Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

soneil
10.10.2012 , 10:28 AM | #491
Quote: Originally Posted by PurpleCliff View Post
Those of you who are saying you would be happy to transfer to US servers - do you remember having a 250ms+ ping? The last thing I want to do is move back to that.
I was on a US server for a few months when the game started and the lag was never very bad for me (really never noticed it). The reason I transferred was that I could never get groups for anything. My guild and pretty much everyone else on the server were doing things when i was at work or asleep because of timezone differences. Now my old server is huge and I honestly think I would have been better off staying there since I have a hard time getting groups for anything now except what is scheduled on guild calendars (ours and other guilds like visz alliance).

If I had the chance to transfer back to my old server (which has now merged with another server) I'd probably do it and encourage my guild members on gav daragon to do likewise.

Since I first posted in this thread, our guild has lost serveral good people who have quit the game because of Bioware's failure to address this issue. I fear that our server will die by the time anything is done.
Academy Exemplar - Gav Daragon
Republic 50s - Nefash, Tal-Hirron, Delin
Imperial 50s - Terrill, Rending, Vermeesa
Nefash's Pilot Training School - Space missions resource.

ChuangTzu
10.10.2012 , 03:35 PM | #492
Same, I never had trouble with despite the 180-250 latency but I would still rather not give up my 20-40 latency.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Roalmo
10.10.2012 , 03:40 PM | #493
Quote: Originally Posted by Jarlgon View Post
its been 4 - 5 months already since the servers basically crapped themselves and "died"
Was early to mid-Aug as the servers died.(pvp might be a tad different)

Esno
10.10.2012 , 04:05 PM | #494
With the release of Diablo 3 and GW2 the has been a huge decline, some have returned alot have not.

A few former guildies that say they wont return anytime soon as they are tired of the repetative dailies / FP and lack of decent content, not to mention dwindling numbers of people to do OPs with. Even tho we are on Dalborra it can still take 20-60mins for HM FP to pop unless right after daily reset when its almost imediate. SM OPs can be in que for an hour or 2 as people just wont que for same reason and start spamming fleet

ALL 3 APAC need merging ASAP or game will become less playable than it already is. I refuse to move back to the US servers as had continuous lag (250-300ping) / slow response (may be fixed now) from early access up until we were able to transfer to the APAC servers (30-40ping).

If forced to merge/transfer with US servers id call it a day and give up on MMO as there is nothing to me worth playing (got bored with WOW after 2-3 months, and played SWG (real SW MMO) for 5yrs prior to closing)
Beware my BOOM stick The Harbinger
Esno - (Heals) Commando, Ry'gell - Jedi Knight, Darg'go - Jedi Consular, Short'roundup - Smuggler // G'kaarr - Sith Warrior, Esnoimi - Bounty Hunter, Nem'esiss - Sith Inquisitor, Londo'no - Imperial Agent

Sitholat
10.10.2012 , 04:06 PM | #495
UNSUBSCRIBED

REASON: Failure to address the APAC server population issues.

You have 26 days to reply to the APAC Issues, and I mean reply in a productive manner, not by blind siding us with stall tactics. OR I will not re-sub to the game.

Thankyou

Banegio
10.10.2012 , 05:02 PM | #496
One thing I am interested to know (and I am sure EA is looking at) is how many non-oceanic/asia players on the APAC servers and how many on US/Europe servers. And whether Australia is the best location for the apac physical servers.

The APAC market (India, China to name a couple) is huge. However I don't meet on Dalborra too many players from Asia. My guild has a member from China but he hasn't been able to raid recently due to lag/connection issue (he is instead playing dota2 =[).

Not trying to come up with an excuse for the devs in this subject; more trying to understand in my mind why they are sitting on this issue. The revenue potential from Asia is substantially more significant than the existing oceanic subscribers.

I won't be surprised if they are actually working on re-positioning the APAC server to a more Asia-friendly location. An Asia server to co-exist with an Oceanic server might be in their original plan but it is slashed due to the subs number along with the development of mega-server-tech.

Assumptions: the devs are not totally dumb people and are looking at the big picture

sankalp
10.10.2012 , 05:17 PM | #497
As I have stated earlier.

There are multiple solutions to this problem. Any solution they pick is not going to please everyone. However, There still needs to be a solution picked. If they pick up any one of the 3-4 solutions that have been offered in this thread, then we can all decide what to do. if they dont want to pick anything, they should come out and say that we will not be doing anything about this till F2P/End of year/ Ever.

It gives up information to make informed decisions rather than sitting in hope.

denpic
10.10.2012 , 06:28 PM | #498
They need to merge the pve server to the pvp server dalborra is one big lag spike
Or update the server hardware

Jarlgon
10.10.2012 , 07:17 PM | #499
Quote: Originally Posted by Roalmo View Post
Was early to mid-Aug as the servers died.(pvp might be a tad different)
where were you since mid July? If you were and have always been on the Dalorra server you wouldn't have noticed it as much as the other 2 servers.
http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=507268
This thread that I started was when Gav Daragon started really declining in numbers. The fleet had at best 60 people on it at prime time back then (less then Dalborra has now).

Cheezfriend
10.10.2012 , 09:02 PM | #500
Quote: Originally Posted by JovethGonzalez View Post
Hi folks,

Unfortunately, I have no new information at this time. In my last post, I did say that I would update this thread when I had new information but I currently do not.

With that being said, I will make sure to update this thread as soon as I have more information.

As a reminder, please remember to follow forum guidelines within this thread.

Thank you.
Thanks all for the continual support of this thread. I will edit it in the next few days and link some seperate posts that have been made regarding the issue in my first post.

This is just my opinion and where I stand at the moment.

1. @ BW customer support Thanks for replying to my ingame tickets regarding the issues I have raised and for being honest. I appreciate all they can do is pass the information onto the developers. Be prepared for more tickets from me.

@ Developers on these forums Your answers have been pathetic. I appreciate you say nothing is known but surely there is a plan you can eleborate on. Your communication with the APAC community is horrible. I would like to remind you I am paying a subscription to this somewhat dismal service (yes I am not happy). To the people that moderate these forums and the developers that post on these forums... isnt it your job to provide feedback to the people that contribute their hard earned money which goes towards the game's development and your salary????

@Population Woes on Master Dar'Nala More and more are leaving each time I log... speaking of which see my next point. The server is a ghost town, there is nothing to do because there arent enough players to group with.

@My game time Well I barely log anymore. I really can not be bothered quing upward to 20 miinutes and sometimes more just to try and do my PVP daily. Yeah its easy for me to get insta pop for a Flashpoint as I am heals but I feel sorry for the people that are in the que for upto an hour or more.
For the first time I have consided unsubbing. Im very undecided on this at the moment. What I will say is that I am really beginning to not care anymore. There is no reason to play anymore, well because this server is dying so hard, I know on the Imperial side of my server its just a few die hards hanging on to some glimmer of hope that the developers will actually do something about our server.

@Biowares attitude to the APAC Community. We just want to play this game. Stop seeing us as some hinderance and putting us in the "too hard to fix pile". NEARLY every APAC gamer has supported this thread in my opinion, or have atleast read it. Listen to us please!

and finally

Its such a shame this has happened. Only the developers are to blame for this sinking ship. The APAC servers were created to support the THOUSANDS of people in the region THAT WANTED to play the game. However, through poor management and a list of reasons beyond the communities control, BW have messed up royaly and driven THOUSANDS of APAC region players away from the game.

BIOWARE YOU CREATED THIS MESS, WE ARE SICK OF YOUR LACK OF CARING FOR OUR COMMUNITY.... FIX IT!

Stop writing us off...

C u online when I can be bothered

<3 Chippy

***EDIT Woot 500th post**** while im at it... SHAME BIOWARE SHAME!