Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

lorelthesecond
05.22.2013 , 08:48 AM | #5341
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
Hey folks,

I know we have been a bit quiet about our plans for your consolidations and although I donít have any concrete details yet today, I wanted to pass on what I know. Our current plan is that next week we will start to give you details surrounding your free transfers off of the APAC servers. Specifically, we want to try to give you an exact date of when those transfers will start. We are still working through some issues with transfers so this could still change but that is our plan as it stands right now.

To be specific as I can be without setting anything in stone, our goal is to have you folks able to start transferring before 2.2 goes live. Again I need to reiterate, this is still subject to change as we lock things down.

-eric
Great so your just going to ignore all of us that wanted you to merge all the APAC servers into one as the ping is to high for us to play on the USA servers.

Thanks for nothing.

jarshr
05.22.2013 , 09:26 AM | #5342
I'm keen for the merge....But I have spent the last month wondering if I wasted my time playing on US servers.....nope...my APAC characters are still MIA, and more than likely staying that way for a bit.....apart from the colossal gaps in communication, I really no longer give any crap, I now have a better legacy and characters I love on Harbinger, and finally getting to play with my ppl again will be nice....but yer all I can say about this whole ordeal is omg.....terrible.....so..soo....sooo......amazingl y....terrible.

great game, staff try their best I will pay them that, won't hold a grudge....upset its taken so longggg, will miss the Master Dar'nala community, the whole 40 of us lol.

anyway, on to new days ect, lets hope this time round things will go well for us

BTW......if u can choose....pick HARBINGER.... played around on my old swiftsure toons ( currently Bastion)....its not dead, but harbinger has about 3x the pop.....if u want a large population, pick there!

ChuangTzu
05.22.2013 , 02:02 PM | #5343
Hey folks,

I know we have been a bit quiet about our plans for your consolidations and although I donít have any concrete details yet today, I wanted to pass on what I know. Our current plan is that next week we will start to give you details surrounding your free transfers off of the APAC servers. Specifically, we want to try to give you an exact date of when those transfers will start. We are still working through some issues with transfers so this could still change but that is our plan as it stands right now.

To be specific as I can be without setting anything in stone, our goal is to have you folks able to start transferring before 2.2 goes live. Again I need to reiterate, this is still subject to change as we lock things down.

-eric
So no chance your going to change ur minds and let us have our Super Server?

I am still very upset about ur total disregard for what players wanted! But I guess the old saying goes 'be careful what you wish for!'.

Luckily for you I still really enjoy this game so I will have to accept 'your solution', I just hope this does not ruin my playing experience.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

ChuangTzu
05.22.2013 , 03:26 PM | #5344
Also, when are you going to 'officially' announce this to everyone on APAC servers because not everyone reads these forums.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

fleshtaker
05.22.2013 , 05:08 PM | #5345
Hey folks,

-eric
Eric most of us have been very patient in waiting for a final answer as to when this will happen.
Myself certainly have been very patient but now its time to act we have had our hearts broken when u said were closing down the servers but as tough apac people are we said o well look at the long term benefits now we have been waiting far too long our pops are so slow that when we do get to the US servers our gear is going to be so far behind other player we will spend then next 2 months trying to catch up so get it working get the xfers implemented and stop punishing us on low pop hardly any wz/pve pop out of prime time servers and let us enjoy the game again

Dacce
05.22.2013 , 05:09 PM | #5346
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
Also, when are you going to 'officially' announce this to everyone on APAC servers because not everyone reads these forums.
If people aren't reading these forums then they obviously don't care about the state of the game they are playing. Announcing it here should get it out to the greater community. My whole guild knows because on of my guildies put it on our guild website, and it will probably be our talking point during our raid tonight. Maybe you should tell your guildies instead of asking bioware to create a launcher post about it or something unrealistic. They will probably do the launcher post when they have solid dates and everything is set in stone, but not before.
Visage - Dace - Fat'Clam - Fistula - Shimini - Malikada

AndbeKeper
05.22.2013 , 06:32 PM | #5347
Hey folks,

-eric
Hello Eric.

Just a few questions:
1) When are you actually going to inform your customers about this change? You haven't put up any information anywhere but this thread - you have relied on little more than word-of-mouth to let customers know. If today a new customer was to sign up for a 6 month subscription, would you inform them about the imminent degradation in service and give them the opportunity to reconsider their purchase? What is going to be you policy regarding refunds for customers who feel that the game is now unplayable?

2) Back prior to the APAC release, we were told that the SW:TOR was not going to be released in our region because Bioware felt that we wouldn't have an acceptable play-experience without local servers. You are now telling us that the best possible play-experience is to move us to NA servers. Have Bioware actually changed anything of a technical nature to improve our experience, or have you just dropped your standards?

3) Back when you made your announcement I queried what criteria you were using to assess the impact of the increased latency. I expressed my concerns that, with the increase in latency it won't just be my game-experience will be degraded, but it may be detrimental to anyone I was grouped with as well. For example, if I was healing Hardmode Lost Island or Directive 7, where frequent movements are required to react to semi-random events, I could have the feeling that the extra 300ms latency that I will experience will result in reducing my ability to heal the group be diminished. This will affect everyone in the group. At what latency does Bioware think that an average SW:TOR player should just give up trying to run each level of difficulty, because they will just be penalising everyone in the group?

Andryah
05.22.2013 , 06:32 PM | #5348
Quote: Originally Posted by fleshtaker View Post
Eric most of us have been very patient in waiting for a final answer as to when this will happen.
Myself certainly have been very patient but now its time to act we have had our hearts broken when u said were closing down the servers but as tough apac people are we said o well look at the long term benefits now we have been waiting far too long our pops are so slow that when we do get to the US servers our gear is going to be so far behind other player we will spend then next 2 months trying to catch up so get it working get the xfers implemented and stop punishing us on low pop hardly any wz/pve pop out of prime time servers and let us enjoy the game again
Eric has said 2.2 is planned for mid June... and he just said you guys will start transfers before 2.2.
Forum disputatio ------> est completum ineptias.

Jonoku
05.22.2013 , 06:37 PM | #5349
Quote: Originally Posted by Andryah View Post
Eric has said 2.2 is planned for mid June... and he just said you guys will start transfers before 2.2.
at least possibly

ChuangTzu
05.22.2013 , 07:11 PM | #5350
Quote: Originally Posted by Dacce View Post
If people aren't reading these forums then they obviously don't care about the state of the game they are playing. Announcing it here should get it out to the greater community. My whole guild knows because on of my guildies put it on our guild website, and it will probably be our talking point during our raid tonight. Maybe you should tell your guildies instead of asking bioware to create a launcher post about it or something unrealistic. They will probably do the launcher post when they have solid dates and everything is set in stone, but not before.

Most of my guild do read the forums but just because ppl don't read the forum does not mean they don't care. And BW has the responsibility to let its customers know of a big changes like this.