Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nommaz
04.23.2013 , 10:33 PM | #5191
Some thing I have asked already week's ago still not answered:
What happens if we have more characters then slots after the merge?

New questions: (asked by others as well)
What happens to our legacy levels
What happens if we already have a legacy on merge server but want to keep one from current server.
How will forced name change be sorted to be fair, ie F2p people or those that are no longer active, but may have had theirs first.
What happens to guild names as above.
“Don't try to run. You'll only die tired!.”

odonoghuet
04.24.2013 , 12:36 AM | #5192
Quote: Originally Posted by Nommaz View Post
New questions.
You forgot:

If we get a free transfer before the closure mergers, will these be direct to West coast servers or just between APAC servers.

If the former (APAC to West coast), do all characters go to one place or can I make new toons now to 'seed' my legacy level over multiple servers, and is there an order in which we transfer which could influence who gets name rights on the destination server.

If the latter (APAC to APAC to West Coast) are we getting two times name screwed by taking advantage of this offer?
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

Izabo
04.24.2013 , 02:23 AM | #5193
Still being ignored I see, all the valid questions through many pages and nothing...
They've given us all the information that they have decided to. When the time comes, they will tell us what we need to know. Last time servers merged, it went pretty smoothly and entire guilds were moved. I don't like this, but it is what it is. They have decided. It appears that they are not in any hurry. I, for one, am in no hurry to change servers either, so how things are suits me just fine. Getting excited over it changes nothing, so I choose not to. I gave them my opinion. I'm sure it matters not, in the grand scheme of things. I'm just resolved to wait and see, since I have no alternative.
Unto death I send you, without honor.

Thepainfairy
04.24.2013 , 02:39 PM | #5194
Have they actually confirmed they will 100% be doing server merg? I see all kinds of people presuming this is going to happen. Sure I think its the best option cause things are rather slow in game for us alot of the time, however unless I am missing a yellow post, I believe there have only been two primary posts from -eric? from what I'm reading I don't think they have said 100% this merg is happening?

The reason why I say this is based on what I am reading from yellow posts from -eric .

Part of first yellow post from -eric:

"With this in mind, we have evaluated all of the options and determined that the best solution, that will offer the best long term play experience, is to merge the APAC servers with higher populated North American servers."

And again in the next yellow post -eric acknowledges merging is the best option:

"It was because of this that we decided that moving APAC into the NA servers was the best option."

However, in this same yellow post note -eric also states:

"If we move APAC to NA some folks will see increased latency"

So in summary my interpretation is: "Yes we think merging the APAC servers with the US in our mind is the best thing to do, however we are not quite 100% sure yet if this will be happening." Agree?

The thing that concerns me the most about this is by not giving a 100% indication that this could draw this process out even longer.

ChuangTzu
04.24.2013 , 02:43 PM | #5195
Still being ignored I see, all the valid questions through many pages and nothing...
Did you expect anything else? What I want them to address, is why they can't open transfers to Dalborra first as a trial of a Superserver. Then make a decision on whether to keep it or not.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Nommaz
04.24.2013 , 07:02 PM | #5196
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
Did you expect anything else? What I want them to address, is why they can't open transfers to Dalborra first as a trial of a Superserver. Then make a decision on whether to keep it or not.
yes I asked that myself
“Don't try to run. You'll only die tired!.”

ScruffyWhite
04.25.2013 , 02:00 AM | #5197
Unsubbed. Will play till my 20 days of sub left finishes then uninstall. Pretty pissed off about a lot of things in this game tbh.

lebump
Bopitty

Nestris
04.25.2013 , 03:46 AM | #5198
How are you going to address the lag issue that many APAC players experience on the U.S. servers?

ChuangTzu
04.25.2013 , 04:28 AM | #5199
Quote: Originally Posted by Nestris View Post
How are you going to address the lag issue that many APAC players experience on the U.S. servers?
Lol, you really expect them to do anything beyond the bare minimum of dumping us back on the US servers?
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

BJWyler
04.25.2013 , 05:57 AM | #5200
Some thing I have asked already week's ago still not answered:
What happens if we have more characters then slots after the merge?

New questions: (asked by others as well)
What happens to our legacy levels
What happens if we already have a legacy on merge server but want to keep one from current server.
How will forced name change be sorted to be fair, ie F2p people or those that are no longer active, but may have had theirs first.
What happens to guild names as above.
These were all asked and answered during the two rounds of server mergers. I believe the FAQ for such is still on the site (or searchable in the forums). I would imagine the answers to be the same as there would be nothing that would change them.
Primus and Alpha on the PTS/Swords of the Republic on The Shadowlands
Check out our own Character Page which includes music and Quest Lists

and our YouTube Channel for Gameplay footage and more