Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Zizzz
05.29.2013 , 03:44 AM | #5401
To Eric where is the Information about our APAC server transfers!

Dumptrux - 55 Mercenary (The Bastion)

Applicator
05.29.2013 , 05:00 AM | #5402
Quote: Originally Posted by Nommaz View Post
Have any of you "I want to transfer because the population will improve pops" actually tried it on the NA servers?
I have, regularly, and the difference between N/A servers pops and Dalborra is really non existent.

I jumped on Rift last night for something different, 11.00pm WA time and I played 10 pvp matches with a no more than 1 min wait, the only way to fix the pops is to do what WoW and Rift have and make them cross server.

Once these merges happen this queue pop people will come back with "you told us it would fix it" and we will be stuck on a server with higher latency and a far far worse community, but as they say, "you made your bed now lie in it"
I can't agree more with this, the Q pops on Dalborra are fine. 200ms ping is not preferable for minimal Q improvement.

Can't wait for the QQ when people realise that the aussie server experience is better than what we are going to get.

It's probably a cost thing which is why they are shutting it down considering everything in Australia is much more expensive than overseas.

Roalmo
05.29.2013 , 04:05 PM | #5403
Quote: Originally Posted by Zizzz View Post
To Eric where is the Information about our APAC server transfers!
The patch for tuesday was moved to thursday, expect more delay, but due to the bugs, might be understandable to shift the announcement for us to early next week.

But that sure shoots the old "different dev teams" nonsense in the head.

soneil
05.30.2013 , 12:10 PM | #5404
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
^this.

But 2.0 has seen an increase in population. I have been seeing ppl on my friends list that I have not seen for sometime. When i was on there was 100+ on the rep fleet aswell as 8 instances on Makeb, which is pretty good for Dalborra.
That was true briefly but a month later and it's dropping off again. Back to questing for hours in an evening with group finder on the whole time and maybe getting one pop in a few hours if I'm lucky. It's almost a year since US servers were merged to address population issues and we still have no idea how long it will take for us. I renewed my sub for 2 months before 2.0. When that runs out that's it. Sick of playing a sub for what's basically become a single player game for me.
Academy Exemplar - Gav Daragon
Republic 50s - Nefash, Tal-Hirron, Delin
Imperial 50s - Terrill, Rending, Vermeesa
Nefash's Pilot Training School - Space missions resource.

ImpliedCarth
05.30.2013 , 12:55 PM | #5405
bump for eric ...
Carth
Bashed by Convicts

Roalmo
05.30.2013 , 03:27 PM | #5406
Hmmm..

would have thought an announcement of delay on the transfer info would be out by now.

so, guess we'll get the transfer info tomorrow.

ChuangTzu
05.30.2013 , 04:05 PM | #5407
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
Hmmm..

would have thought an announcement of delay on the transfer info would be out by now.

so, guess we'll get the transfer info tomorrow.

Yes when he said next week, he meant just before he finishes for the week so he does not have to cop the fallout!

/lalala we are doing what they asked for lalala
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Roalmo
05.31.2013 , 07:32 AM | #5408
Well, its only 8:30am his time on friday.. so guess he's not in the office yet.

But, it is Saturday for the APAC'ers, when he probably gets around to posting anything..... sigh...

Zizzz
05.31.2013 , 08:34 AM | #5409
Today is the day come on Eric details bro details !

Dumptrux - 55 Mercenary (The Bastion)

Antiskeptic
05.31.2013 , 08:35 AM | #5410
Quote: Originally Posted by Applicator View Post
I can't agree more with this, the Q pops on Dalborra are fine. 200ms ping is not preferable for minimal Q improvement.

Can't wait for the QQ when people realise that the aussie server experience is better than what we are going to get.

It's probably a cost thing which is why they are shutting it down considering everything in Australia is much more expensive than overseas.
Lel, my game play experience will be massively improved tbh, sorry it's gonna suck for you! =D
//