Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

GoofeyTurtle
04.04.2013 , 02:41 AM | #4901
Will there be a way for us to transfer our characters on the Gev Daragon server to The Progenator European server? this is where all my other characters are
Im Subscribed

brobacca
04.04.2013 , 08:00 AM | #4902
I loved playing this game since beta, but I enjoyed nothing more than playing on local servers. To me it felt as though Bioware genuinely cared about my game experience. However at this point I only play warzones. I would love to continue to do so, but I know I will not find it as enjoyable at higher pings
I am sad to say I will be unsubscribing when apac servers shutdown.

aVmuse
04.04.2013 , 10:27 AM | #4903
Quote: Originally Posted by brobacca View Post
I loved playing this game since beta, but I enjoyed nothing more than playing on local servers. To me it felt as though Bioware genuinely cared about my game experience. However at this point I only play warzones. I would love to continue to do so, but I know I will not find it as enjoyable at higher pings
I am sad to say I will be unsubscribing when apac servers shutdown.
Sorry mate, unless you live in America (only country on the planet) no gaming company gives a **** about you.

soneil
04.04.2013 , 11:22 AM | #4904
Quote: Originally Posted by WilliamBeckket View Post
Really that is the best idea you can come up with. Aussies new Zealand's and everyone else in the Oceania servers have to suffer because a few people can't do the heroics, flash points when they want to. This is idiotic until the new broadband comes out and gets install everyone on a Australia Internet is going to die in pvp. That is not a solution. Leaving it alone and doing nothing is the solution.
Really? You think population isn't important? What good is it having good ping for pvp when there aren't enough people to pvp with in the first place? If I play for hours in the pvp and group finder queue and don't get a pop - then just how important is ping then? Might as well just go and play a single player game if I spend half the time playing solo anyway due to lack of people.
Academy Exemplar - Gav Daragon
Republic 50s - Nefash, Tal-Hirron, Delin
Imperial 50s - Terrill, Rending, Vermeesa
Nefash's Pilot Training School - Space missions resource.

soneil
04.04.2013 , 11:40 AM | #4905
Quote: Originally Posted by NavrasJueventa View Post
Damn right I did, you try going from my lag rate on Gav Daragon to the lag rate of Bergen and see how your mood is.

Being from WA I get lag on gav anyway and my lag on the US isn't noticeabley different. Big difference in population though. I have signed the survey but only because I think mergina apac servers would be nice. I don't honestly think it's realistic though. I would rather merge with US servers and deal with a bit of lag than to have the pop times for pvp and group finder that I have currently. Sick of playing what is becoming more and more a single player game.
So basically I think merging with US servers is better than leaving things how they are. I'm looking forward to the move. I may just resub before my sub runs out. I've recently let my subscription lapse because I was sick of the lack of action. This might not be the most ideal solution but it's better than nothing at all and what people are proposing just isn't gonna happen.

soneil
04.04.2013 , 11:42 AM | #4906
Quote: Originally Posted by GoofeyTurtle View Post
Will there be a way for us to transfer our characters on the Gev Daragon server to The Progenator European server? this is where all my other characters are
Im Subscribed
I hope so. They allowed a choice of west coast US servers after enough people asked for it. If enough people also ask for a choice of east coast and EU servers then I really can't see any reason not to allow that.

ChuangTzu
04.04.2013 , 02:01 PM | #4907
Update: 851 sigs.

Quote: Originally Posted by Scorpiooooo View Post
Hi everyone! Information on the server pages has gone out, the schedule for Sunday's event looks like this:

SCHEDULE FOR EVENT

• 5:00PM AEDT - Welcome to APAC
EsKy and Scorpio welcome everyone to Dalborra.
Starting with a no-pants party on the Republic Fleet and then moving to the Imperial Fleet

• 5:10PM AEDT - APAC DISCUSSION
GM's of all the APAC Guilds invited to a Round Table with EsKy and Scorpio to discuss
single APAC Server and merge.

• 5:30PM AEDT - WARZONES!
Pre-50 Warzone Ques on both Imperial and Republic side!

• 6:30PM AEDT - OUTLAWS DEN
Fly yourself or jump in someone else's ship! Lets get all of APAC out to Outlaws Den for:
- Faction Skirmish
- Capture the Flag
- Kill the General
- 1v1 Matches!

• 7:45PM AEDT - BOUNTY HUNT
EsKy is hiding somewhere in the Universe. Scorpio will provide clues through the stream:
The first person to track down EsKy: Wins the Prize!

• 8:00PM AEDT - CANTINA CRAWL
Both Factions as many people as possible going from Planet to Planet, Cantina to Cantina.
Must have at least 2 drinks in each location!

ALL Guild GM's that want to participate in the APAC Discussion: Please send a message to Brusey/Icesis on DALBORRA before 4:00PM SUNDAY 7th APRIL. Include your GUILD Name, Faction, Main Server and number of Guildies.

Hope to see you there!
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Jonnara
04.04.2013 , 06:14 PM | #4908
Still need an update on when we can transfer.

I even poped another 2 months sub fee to keep playing since news of transfer come in.

If this doesn't happen soon than end of the month is Never Winter time plus FFXIV beta just started. There us plenty of competition for my wallet out there.
Proud Member of the Master Dead'Nada Server

Nommaz
04.04.2013 , 06:48 PM | #4909
Quote: Originally Posted by soneil View Post
Being from WA I get lag on gav anyway and my lag on the US isn't noticeabley different. Big difference in population though. I have signed the survey but only because I think mergina apac servers would be nice. I don't honestly think it's realistic though. I would rather merge with US servers and deal with a bit of lag than to have the pop times for pvp and group finder that I have currently. Sick of playing what is becoming more and more a single player game.
So basically I think merging with US servers is better than leaving things how they are. I'm looking forward to the move. I may just resub before my sub runs out. I've recently let my subscription lapse because I was sick of the lack of action. This might not be the most ideal solution but it's better than nothing at all and what people are proposing just isn't gonna happen.
I am from WA as well, country in fact and the lag is 89 v 340plus of course its noticeably different!

CountHenri
04.04.2013 , 07:00 PM | #4910
Been keeping an eye on Harbinger for Pops and Ping and the more I see the more I want to move now...

Case in point 11:30am Thursday morning AEDT ~ Imp Fleet Dalborra : 40 / Imp Fleet Harbinger : 600...

With ping steady at 170ms I'm really not noticing any difference in play...

Tired of being forced to solo stuff when I want to group cause there isnt the pop to support it ~ merging the Apac servers would not solve this problem.