Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

aVmuse
04.04.2013 , 07:05 PM | #4911
Quote: Originally Posted by CountHenri View Post
Been keeping an eye on Harbinger for Pops and Ping and the more I see the more I want to move now...

Case in point 11:30am Thursday morning AEDT ~ Imp Fleet Dalborra : 40 / Imp Fleet Harbinger : 600...

With ping steady at 170ms I'm really not noticing any difference in play...

Tired of being forced to solo stuff when I want to group cause there isnt the pop to support it ~ merging the Apac servers would not solve this problem.
Most Australians aren't even home at 11:30am on Thursday.

jackdaley
04.04.2013 , 07:10 PM | #4912
Quote: Originally Posted by aVmuse View Post
Most Australians aren't even home at 11:30am on Thursday.
You can grasp at straws all day son..

But when the dust has settled you'll happily find your self on a US server with a healthy population!
R.I.P APAC SERVERS!
Lolapacumad - Marauder - Master Dead'Nala
Roflpetitions - Assassin - Deadborra
Servergathering-lol - Commando - Gav DeadnGone

jackdaley
04.04.2013 , 07:16 PM | #4913
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
Update: 851 sigs.
Cmon guys spread the word we're going to need that times 20 for EAWARE to even look at it..let alone do anything!
R.I.P APAC SERVERS!

ChuangTzu
04.04.2013 , 08:10 PM | #4914
Quote: Originally Posted by CountHenri View Post
Been keeping an eye on Harbinger for Pops and Ping and the more I see the more I want to move now...

Case in point 11:30am Thursday morning AEDT ~ Imp Fleet Dalborra : 40 / Imp Fleet Harbinger : 600...

With ping steady at 170ms I'm really not noticing any difference in play...

Tired of being forced to solo stuff when I want to group cause there isnt the pop to support it ~ merging the Apac servers would not solve this problem.
Have you run any HM FPs on the harbinger? I have over the last few days and the lag is noticeable compared to 30-40ms on Dalborra. As a healer the drops in health seamed a lot more sudden than an Dalborra. More so than I remember from when we were there before APAC servers opened.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Nommaz
04.04.2013 , 09:03 PM | #4915
Quote: Originally Posted by jackdaley View Post
You can grasp at straws all day son..

But when the dust has settled you'll happily find your self on a US server with a healthy population!
He is not grasping at straws, made an accurate statement.

And you are only 1/2 right, when the dust settles some of us will unhappily find ourselves on a US server.

Funnily enough the busiest server they have, also noted from watching the servers for a few days the EU servers hardly come off light,and yet they felt it was prudent to close Dalborra. Lookout EU your next!

/tinfoil hat

jackdaley
04.04.2013 , 09:19 PM | #4916
Quote: Originally Posted by Nommaz View Post
He is not grasping at straws, made an accurate statement.

And you are only 1/2 right, when the dust settles some of us will unhappily find ourselves on a US server.

Funnily enough the busiest server they have, also noted from watching the servers for a few days the EU servers hardly come off light,and yet they felt it was prudent to close Dalborra. Lookout EU your next!

/tinfoil hat
Proof/Evidence? or just wild speculation?

Smart money would be on the latter because I do believe you are lying sir.
R.I.P APAC SERVERS!

grallmate
04.04.2013 , 09:46 PM | #4917
Proof/Evidence? or just wild speculation?

Smart money would be on the latter because I do believe you are lying sir.
Stop trolling this thread. You're opinion is well stated already. At this stage, right or wrong, you are now trolling.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]

jackdaley
04.04.2013 , 09:57 PM | #4918
Quote: Originally Posted by grallmate View Post
Stop trolling this thread. You're opinion is well stated already. At this stage, right or wrong, you are now trolling.
How am I trolling?
R.I.P APAC SERVERS!

ChuangTzu
04.04.2013 , 10:13 PM | #4919
Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday.

Quote: Originally Posted by Scorpiooooo View Post
Hi everyone! Information on the server pages has gone out, the schedule for Sunday's event looks like this:

SCHEDULE FOR EVENT

• 5:00PM AEDT - Welcome to APAC
EsKy and Scorpio welcome everyone to Dalborra.
Starting with a no-pants party on the Republic Fleet and then moving to the Imperial Fleet

• 5:10PM AEDT - APAC DISCUSSION
GM's of all the APAC Guilds invited to a Round Table with EsKy and Scorpio to discuss
single APAC Server and merge.

• 5:30PM AEDT - WARZONES!
Pre-50 Warzone Ques on both Imperial and Republic side!

• 6:30PM AEDT - OUTLAWS DEN
Fly yourself or jump in someone else's ship! Lets get all of APAC out to Outlaws Den for:
- Faction Skirmish
- Capture the Flag
- Kill the General
- 1v1 Matches!

• 7:45PM AEDT - BOUNTY HUNT
EsKy is hiding somewhere in the Universe. Scorpio will provide clues through the stream:
The first person to track down EsKy: Wins the Prize!

• 8:00PM AEDT - CANTINA CRAWL
Both Factions as many people as possible going from Planet to Planet, Cantina to Cantina.
Must have at least 2 drinks in each location!

ALL Guild GM's that want to participate in the APAC Discussion: Please send a message to Brusey/Icesis on DALBORRA before 4:00PM SUNDAY 7th APRIL. Include your GUILD Name, Faction, Main Server and number of Guildies.

Hope to see you there!
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

grallmate
04.04.2013 , 10:48 PM | #4920
How am I trolling?
In Internet slang, a troll (****.: /ˈtroʊl/, /ˈtrɒl/) is someone who posts inflammatory,[1] extraneous, or off-topic messages in an online community, such as a forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response[2] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.[3] The noun troll may also refer to the provocative message itself, as in: "That was an excellent troll you posted." - Wikipedia

You are making inflammatory posts aimed at soliciting an emotional response. It is no longer a matter of you stating your opinion, that has been done many many times already. Now your posts are aimed at making the APAC feel bad. This is highlighted by your signature. Please find a new bridge, or better yet, develop a higher sense of self and find your kicks somewhere other than trolling people who are already agitated by the proposed merger.
The Kae-Sare Legacy - The Harbinger
<Vindication> <Retribution>

Gralleh Grall'eh Khyar
Gralleh's Guide to Guardian Tanking [UPDATED for 2.0]