Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Andryah
05.22.2013 , 10:26 PM | #5361
Quote: Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
You just don't get it do you. We don't want to move.
Then don't.
Negativity achieves nothing positive or productive. It's hostile and it reveals a persons true character. It's a useless and miserable way to spend one's time, IMO ... but some people like being miserable I guess. This is true in real life and it is true inside MMOs.

Talimar
05.22.2013 , 10:44 PM | #5362
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Then don't.
Wow... a little uninformed aren't we? They are forcing us to move.

Talimar
05.22.2013 , 10:50 PM | #5363
Bioware are heading to PAX Australia. Maybe it's time we organized a rebellion of our own?

MouldyCrow
05.22.2013 , 10:56 PM | #5364
Moved on from this game when they announced this US migration. I will definitely take any opportunity given at PAX to let them know I have no intention of spending a single cent with Bioware ever again over this.
Unsubbed! Voting against the APAC server closures - with my wallet.

Nommaz
05.22.2013 , 11:29 PM | #5365
Quote: Originally Posted by Talimar View Post
Bioware are heading to PAX Australia. Maybe it's time we organized a rebellion of our own?
So they are heading to a huge gaming conference/festival, where they can spread the game to Australians, where they can advertise for free, and yet, are still merging the servers before this, when they could wait for the population increase after it, use it as a marketing tool, seriously who makes the decisions there...

Is it me or does that not make any sense
Don't try to run. You'll only die tired!.

xxpcwizardxx
05.23.2013 , 12:42 AM | #5366
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I know we have been a bit quiet about our plans for your consolidations and although I dont have any concrete details yet today, I wanted to pass on what I know. Our current plan is that next week we will start to give you details surrounding your free transfers off of the APAC servers. Specifically, we want to try to give you an exact date of when those transfers will start. We are still working through some issues with transfers so this could still change but that is our plan as it stands right now.

To be specific as I can be without setting anything in stone, our goal is to have you folks able to start transferring before 2.2 goes live. Again I need to reiterate, this is still subject to change as we lock things down.

-eric
I am one for a APAC super server but i know thats not going to happen because reason for this merger isn't about the APAC Consolidation at all they just trying to save some cash

but Eric ty for speaking up and not leaving us in the dark even tho you can't say anything for certain

now to all you fuzz posts complaining about latency here are rating on how your experience will be depend on your latency

150-250 ms - Excellent - you won't be able to tell the difference between 200 ms and 20 ms

250-400 ms - Very Good - you may notice that some things like opening window i.e mail message takes 1-2 secs longer to appear or when two players go for item one will be a sec faster than the other but still good quality

under 500ms - Good - you find high populated areas like the fleet to be laggy but plants,fp,ops to be good game experience

over 500 ms - Ok - be similar to under 500 ms but more laggy with less ppl in one spot

1000 ms - you may need to use latency reducing software to get to ok/good quality

another type of lag that is in this game is graphical lag which can be reduce to none with the right profile for the game and your graphic card which i use and it has made world of difference even on the apac server, the conversation load instantly. i can post a guide on what i ve learned with custom profile settings for this game

Quote: Originally Posted by Spinikar View Post
Thanks Eric!

Now would also be a great time to layout whats going to happen with things like Guild Banks and even guilds themselves during transfers?

And I know the community has a ton of other questions.
this has already been answered b4, the guild information and bank will stay intact so your guild won't be affected by the transfer as long as you all choose the same server of course
May The Force Be With You.

Talimar
05.23.2013 , 01:18 AM | #5367
Quote: Originally Posted by xxpcwizardxx View Post

150-250 ms - Excellent - you won't be able to tell the difference between 200 ms and 20 ms
It's quite clear you have no clue what you're talking about.

Ultramecha
05.23.2013 , 01:46 AM | #5368
Quote: Originally Posted by Dredead View Post
>Log on to The Bastion

>See this

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b..._10_224418.jpg

You're letting your NA players know about the change but I'm still explaining to people I meet EVERY DAY about the server transfer who had absolutely no idea about it.

Also you still do not get it. This will NOT be the best user experience, you know as well as I do that this is about saving a penny and will not provide us with a user experience as optimal as an APAC super server

This is completely untrue, if they merged the servers and gave an optional free transfer, do you truly believe you would have heard a single word not including the positive ones?
They said there isn't enough people to make a super server. So people would start complaing again about lack of population. They are just skipping the step of merging apac because they know what will happen. Yeah, I wish they could bring more players in with advertising so you all could keep your server.

Ultramecha
05.23.2013 , 01:48 AM | #5369
Im curious if they brought chinese players in if that would save apac servers...

Rantank
05.23.2013 , 02:30 AM | #5370
Quote: Originally Posted by Ultramecha View Post
Im curious if they brought chinese players in if that would save apac servers...
No. Chinese get a noticeably lower ping from West Coast USA than from Australia. It's painful to play on APAC from Asia except for a few South East Asian countries.
War is when your government tells you who the enemy is. Revolution is when the people finally realize who the real enemy is. ― Anonymous