Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Nommaz
04.11.2013 , 06:35 PM | #5071
Rolled a new toon last night on Harbringer, funnily enough my latency has dropped from 340 to 220 so that was nice... still went up in combat, my instants still didn't fire immediately.
In the first 5 mins there was two gold sellers, and two people we telling him he charged to much, foul chat, and a dude following me around with dueling requests, and then another waiting until I got in combat and then running in to take my quest items... less than impressed.

Oh and the time that I normally play there was 40 people in fleet.

Whilst I admit the experience WASN'T ALL bad it was enough to reinforce that I really don't want to move.
The one thing that I am dreading above all else is the community, we have a good one on Dalborra with only a few exceptions, if last night was anything to go by it doesn't exist on Harbringer... I will try again tonight.
ďOnly at the end do you realize the power of the Dark Side.Ē

ChuangTzu
04.11.2013 , 07:43 PM | #5072
Quote: Originally Posted by Nommaz View Post
Rolled a new toon last night on Harbringer, funnily enough my latency has dropped from 340 to 220 so that was nice... still went up in combat, my instants still didn't fire immediately.
In the first 5 mins there was two gold sellers, and two people we telling him he charged to much, foul chat, and a dude following me around with dueling requests, and then another waiting until I got in combat and then running in to take my quest items... less than impressed.

Oh and the time that I normally play there was 40 people in fleet.

Whilst I admit the experience WASN'T ALL bad it was enough to reinforce that I really don't want to move.
The one thing that I am dreading above all else is the community, we have a good one on Dalborra with only a few exceptions, if last night was anything to go by it doesn't exist on Harbringer... I will try again tonight.
I have toons on the Harbinger also and I have to agree with you, as my experiences when I'm on there are negative 50%+ of the time. Where this is due to a higher percentage of annoying ppl or that the pop is that big you come across them more often, I can't say. But what I can say for sure is I don't want to be forced to play there.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

iheartnyc
04.11.2013 , 08:13 PM | #5073
Quote: Originally Posted by MouldyCrow View Post
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others don't. I would rather the hostile community than playing on high latency. But thats never been a problem for you has it, your latency is crap to both Aus and US. And the servers have been fine TYVM since you left. If anything its gotten better since ROTC. Actual new content after waiting 7 months.
Well, the vast majority of the APAC community disagreed with you and unsubbed from the game between 1.2 and 1.4

ChuangTzu
04.11.2013 , 08:21 PM | #5074
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
Well, the vast majority of the APAC community disagreed with you and unsubbed from the game between 1.2 and 1.4
That was mostly due to the lack of new content and the removal of Ilum world pvp. Some ppl left the pop shrank which caused more to leave and it just snowballed from there. It was also true for the game in general not just the APAC servers, hence the server merges for the US and EU.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Icykill_
04.11.2013 , 08:47 PM | #5075
Have a look at this Harbinger Server thread... they have been having crashes and problems since the 10th April...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...42#post6140542

I have posted on the thread to let those people on Harbinger about our APAC forced mergers with them < in case they didn't know >

Imagine how bad the Harbinger server will be if 1000+ accounts were merged with it??

Anyway I have asked them to sign our petition and voice any of their concerns to Bio in their thread or to start another. Maybe, just maybe, Bio will start to listen if the north Americans start to rally against the merge.

Petition now over 900... way to go guys

If you haven't already, please sign the petition to save our APAC server
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html

sootley
04.11.2013 , 09:31 PM | #5076
it seems like this is going to make more problems than its going to fix

DrunkChickennn
04.11.2013 , 10:02 PM | #5077
really i don't care what happens i just want to play swtor on APAC server or US server i will still play
<Harbinger> I <Excession>
Ržbžna 55 Shadow I Romaros 55 Gunslinger I Ranjanž 55 Vanguard

Synthise 55 Commando I Craxz 55 Scoundrel I Damarkel 55 Guardian

deltadt
04.11.2013 , 10:30 PM | #5078
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
im implore you to check the apac server forums as well, we are not free from server freezes either http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=622471
i know it's a *** moment iv'e never had the bad lag on dalborra where having now. terrible for playing the game.

iheartnyc
04.12.2013 , 01:49 AM | #5079
Quote: Originally Posted by Icykill_ View Post
Have a look at this Harbinger Server thread... they have been having crashes and problems since the 10th April...

http://www.swtor.com/community/showt...42#post6140542

I have posted on the thread to let those people on Harbinger about our APAC forced mergers with them < in case they didn't know >

Imagine how bad the Harbinger server will be if 1000+ accounts were merged with it??

Anyway I have asked them to sign our petition and voice any of their concerns to Bio in their thread or to start another. Maybe, just maybe, Bio will start to listen if the north Americans start to rally against the merge.

Petition now over 900... way to go guys

If you haven't already, please sign the petition to save our APAC server
http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/...em-into-1.html
Don't play on Harbringer then - go to Bastion or Bergen. Anyone who had spent more than 1 hour on Harbringer would have figured out the server is unstable and the general chats are toxic and there is an obnoxious amount of trolls, griefers and ninjas everywhere. I'm done promoting Bastion as the alternative, but you all are in for a culture shock when you roll Harbringer.

DiamondDove
04.12.2013 , 02:09 AM | #5080
Except that The Bastion is PvP and Begeren Colony is RP.

The Harbinger will be the only PvE 'choice' that we have if those of us on Dalborra want to play on the same style of server that we are currently on.

I hope that the stories of just how unstable The Harbinger is, are just that - stories. Otherwise our forced migration will be really disappointing for all of us - both those wanting the transfer and those not wanting it. We will be pretty miffed if we cant log on half the time.

It's been said by others before - but I'd be willing to pay an extra $5 a month to have a local combined server with stability, a standard population size, good ping, and a with a good community that has very few stalkers and trolls.