Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

randalthorr
10.12.2012 , 01:34 PM | #531
Holy ****balls!!! After calling us oceanics all sorts of names and suggestions such as 'read a book', 'get a life', 'take a walk', 'have a shower', 'exercise', etc., when we complained about server downtime's during peak hours, look at this!!! Oh my, 600+ posts on a new thread, within the six hours I was in bed.
“Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt.”
-Darth Bane

Red-Zone Australia

JohraTon
10.12.2012 , 01:46 PM | #532
Quote: Originally Posted by randalthorr View Post
Holy ****balls!!! After calling us oceanics all sorts of names and suggestions such as 'read a book', 'get a life', 'take a walk', 'have a shower', 'exercise', etc., when we complained about server downtime's during peak hours, look at this!!! Oh my, 600+ posts on a new thread, within the six hours I was in bed.
Bruce is right, I kinda find it funny how the people who are demanding a days free play time seem to be the same ones who couldn't give two hoots about EU and APAC players when they lose time over daytime/prime time patches
Jedi Covenant
Rhigus - Juggernaut
<Deceptìcons>

killer_kam
10.12.2012 , 06:08 PM | #533
Quote: Originally Posted by randalthorr View Post
This is why we don't get looked at. This thread's been going on for weeks now, and we've only got what, around 550 posts here. The servers go down in US prime time and they'll get that many posts in a couple of hours.

It may seem like a big deal for us, because, you know, it IS! But for Bioware, we're just that annoying little problem over there that we should get around to looking at but it's not important enough.

I think it's time to call it a day with time game. This isn't a game for people outside of the US.

randalthorr
10.12.2012 , 06:27 PM | #534
Yeah, I simply do not care how many infractions you give me on this account. I just don't give a damn until we are given a proper response as to what the plans are for the oceanic server. If there is nothing planned just come out and say it.

I guess you'd still choose to read these threads, care enough to give us infractions but not reply to the actual topic itself. How come you guys responded to the US server downtime immediately? Why dint you simply not post anything at all and let the players hanging until the servers came back on? Oh, I know, you'd pretty much get roasted and lose more subs. How about you charge Oceanic players less than the other regions, given how you choose to treat us even though we are paying the exact same if not more [consider exchange rates] than the other regions.

Screw your partiality. Bring on the infractions.

Sad state when going on the forums and flaming is more satisfying than playing on the dead servers you provide us with.
“Equality is a chain, like obedience. Like fear or uncertainty or self doubt.”
-Darth Bane

Red-Zone Australia

Froippi
10.12.2012 , 09:28 PM | #535
they need to do something even if its we are able to transfer back to the U.S. servers which is want i agree with. Merging all 3 APAC/oceanic server would only be a temp fix

Toxicsox
10.12.2012 , 09:28 PM | #536
Merge the dam servers already please. This low population thing sucks.
Toknchik Legacy

Iceman_sith
10.12.2012 , 10:01 PM | #537
Last night when the US and EU server were down, it was refreshing just to go to the starting zones, and see soo many people around. Sadly as we know, those people we go away never to return as soon as there server is up. It just shows, how a simple thing like population changes the entire outlook of a game. I rolled an alt just to be around the activity, the zone was alive. Perhaps merging the servers so we have 200 people on the fleet will have a similar effect.

The positive effect on the game, might encourage more Australians to sub or resub. In edition, we will see a boost from the f2p, making the Australian servers an exciting place to be. I only hope for the day i need to queue to log in again.
Eviros SageStulloQuo-Jin Guardian

Setsugetsuka
10.12.2012 , 10:09 PM | #538
Personally, I feel that they should merge the three Oceanic servers into one, I'm sure plenty of people in the PvP server don't mind playing on a PvE server if it means they'll at least be playing with other people, or so I've been told. To then top this off, would be cross-server queueing, that would ultimately top this off perfectly. My opinion, only.

Stratasha
10.13.2012 , 03:15 AM | #539
I agree that merges, or at least cross-server functionality is badly needed.

I just realised that in all my time playing on Gav I have never actually gotten a group by using the Group Finder. Not being guilded as yet, it would make it so much easier to be able to participate in FPs, etc. I've got a low level alt on a better populated US east coast server (Ebon Hawk) and the Group Finder there pops very quickly (at most a 30 min wait, even playing at odd hours for most US based players).

darthnish
10.13.2012 , 05:58 AM | #540
oh hey what 3rd page? unacceptable!