Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wairuakaha
04.15.2013 , 12:26 AM | #5111
okay ... so the expansion has been rolled out and folks are busy chewing thru 5 new levels, a new planet and new side quests ... an E.T.A on the transfer from the Oceanic to the N.A. servers for those of us having to deal with low pop. issues on a daily basis right about now will be just swell and well

XXFEZXX
04.15.2013 , 01:52 AM | #5112
I play on the least populated server in the game and I along with plenty of others feel it's more playable than a US server.

The thing is we 've been playing even thoe the population was so low..... it goes to show how much we actually enjoy this game. A merger of one APAC server is ideal in my opinion.
GAZI
CPU: I7 3770 CORE @ 3.9MHz (CONSTANT)
CPU COOLER: THERMALTAKE 3.0 WATER COOLER
GPU: GTX TITAN CORE @ 1098MHz

XXFEZXX
04.15.2013 , 01:56 AM | #5113
Merge to one server and see how the server can be improved from community feed back.
GAZI
CPU: I7 3770 CORE @ 3.9MHz (CONSTANT)
CPU COOLER: THERMALTAKE 3.0 WATER COOLER
GPU: GTX TITAN CORE @ 1098MHz

odonoghuet
04.15.2013 , 02:52 AM | #5114
Quote: Originally Posted by ruxus View Post
The server merges need to happen ASAP. I'm not sure people notice, but the APAC servers are just awful and impossible to transfer into a mega server let alone carry a full load in it's current state, so in comparison to the US mega servers and even with the latency in mind, the US mega servers are better for all oceanic players.
Actually Harbinger is regularly showing full and crashing because it has the highest load and they want most of us dumped on it. Ping aside, for PVE, the West coast mega server is not even better than ours for West coast US players.
Laugh and the universe laughs with you, cry and you're on the path to the dark side.

MitchPB
04.15.2013 , 04:53 AM | #5115
Quote: Originally Posted by odonoghuet View Post
Actually Harbinger is regularly showing full and crashing because it has the highest load and they want most of us dumped on it. Ping aside, for PVE, the West coast mega server is not even better than ours for West coast US players.
I do hope BW has the common sense to upgrade the server capacity before the merger, the last week alone has been pretty crapy with all the peeps coming back for 2.0

JackPipsam
04.15.2013 , 05:37 AM | #5116
As an Australian this whole thing makes me sick.

First they delay the launch and now they kill off our servers.

On the support page with the numbers there isn't even a number for our part of the world, let alone Australia.
I have a golden wii stick, what do you have?

UNSUBBED FROM GAME IN PROTEST OVER THE APAC SERVERS CLOSURE!

ChuangTzu
04.15.2013 , 03:24 PM | #5117
Quote: Originally Posted by JackPipsam View Post
As an Australian this whole thing makes me sick.

First they delay the launch and now they kill off our servers.

On the support page with the numbers there isn't even a number for our part of the world, let alone Australia.
I like many others agree with you. This not what is best for us, it is what suits BW. If you have not already sign the petition, it is still slowly getting more sigs, upto 920 now.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

ruxus
04.15.2013 , 08:17 PM | #5118
No offense to anybody, but why do some think it's possible to merge all the APAC servers when Australian internet infrastructure is inferior to even hold up a full load (to US standards) for a single server? Heck, they're at burst when even hosting 64/64 Battlefield 3 servers. This isn't about server play types, we need to face the fact that Australia lacks the technology, and that this is not BW's fault.

Elysiah
04.15.2013 , 08:35 PM | #5119
Why has this post not died off yet? Isnt it obvious yet that all you crying and whinging isnt going to do anything but make you all look like sooks.

Also, how has that petition gone so far?

ChuangTzu
04.15.2013 , 08:54 PM | #5120
Quote: Originally Posted by ruxus View Post
No offense to anybody, but why do some think it's possible to merge all the APAC servers when Australian internet infrastructure is inferior to even hold up a full load (to US standards) for a single server? Heck, they're at burst when even hosting 64/64 Battlefield 3 servers. This isn't about server play types, we need to face the fact that Australia lacks the technology, and that this is not BW's fault.
Nice reasoning, the servers are fine stability wise. It's about having the population condensed into 1 server so there are more ppl to play with.

Oh and it's now 922 signatures on the petition.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu