Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

wadsfasdf
04.07.2013 , 05:31 PM | #4961
I haven't read all 497 pages of comments but I get where everybody is coming from. I play on Gav Daragon and the community there is great. The only times I haven't enjoyed myself was when we were having to deal with constant ganking from a particular Republic guild during the Gree event. But that comes with the territory of an MMO.

I signed the petition. I knew it wasn't going to make a difference but signed it anyway. Obviously my first preference is to merge all APAC servers into one. Still not quite sure why this wasn't the chosen option...

I'm going to keep my sub up regardless of what happens. I suppose you could say I am a Star Wars fanboy, I admit that. But I really enjoy this game. Sure, it hasn't been as successful as WoW, but they're taking steps in the right direction. Well, if in game content was released as quick as Cartel Market stuff they would be.

I applaud their efforts of trying to get APAC servers going. 3 different servers was ambitious to begin with, but understandable. I would like to see all APAC servers merged to one, and IF that fails, send us to NA servers.

I know nobody is going to read this. Just my 2 cents on the issue.

ChuangTzu
04.07.2013 , 05:50 PM | #4962
Quote: Originally Posted by wadsfasdf View Post
I haven't read all 497 pages of comments but I get where everybody is coming from. I play on Gav Daragon and the community there is great. The only times I haven't enjoyed myself was when we were having to deal with constant ganking from a particular Republic guild during the Gree event. But that comes with the territory of an MMO.

I signed the petition. I knew it wasn't going to make a difference but signed it anyway. Obviously my first preference is to merge all APAC servers into one. Still not quite sure why this wasn't the chosen option...

I'm going to keep my sub up regardless of what happens. I suppose you could say I am a Star Wars fanboy, I admit that. But I really enjoy this game. Sure, it hasn't been as successful as WoW, but they're taking steps in the right direction. Well, if in game content was released as quick as Cartel Market stuff they would be.

I applaud their efforts of trying to get APAC servers going. 3 different servers was ambitious to begin with, but understandable. I would like to see all APAC servers merged to one, and IF that fails, send us to NA servers.

I know nobody is going to read this. Just my 2 cents on the issue.
I too would atleast like them to atleast give the merged APAC server a go first before they move us to the US servers, would it really hurt them to try it?
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Fabious_Aeon
04.07.2013 , 06:37 PM | #4963
So I just went to have a look on the Harbinger server and noticed that the server population was full and there was a delay time to log on..... Is this going to start being a problem when they merge the servers. Are we going to go from a 'low' population server to a server that we cant even log onto cause its to full?
Or are they going to increase the limit?

elitenz
04.07.2013 , 07:02 PM | #4964
Quote: Originally Posted by Fabious_Aeon View Post
So I just went to have a look on the Harbinger server and noticed that the server population was full and there was a delay time to log on..... Is this going to start being a problem when they merge the servers. Are we going to go from a 'low' population server to a server that we cant even log onto cause its to full?
Or are they going to increase the limit?
Are you F2P ?

Jonnara
04.07.2013 , 07:19 PM | #4965
I logged in no problems on Harbinger.

This place has like around 4-7 phases of each planet going most times.
Proud Member of the Master Dead'Nada Server

rtyler
04.07.2013 , 07:39 PM | #4966
Quote: Originally Posted by Daveros View Post
I, for one, welcome the news of this merger. Something's been needed to be done for a long, long time.

I've played since Beta, set up originally on WC US and then transferred my toons over to APAC when the option became available (after months of waiting). Server populations may be (slightly) better here now, but Gav Daragon was so dead prior to F2P that I stopped playing (what's the point in an MMO if you are the only one on a planet?), and when they announced F2P I took it as a personal insult (yes, I realise it wasn't... now) and got so angry I quit the game.

I logged on and re-subbed for the first time in many months this past weekend, re-rolled on Begeren Colony, and had a great time. I am looking forward to actually playing my previous toons again on a populated server.
Hi Daveros,

The fact is that you have a choice in the matter and that is what we in APAC are asking for. I created a toon last week on Begeren conlony and had standing Lagh of 170ms. While in PVE that was ok, but it blew out to over 200 in combat. When you PVP in a warzone against US based playrs it will not be fun.
Waiting for my Access to happen....

rtyler
04.07.2013 , 07:41 PM | #4967
Quote: Originally Posted by elitenz View Post
Are you F2P ?
Why should F2P casuse a delay. F2P are mixed with Subscription. The ques are the same either way
Waiting for my Access to happen....

Fabious_Aeon
04.07.2013 , 07:46 PM | #4968
Quote: Originally Posted by elitenz View Post
Are you F2P ?
Nope, subscriber since day 1 mate. Is this delay only going to apply to F2P?

ChuangTzu
04.07.2013 , 08:00 PM | #4969
Quote: Originally Posted by rtyler View Post
Why should F2P casuse a delay. F2P are mixed with Subscription. The ques are the same either way
Ah but if the servers are full subs get in before f2p.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Daveros
04.07.2013 , 08:22 PM | #4970
Quote: Originally Posted by rtyler View Post
Hi Daveros,

The fact is that you have a choice in the matter and that is what we in APAC are asking for. I created a toon last week on Begeren conlony and had standing Lagh of 170ms. While in PVE that was ok, but it blew out to over 200 in combat. When you PVP in a warzone against US based playrs it will not be fun.
Realistically, I'm just glad they're doing something. I have three toons that are dead to me (though only one of any substantial level) because they're stuck on a dead server.

At this point, I don't care what they do, but I want something done. From my point of view, the best solution would be to merge all APAC servers and offer free transfers for those that want out. If the APAC server dies at that point, people would understand.