Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer
×

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

soneil's Avatar


soneil
04.14.2013 , 05:09 AM | #5101
Quote: Originally Posted by DiamondDove View Post
And tonight the Gav is Heavy - well done you guys! You know how to game on. The only other Heavy server in the world is in Europe
When you look on the server list and see heavy, light etc - it's relative to the number of players on that server. The US servers are 'super servers' and are much larger so when it shows as medium, it's still a lot more people than you'd get on gav when we show as heavy. "Heavy" for gav is more than 30 people on fleet. Heavy for the US servers is hundreds of people on the fleet. You go do black hole dailies on gav daragon and it's common to be the only person there. No way that would ever happen on any of the US servers.
Academy Exemplar - Gav Daragon
Republic 50s - Nefash, Tal-Hirron, Delin
Imperial 50s - Terrill, Rending, Vermeesa
Nefash's Pilot Training School - Space missions resource.

Master_Reuben's Avatar


Master_Reuben
04.14.2013 , 05:40 AM | #5102
Quote: Originally Posted by soneil View Post
When you look on the server list and see heavy, light etc - it's relative to the number of players on that server. The US servers are 'super servers' and are much larger so when it shows as medium, it's still a lot more people than you'd get on gav when we show as heavy. "Heavy" for gav is more than 30 people on fleet. Heavy for the US servers is hundreds of people on the fleet. You go do black hole dailies on gav daragon and it's common to be the only person there. No way that would ever happen on any of the US servers.
Yeah, well what he said is still true...
⋐▌╬╬ịịị╬▐⋞(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

ChuangTzu's Avatar


ChuangTzu
04.14.2013 , 02:44 PM | #5103
Quote: Originally Posted by soneil View Post
When you look on the server list and see heavy, light etc - it's relative to the number of players on that server. The US servers are 'super servers' and are much larger so when it shows as medium, it's still a lot more people than you'd get on gav when we show as heavy. "Heavy" for gav is more than 30 people on fleet. Heavy for the US servers is hundreds of people on the fleet. You go do black hole dailies on gav daragon and it's common to be the only person there. No way that would ever happen on any of the US servers.
^this.

But 2.0 has seen an increase in population. I have been seeing ppl on my friends list that I have not seen for sometime. When i was on there was 100+ on the rep fleet aswell as 8 instances on Makeb, which is pretty good for Dalborra.

Hopefully many of these ppl will stay after the initial rush to play the new content dies off. But that will depend on BW, if they keep up their regular updates. We really need to see some 'new' FPs soon, I'm sure PvPers would like to see some WZs and I hope they don't take too long with the new guild perks they have hinted at.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

ruxus's Avatar


ruxus
04.14.2013 , 06:38 PM | #5104
The server merges need to happen ASAP. I'm not sure people notice, but the APAC servers are just awful and impossible to transfer into a mega server let alone carry a full load in it's current state, so in comparison to the US mega servers and even with the latency in mind, the US mega servers are better for all oceanic players.

Eagerly awaiting the opportunity to choose which US server to transfer to. An estimated date now would be nice.

jackdaley's Avatar


jackdaley
04.14.2013 , 06:43 PM | #5105
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
^this.

But 2.0 has seen an increase in population. I have been seeing ppl on my friends list that I have not seen for sometime. When i was on there was 100+ on the rep fleet aswell as 8 instances on Makeb, which is pretty good for Dalborra.

Hopefully many of these ppl will stay after the initial rush to play the new content dies off. But that will depend on BW, if they keep up their regular updates. We really need to see some 'new' FPs soon, I'm sure PvPers would like to see some WZs and I hope they don't take too long with the new guild perks they have hinted at.
Although that is good it's still not enough to warrant a local server merge.

I just wish they would hurry up and give us a timeframe/set date
R.I.P APAC SERVERS!
Lolapacumad - Marauder - Master Dead'Nala
Roflpetitions - Assassin - Deadborra
Servergathering-lol - Commando - Gav DeadnGone

Master_Reuben's Avatar


Master_Reuben
04.14.2013 , 08:42 PM | #5106
Quote: Originally Posted by ruxus View Post
The server merges need to happen ASAP. I'm not sure people notice, but the APAC servers are just awful and impossible to transfer into a mega server let alone carry a full load in it's current state, so in comparison to the US mega servers and even with the latency in mind, the US mega servers are better for all oceanic players.

Eagerly awaiting the opportunity to choose which US server to transfer to. An estimated date now would be nice.
No, the US servers are NOT better for all Oceanic players.

People keep going on about how much less population a local server would still have after merging than a US server. But that's obviously not the only variable to consider. None of these people are considering other priorities or compromising population for elements of the game they're underrating such as high end ops where a quick response can determine if the whole group wipes or not. A large portion of those remaining at least on Master D are competitive PvP'ers, most of whom would feel the game is no longer worth playing at all once they can't be assured of doing the best they could in a single warzone.

I still think that all three servers together would give us a plenty enjoyable experience. Sure, the population would still be far less than a US server, but certainly it would be enough to attract other players from the APAC region (especially those who rolled on the US for even a mildly better population) let alone give us enough population to have a decent APAC server especially compared to what we've been playing with since numbers hit bottom so long ago. I play on the least populated server in the game and I along with plenty of others feel it's more playable than a US server. That's without the added population of the other two much more populated APAC servers.
⋐▌╬╬ịịị╬▐⋞(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)

billyconnite's Avatar


billyconnite
04.14.2013 , 09:26 PM | #5107
lol

APAC ping to increase by 1000%

Thanks BW.
Kramer // Cake is Real // Giddy Up

Nommaz's Avatar


Nommaz
04.14.2013 , 10:12 PM | #5108
Quote: Originally Posted by ruxus View Post
The server merges need to happen ASAP. I'm not sure people notice, but the APAC servers are just awful and impossible to transfer into a mega server let alone carry a full load in it's current state, so in comparison to the US mega servers and even with the latency in mind, the US mega servers are better for all oceanic players.

Eagerly awaiting the opportunity to choose which US server to transfer to. An estimated date now would be nice.
Awful how? we have a far better community than on the US "super servers"
Impossible to transfer why? are you aware of something we are not?
And A us server is not better for me, having played on both therefore you all statement is incorrect.

You have already been told you can choose a server
Peter Moore April 5 2013 "We owe gamers better performance than this" Apparently he didn't mean APAC Gamers...

Aebrynis's Avatar


Aebrynis
04.14.2013 , 11:16 PM | #5109
Quote: Originally Posted by Nommaz View Post
You have already been told you can choose a server
We have? Where did it say this? As far as I'm aware, the servers are preselected. Dalborra = Harbinger, MDN = Bastion, Gav = Berg. Colony. Did I miss something somewhere?

uteboy's Avatar


uteboy
04.14.2013 , 11:38 PM | #5110
Quote: Originally Posted by Aebrynis View Post
We have? Where did it say this? As far as I'm aware, the servers are preselected. Dalborra = Harbinger, MDN = Bastion, Gav = Berg. Colony. Did I miss something somewhere?
Quote: Originally Posted by EricMusco View Post
I wanted to give an update on some things and answer some questions we have seen in the thread. First, one of the things we have seen multiple people suggest is that if we are going to merge the APAC servers into the NA West servers that we should give you the option to choose which NA West server you transfer to. Knowing that some APAC players have existing characters and Legacies on some NA West servers already, we agree. When we open free transfers we will allow you one time transfer from your current APAC server to any one of the NA West servers. Note: The actual server merges themselves will still happen based on server type, so once we open transfers make sure you move all of your characters to the server you want before the merge happens.
From: http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...72#post6061872