Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Silvers's Avatar


Silvers
06.01.2013 , 03:36 PM | #5471
Quote: Originally Posted by AtomFromLU View Post
I wanted to ask what might happen if we transfer our characters, then want them back where they came from, do we need to wait for another free transfer or has a price been decided?
-Atom
I believe free transfers are only from the APAC servers, and they're closing down, so you will not be able to transfer them back. If however you're not from the APAC servers then I think you have to pay for your transfer. Then if you want to go back you'd likely have to pay again.
The Older Gamers
TOG Website TOROZ website

Roalmo's Avatar


Roalmo
06.01.2013 , 03:56 PM | #5472
Quote: Originally Posted by Kitterikku View Post
When you say 4th June, are you talking AUS time or PDT?

It does make a rather large difference, becaose most PDT time is actually the next day for the rest of us
It will undoubtedly be PDT, and thus the 5th for most APACers. Note the 4th is Tuesday(in the US ) and the transfer code will probably be input and sent to servers during Tuesday(in the US ) maintenance.

Roalmo's Avatar


Roalmo
06.01.2013 , 04:01 PM | #5473
Quote: Originally Posted by xxpcwizardxx View Post
....

And will guild bank stay in tact as we don t want to lose anything in there?

Thanks
the last I recall, and maybe wrong on this, the guild bank had to be emptied. A request had to be made to CS for bank restoration. But that was vaguely recalled thru the mist of time.....

Seemed like the guild leader had to be the one to shut the lights of the guild out on the old server too, after kicking out ALL the deadwood, but again a hazy recall of many problems if he wasn't.

So with no updated FAQs we are left stumbling in the dark.....

Scorpiooooo's Avatar


Scorpiooooo
06.01.2013 , 07:44 PM | #5474
One of the big things I'm most concerned with is name changes.

Clearly when I transfer my characters I'm going to lose all their names, despite the fact that there are no active players using those names on Harbinger. I tried to reserve them almost six months ago and no-go.

Having to change character names isn't the end of the world, but it is a pain in the a.s.s and just another reason to be frustrated rather than elated with this game.
Quote: Originally Posted by Clarian View Post
Luke's motivation to confront Vader wasn't to get a new belt.

Banegio's Avatar


Banegio
06.01.2013 , 08:46 PM | #5475
Quote:
we are going to allow you a one-time transfer to any SWTOR server
Well it means players from MDN can transfer to Dalborra if they want too.

elitenz's Avatar


elitenz
06.01.2013 , 08:59 PM | #5476
Quote: Originally Posted by Banegio View Post
Well it means players from MDN can transfer to Dalborra if they want too.
Only US or Euro servers will be in the choice

OwenBrooks's Avatar


OwenBrooks
06.01.2013 , 09:49 PM | #5477
Just my thoughts on the Jun 4th transfers, which doesn't need to be done on Jun 4th
This is only to allow those that want to move individual toons to a different server then the intended server merge, the server merge themselves with guilds intact will occur later.

odonoghuet's Avatar


odonoghuet
06.02.2013 , 02:14 AM | #5478
Will the transfer be instantaneous or will we be submitting requests on Tuesday and then waiting in a queue for it to happen at some time up to an including on 2.2s release?

This lack of communication from a major title's community manager is jaw dropping.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

Icykill_'s Avatar


Icykill_
06.02.2013 , 08:42 AM | #5479
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey everyone,

I know you have been waiting a bit for an update and I wanted to pop in and do exactly that. Starting on Tuesday, June 4th, you will all be allowed a free one time transfer for each character you have on an APAC server. In the last update I gave I told all of you that we were expanding where your one-time transfer could go to include all NA-West servers. After seeing quite a few requests to expand it further, we are going to allow you a one-time transfer to any SWTOR server. To reiterate, starting on Tuesday, June 4th, you will be allowed a one-time transfer for each character you have on an APAC server to any other non-APAC server.

Thanks!

-eric
Hi eric,

When will Bio be making all APAC players aware of this and not just the People who check this particular forum POST
I have not seen anything "official" posted by Bio regarding this. No emails to people, no annoucement on the webpage, not even a game login message to let people know this is happening. <surely that would not take up too much time to do>
Also you need to check your FAQ section on server transfers because it is out of date. You have differrent FAQ's that contradict each other. ie the Guild transfer ones.
It should not have to be up to us as "customers" <yes some of us do subscribe>, to search through all the threads to disapher the information from fact or rumour.
Please lay out ALL the facts "officially" to the whole APAC server communities on what and how these transfers will happen.
There have been lots of requests for this in many other posts.... seeing as it is happening in 1 - 2 days... don't you think now is the time to finally do something... no point telling us about it after it has happened
The rumour mill of misinformation is already losing you players... how do you think it will be when they find out on Tuesday you are doing this and have no info or facts to give them.... there is so much conjecture and guessing, it is hard to know what the truth is as some of the guessing is probably true or close to it... while the rest is no where near the truth...

PLEASE MAKE THIS A PRIORITY ON YOUR TO-DO LIST TODAY !!!!

xxpcwizardxx's Avatar


xxpcwizardxx
06.02.2013 , 09:18 AM | #5480
Quote: Originally Posted by AtomFromLU View Post
I wanted to ask what might happen if we transfer our characters, then want them back where they came from, do we need to wait for another free transfer or has a price been decided?
-Atom
They giving u this transfer so they can get every1 off it and shut it down and remove it for good. So there be no where to go back too and if u dont choose they do a force tranfer to ur player sttyle west coast realm

So ita a 1 time thing for each apac character but paiid tranfers will soon follow i hope since they can do it
May The Force Be With You.