Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Ultramecha's Avatar


Ultramecha
05.22.2013 , 07:42 PM | #5351
People are going to complain no matter what bioware does, end of story

Andryah's Avatar


Andryah
05.22.2013 , 08:12 PM | #5352
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post


Most of my guild do read the forums but just because ppl don't read the forum does not mean they don't care. And BW has the responsibility to let its customers know of a big changes like this.
The way this sort of thing works is they put together an email communications and transmit it to all relevant account holders.

Guess what though... until they have everything nailed down and accurate.. that email is not going out. You should know this by now.

Even when they have everything nailed down and fixed... they still make mistakes in their emails... because those emails are penned by human beings. So with this crowd... my guess is they will redundantly check and review the email six ways to the moon before they punch the send button.
SWTOR... the MMO some people LOVE to HATE, others HATE to LOVE, and others simply embrace it and play it for what it is.

Dacce's Avatar


Dacce
05.22.2013 , 08:15 PM | #5353
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post


Most of my guild do read the forums but just because ppl don't read the forum does not mean they don't care. And BW has the responsibility to let its customers know of a big changes like this.
yeah that is true, but you can't expect them to release something that everyone will see until they are 100% sure its going ahead as expected.

So I get your point, but at the end of the day, something that affects so many, needs to be done the right way.

MouldyCrow's Avatar


MouldyCrow
05.22.2013 , 08:25 PM | #5354
Just read on Facebook that Bioware are going to be at PAX Australia. Looking forward to letting them know how I feel in person!
Unsubbed! Voting against the APAC server closures - with my wallet.

ChuangTzu's Avatar


ChuangTzu
05.22.2013 , 08:25 PM | #5355
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacce View Post
yeah that is true, but you can't expect them to release something that everyone will see until they are 100% sure its going ahead as expected.

So I get your point, but at the end of the day, something that affects so many, needs to be done the right way.
That is why I asked 'when' are they doing it because 2.2 is only about 3 weeks away, they don't have a lot of time left. I guess the answer is 'soon'.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Spinikar's Avatar


Spinikar
05.22.2013 , 09:07 PM | #5356
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I know we have been a bit quiet about our plans for your consolidations and although I donít have any concrete details yet today, I wanted to pass on what I know. Our current plan is that next week we will start to give you details surrounding your free transfers off of the APAC servers. Specifically, we want to try to give you an exact date of when those transfers will start. We are still working through some issues with transfers so this could still change but that is our plan as it stands right now.

To be specific as I can be without setting anything in stone, our goal is to have you folks able to start transferring before 2.2 goes live. Again I need to reiterate, this is still subject to change as we lock things down.

-eric
Thanks Eric!

Now would also be a great time to layout whats going to happen with things like Guild Banks and even guilds themselves during transfers?

And I know the community has a ton of other questions.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

Talimar's Avatar


Talimar
05.22.2013 , 09:35 PM | #5357
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I know we have been a bit quiet about our plans for your consolidations and although I donít have any concrete details yet today, I wanted to pass on what I know. Our current plan is that next week we will start to give you details surrounding your free transfers off of the APAC servers. Specifically, we want to try to give you an exact date of when those transfers will start. We are still working through some issues with transfers so this could still change but that is our plan as it stands right now.

To be specific as I can be without setting anything in stone, our goal is to have you folks able to start transferring before 2.2 goes live. Again I need to reiterate, this is still subject to change as we lock things down.

-eric
You just don't get it do you. We don't want to move.

Cheezfriend's Avatar


Cheezfriend
05.22.2013 , 09:35 PM | #5358
this issue is beyond a joke. Its the main reason why I stopped playing the game. Absolutely terrible.

mrpayday's Avatar


mrpayday
05.22.2013 , 09:51 PM | #5359
I'd say the reason it's taking so long is someone might get some free cartel coins with achievements.

I'm sure we'll get some excuses when we aren't transfered in three weeks.

Dredead's Avatar


Dredead
05.22.2013 , 09:55 PM | #5360
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I know we have been a bit quiet about our plans for your consolidations and although I donít have any concrete details yet today, I wanted to pass on what I know. Our current plan is that next week we will start to give you details surrounding your free transfers off of the APAC servers. Specifically, we want to try to give you an exact date of when those transfers will start. We are still working through some issues with transfers so this could still change but that is our plan as it stands right now.

To be specific as I can be without setting anything in stone, our goal is to have you folks able to start transferring before 2.2 goes live. Again I need to reiterate, this is still subject to change as we lock things down.

-eric
>Log on to The Bastion

>See this

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/b..._10_224418.jpg

You're letting your NA players know about the change but I'm still explaining to people I meet EVERY DAY about the server transfer who had absolutely no idea about it.

Also you still do not get it. This will NOT be the best user experience, you know as well as I do that this is about saving a penny and will not provide us with a user experience as optimal as an APAC super server


Quote: Originally Posted by Ultramecha View Post
People are going to complain no matter what bioware does, end of story
This is completely untrue, if they merged the servers and gave an optional free transfer, do you truly believe you would have heard a single word not including the positive ones?
Star Sider(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓⊏]▉‾ị‾‾ịị‾◉ịị‾▉║Ξ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)