I am gonna need to change servers next year, so I need to know which server to go to now, depending on whether I can move later.
On 6-11 they hope to have 2.2 up, and it is "planned" to have paid transfers then. Look in Dev posts for the info. Dates and content subject to change of course.