Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

XXFEZXX
04.21.2013 , 04:05 PM | #5171
Last night got a heavy status on the APAC RP Server

Was wondering if it would be a good idea to transfer all the server types to the RP server and see how things turn.....

I know i would transfer if given the choice....
GAZI
CPU: I7 3770 CORE @ 3.9MHz (CONSTANT)
CPU COOLER: THERMALTAKE 3.0 WATER COOLER
GPU: GTX TITAN CORE @ 1098MHz

Dacce
04.21.2013 , 05:38 PM | #5172
Quote: Originally Posted by XXFEZXX View Post
Last night got a heavy status on the APAC RP Server

Was wondering if it would be a good idea to transfer all the server types to the RP server and see how things turn.....

I know i would transfer if given the choice....
It's not really a heavy pop though.

If you have 400 subs/ftp players that have characters on the server - then that is your limit*

if 201 people are online across all those planets, the server will list as Heavy*

where as you have 200+ people sitting in fleet on NA servers....

*estimates only not precise figures.

ChuangTzu
04.21.2013 , 05:40 PM | #5173
Lol, heavy on that server is about 30 ppl on the fleet! Those indicators are based on the total population of that server not the total numbers. So even when it says heavy, there are still more ppl on Dalborra when it is standard.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

XXFEZXX
04.21.2013 , 10:05 PM | #5174
Then why Display it as heavy

I think Healthy would be the right term
GAZI
CPU: I7 3770 CORE @ 3.9MHz (CONSTANT)
CPU COOLER: THERMALTAKE 3.0 WATER COOLER
GPU: GTX TITAN CORE @ 1098MHz

Master_Reuben
04.21.2013 , 10:57 PM | #5175
It's a pretty stupid way of labelling them but anyway, it just goes to show that on that server there is a relatively high ratio of active players to players who rolled on that server then. And there's definitely more than 200 people across all the planets when it's listed as Heavy. Dunno where whoever said that got that figure from. Even so, mildly better pop while retaining our low latency (+community) is still the best solution in my and the majority of everyone else's opinions. Fact is there are plenty of people who would gladly sacrifice the greater population of an NA server just to stay on the servers even as they are now... So the whole "all 3 servers merged still has lower population than an NA server" is kinda moot.
⋐▌╬╬ịịị╬▐⋞(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

Aebrynis
04.22.2013 , 01:50 AM | #5176
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
BW see it as how much money they can save. Hmm, close 2 servers or for the same amount of work close 3? Derp
The end-all behind the decision (I believe) is nothing more than not having to maintain a server in Sydney, and give their execs a May Day bonus (or whatever) with the resultant savings. End of story.

While I signed the petition, I know it's not going to do any good. I'm prepared for (and resigned to) the move to NA - I think that at this juncture, it's the only logical course of action left.

Roalmo
04.22.2013 , 11:16 AM | #5177
Quote: Originally Posted by Aebrynis View Post
The end-all behind the decision (I believe) is nothing more than not having to maintain a server in Sydney, and give their execs a May Day bonus (or whatever) with the resultant savings. End of story.

While I signed the petition, I know it's not going to do any good. I'm prepared for (and resigned to) the move to NA - I think that at this juncture, it's the only logical course of action left.
Yes, this.

But a tentative target date for transfers would be appreciated at this point. Been awhile since the last yellow post.

ChuangTzu
04.22.2013 , 03:16 PM | #5178
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
Yes, this.

But a tentative target date for transfers would be appreciated at this point. Been awhile since the last yellow post.
Lol, they have given us THEIR solution, now they can ignore us for another 3 months.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Jonnara
04.22.2013 , 07:42 PM | #5179
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
Lol, they have given us THEIR solution, now they can ignore us for another 3 months.
The transfers will happen soon by Bioware standards.
Proud Member of the Master Dead'Nada Server

ChuangTzu
04.22.2013 , 07:48 PM | #5180
Quote: Originally Posted by Jonnara View Post
The transfers will happen soon by Bioware standards.
Ah, so next year then!