Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

darthnish
04.09.2013 , 11:58 PM | #5021
Quote: Originally Posted by Master_Reuben View Post
True true true. I've always felt that all the APAC servers together would make for a plenty enjoyable population. I have more fun on Master Dar'Nala than I do on any of the NA servers, even without joining up with all the other APAC players, many of whom would already have rolled on the NA West Coast. It's as simple as that.
lol you werent at the 'event' , with such a big massive advertisement of said event, fleet population abrely broke 200 on dalborra rep side and less than 160 on the imp side, so no even if the servers were merged we would never reach the population of an American server in off peak times.

aliashero
04.10.2013 , 12:35 AM | #5022
for once i'm actually happy bioware takes a long time to get anything done.

it might actually give me a few months of playing on 30 ping before they get rid of the aus servers and i unsub.

DonkeyPlough
04.10.2013 , 01:07 AM | #5023
Quote: Originally Posted by aliashero View Post
for once i'm actually happy bioware takes a long time to get anything done.

it might actually give me a few months of playing on 30 ping before they get rid of the aus servers and i unsub.
yea, i'm in the same boat. it's also a little funny to see the ones who have been screaming and laughing at us, for hoping EAWare might change their mind, to be having a whinge of their own now that it isn't happening as fast as they like.

the initial anger has worn off, our points have been made and now all we can do is enjoy the game for what it is worth. i'm also excited for final fantasy xiv when it is re released as my ping to japan is around 150ms and that game seems slow paced enough that ping shouldn't really be a factor.

ChuangTzu
04.10.2013 , 01:36 AM | #5024
Quote: Originally Posted by darthnish View Post
lol you werent at the 'event' , with such a big massive advertisement of said event, fleet population abrely broke 200 on dalborra rep side and less than 160 on the imp side, so no even if the servers were merged we would never reach the population of an American server in off peak times.
200 at 5pm on a Sunday night is a good number. Add those from the other servers who did not take part, bring back those who re-roll on US servers and we would have good numbers. Not Harbingers numbers but we could have enough for a couple of instances on the fleet.

But ppl like you don't seem to realise that we could have a good pop and our low ping and keep our community intact. I have a lvl 50 on the Harbinger and running any endgame content is like pulling teeth!
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

PseudoScience
04.10.2013 , 01:41 AM | #5025
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
But ppl like you don't seem to realise that we could have a good pop and our low ping and keep our community intact. I have a lvl 50 on the Harbinger and running any endgame content is like pulling teeth!
He benefits from the NA merge because he has 400+ms on Dalborra so he doesn't represent the population and is merely an outlier, something he fails to grasp.
APAC

iheartnyc
04.10.2013 , 02:25 AM | #5026
200 at 5pm on a Sunday night is a good number. Add those from the other servers who did not take part, bring back those who re-roll on US servers and we would have good numbers. Not Harbingers numbers but we could have enough for a couple of instances on the fleet.

The same "community" that takes cheap shots at each other on the forums? Were you even around from 1.2 to 1.4? Did you forget the level of griefing and bad blood that existed then? Too bad they deleted most of those threads on our server forums.

And people like you don't seem to realize, it's no fun playing a WZ against the same 50 people up to valor 100. It gets stale. This is why the PVP server died out a lot faster than Dalborra.

ChuangTzu
04.10.2013 , 02:30 AM | #5027
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post
The same "community" that takes cheap shots at each other on the forums? Were you even around from 1.2 to 1.4? Did you forget the level of griefing and bad blood that existed then? Too bad they deleted most of those threads on our server forums.

And people like you don't seem to realize, it's no fun playing a WZ against the same 50 people up to valor 100. It gets stale. This is why the PVP server died out a lot faster than Dalborra.
If the servers were merged it would no longer be the same 50 ppl!

And I have been lurking around these boards since 2008. The community is better here than on the US servers.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

WizardsDestiny
04.10.2013 , 02:31 AM | #5028
Quote: Originally Posted by iheartnyc View Post

For the record, I got the game just as/before 1.2 came out and that was exactly when the AP Servers came out....so yes we were around then! A community means a group of people who function together, and are, in essence, a group of people; no where in 'community' is there mandatory friendliness, you're always going to have someone unfriendly, and I know that it'll be no better on the American servers. In game on AP you can ask questions and nearly ALWAYS receive a friendly answer without American players taking 'cheap shots' at us and calling us 'noobs' and 'idiots' and far more unpleasant things not really necessary to share on this forum.

So, given you don't seem to be an Australian player (I could most definitely be wrong, but 'IheartNYC' logically seems to have a certain American ring to it and the American servers in your signature clearly indicate you're not from our servers) then let those who wish to campaign campaign for their servers. It most likely won't get them anywhere, but it was certainly worth a try.

You haven't been around in our community long enough to know us. This is the forums, not the servers. Not everyone here is strictly an AP player. And certainly not everybody here is everyone on the servers, 90% are game loving, friendly and generally caring people.
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

WizardsDestiny
04.10.2013 , 02:35 AM | #5029

I'd have to agree. We have our community, even if admittedly the population isn't huge. The community exists.

I take issue with Bioware's repeated reason that it's for population. If our ping is so high- which I can't guarantee it willl be- to play, then what on earth does population matter? It certainly doesn't matter if you're too laggy not to play, but for them to put up with you. The tolerance span of players and lag I've found on my time on the Harbinger for that one toon is not huge.
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

DotAPro
04.10.2013 , 03:42 AM | #5030
Quote: Originally Posted by SupaHsuB View Post
Hear me out for a second eric.

1. Give free transfers to all on APAC.
2. Everyone from Darnala and Gav Daragon transfer over to Dalborra.
3. Merge the remaining data/players to dalborra after a few weeks.
4. Profit!!!

THIS IS WHAT WE ALL WANTED YOU TO DO. SIMPLE.
^ ^ This ^ ^