Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

DiamondDove
04.09.2013 , 04:38 AM | #5011
We are nearly three hours into the release of the Hutt Cartel expac and all of NA servers are light, more than half the EU servers are light, the rest are standard and (drum roll) the APAC servers Dalborra and Gav are both standard. There were 2 instances of Makeb within 15 minutes of Dalborra being back on line and there were Aussie, Kiwi and Asian teams everywhere having fun and wreaking havoc on the Hutts.

I am glad that I am not on The Harbinger at the moment, as my gaming fun would be much diminished! I am heading back to our rocking APAC community now ........ have fun everyone!

(I'm not sure if anyone has made this observation yet, so my apologies if it's already in here)

DiamondDove
04.09.2013 , 04:44 AM | #5012
... make that 3 instances on Makeb right now ....

Leweegibo
04.09.2013 , 05:24 AM | #5013
Is it not that the servers are "light" in comparison to their total players, so even their light is probable higher pop than our standard or even high...
The Harbinger--->Master Dar'nala--->The Harbinger
Lew'do Lewthorn HaìteJägernautMissanthropyLewthrak

Leweegibo
04.09.2013 , 05:32 AM | #5014
Yep,

Master D Light = 22 fleet, 47 Makeb

Harbinger "Light" = 197 fleet, 9 instances of Makeb
The Harbinger--->Master Dar'nala--->The Harbinger
Lew'do Lewthorn HaìteJägernautMissanthropyLewthrak

soneil
04.09.2013 , 06:25 AM | #5015
I'd probably be on right now but after 4 hours the update is still downloading. I assume it's pretty huge since normally even the biggest updates are less than an hour for me
Academy Exemplar - Gav Daragon
Republic 50s - Nefash, Tal-Hirron, Delin
Imperial 50s - Terrill, Rending, Vermeesa
Nefash's Pilot Training School - Space missions resource.

WizardsDestiny
04.09.2013 , 06:58 AM | #5016
Quote: Originally Posted by soneil View Post
I'd probably be on right now but after 4 hours the update is still downloading. I assume it's pretty huge since normally even the biggest updates are less than an hour for me
Main Assets is 2.32 GB. Not sure about the rest, had to stop the download when the connection started having issues.
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

WizardsDestiny
04.09.2013 , 07:00 AM | #5017
Quote: Originally Posted by Leweegibo View Post
Yep,

Master D Light = 22 fleet, 47 Makeb

Harbinger "Light" = 197 fleet, 9 instances of Makeb
Master Dar'Nala is the least populated of the APAC servers, it shouldn't really be used to compare. Nonetheless, your point is true; the NA Servers are compared to each other, not the APAC ones. Even at 'Standard' level of Dalborra, the most active of them, you'd be hard pressed to find 9 instances of Makeb!
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

DiamondDove
04.09.2013 , 07:18 AM | #5018
Thanks for the figures and pointing out how light, standard, heavy and very heavy are defined. I think that sheds more useful information on the whole debate than BW have since this thread started.....

Now if only the chronic lag spikes could be fixed between Aus/NZ and the west coast USA, we may actually have a playable experience on their servers.

ChuangTzu
04.09.2013 , 02:37 PM | #5019
Quote: Originally Posted by WizardsDestiny View Post
Master Dar'Nala is the least populated of the APAC servers, it shouldn't really be used to compare. Nonetheless, your point is true; the NA Servers are compared to each other, not the APAC ones. Even at 'Standard' level of Dalborra, the most active of them, you'd be hard pressed to find 9 instances of Makeb!
You are correct but if you combined our 3 servers that would have given us 5-6 instances of makeb. Also how many ppl in those 9 instances of makeb on the harbinger are ppl from the APAC region??
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Master_Reuben
04.09.2013 , 08:04 PM | #5020
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
You are correct but if you combined our 3 servers that would have given us 5-6 instances of makeb. Also how many ppl in those 9 instances of makeb on the harbinger are ppl from the APAC region??
True true true. I've always felt that all the APAC servers together would make for a plenty enjoyable population. I have more fun on Master Dar'Nala than I do on any of the NA servers, even without joining up with all the other APAC players, many of whom would already have rolled on the NA West Coast. It's as simple as that.
⋐▌╬╬ịị°ị╬▐⋞(▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓)