Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Spinikar
05.20.2013 , 09:55 PM | #5331
Quote: Originally Posted by Shioji View Post
did you forgot the part where they have already done this sort of thing before aka moved aussies for free to the new APAC servers why do they need to get organized if they've done it already successfully?
No but that is now a year ago. We have had so many updates and changes since the and any one of them could cause thier origional transfer system to not work. Im not trying to defend BW. Thier treatment of the APAC has been appalling. Just suggesting we show a little more patience.
"Revan was power. It was like staring into the heart of the Force. Even then, you could see the Jedi he would slay etched on his soul."
419 Empire Guild Leader
spinikar@419guild.com

DarthBrundleFLY
05.20.2013 , 10:57 PM | #5332
Quote: Originally Posted by Spinikar View Post
No but that is now a year ago. We have had so many updates and changes since the and any one of them could cause thier origional transfer system to not work. Im not trying to defend BW. Thier treatment of the APAC has been appalling. Just suggesting we show a little more patience.
How much more patience do we have to show...how long till enough is enough? I am not even talking about the transfers or whatever being done here being put into action I am saying communication would go along way to garner at least some trust/respect for their community.

They say they are damned if they do post and damned if they don't, yet I feel if they at least came into the thread and regularly acknowledged their players during this process it would go along way in at least making us feel like we are valuable subscribers instead of the red headed stepchildren we seem to be.

I don't see how being ignored by the devs fosters any respect on either side of this issue.

ImpliedCarth
05.21.2013 , 12:30 PM | #5333
Bump for Hyle
Carth
Bashed by Convicts

Roalmo
05.21.2013 , 04:38 PM | #5334
So when do we get transferred en mass to the french servers?

And will it really cost us 2xs as much for an additional transfer?(in Euros, paid in cash at their offices in Texas(bring a picture ID issued by the Polish government)?)

cuttothechase
05.21.2013 , 05:17 PM | #5335
Quote: Originally Posted by spinikar View Post
as a long term advocate of this thread, i must say, settle down guys. Eric has stated that apac is moving to the us west coast server. This means, we are moving to the us west coast servers. Screaming, yelling, big letters are not going to change this fact. This move is also a large endeavor for bioware to undertake, which means, they need time to sort everything out. This may be a few weeks more, maybe a few months. Either way, it'll be done when its done. Granted, their silence on the matter is annoying, and an update would be nice. I would rather bioware take a few months now to get organize and make sure transfers are smooth and efficient, not rushed. I would rather all my characters show up, with their hard earned gear, and not get lost in the cyber space. In the meantime, calm down. Eric isn't going to reply to this thread while the responses to it are childish at best. You say you don't get pm's back from the community? I have, but they were well constructed, thoughtful questions in regards to the server migration. They will post when server migrations are planned.

Patience.
i like big letters

mrpayday
05.22.2013 , 04:14 AM | #5336
It's good to see they are preparing us for US servers by making APAC server run like complete garbage.

Hurry up and merge the servers before SSSP comes out.

Applicator
05.22.2013 , 06:23 AM | #5337
Quote: Originally Posted by Spinikar View Post
I'm on Dalborra and I really enjoy the low ping and the queues aren't bad at all. Maybe you're on the lower pop servers, but don't lump us all in together when I've been very happy with the service I've received.

Applicator
05.22.2013 , 06:26 AM | #5338
Quote: Originally Posted by ImpliedCarth View Post
If they did we would be chilling on NA servers with 500 pop on fleet atm
500 on fleet with 150ms ping, I prefer 11ms and 100 on fleet.

DuckimusPrime
05.22.2013 , 08:03 AM | #5339
Quote: Originally Posted by ImpliedCarth View Post
If they did we would be chilling on NA servers with 500 pop on fleet atm
Wow thats so useful when the instances on Fleet are limited to quite a bit less than 500, and you can't communicate across instances on Fleet. Most of those people might as well not be there.

EricMusco
05.22.2013 , 08:22 AM | #5340 Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread. Next  
Hey folks,

I know we have been a bit quiet about our plans for your consolidations and although I donít have any concrete details yet today, I wanted to pass on what I know. Our current plan is that next week we will start to give you details surrounding your free transfers off of the APAC servers. Specifically, we want to try to give you an exact date of when those transfers will start. We are still working through some issues with transfers so this could still change but that is our plan as it stands right now.

To be specific as I can be without setting anything in stone, our goal is to have you folks able to start transferring before 2.2 goes live. Again I need to reiterate, this is still subject to change as we lock things down.

-eric
Eric Musco | Community Manager
Follow us on Twitter @SWTOR | Like us on Facebook
[Contact Us] [Rules of Conduct] [F.A.Q.]