Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

Palar
04.03.2013 , 01:34 PM | #4871
On the assumption this cost-cutting goes ahead, will we get more than 12 slots on the destination server? For those who had spread across servers?

We had to remind BW we even existed to get 12 slots in the first place, but that was when they decided to ignore us for 7 months - hopefully they're awake this time.

Nommaz
04.03.2013 , 01:43 PM | #4872
Quote: Originally Posted by Palar View Post
On the assumption this cost-cutting goes ahead, will we get more than 12 slots on the destination server? For those who had spread across servers?

We had to remind BW we even existed to get 12 slots in the first place, but that was when they decided to ignore us for 7 months - hopefully they're awake this time.
I have asked that same question 3 times, twice on tickets and one on forums, none of which have been answered, the tickets were the cut/paste response that everyone is getting from BW about the merge, forum post unanswered.

ChuangTzu
04.03.2013 , 01:54 PM | #4873

What they did when the US servers were merged (forced not voluntarty) was to allow you to use all ur toons that had been transferred to the destination server even if that exceeded the 12 slots but if you wanted to create a new toon you would have to delete toons until you were under the cap, ie 11/12.

Although now you can purchase an extra 10 slots (could be wrong on the number) so that you can use all ur toons and create new ones.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Palar
04.03.2013 , 01:58 PM | #4874
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
What they did when the US servers were merged (forced not voluntarty) was to allow you to use all ur toons that had been transferred to the destination server even if that exceeded the 12 slots but if you wanted to create a new toon you would have to delete toons until you were under the cap, ie 11/12.

Although now you can purchase an extra 10 slots (could be wrong on the number) so that you can use all ur toons and create new ones.
Didn't those mergers allow for 16?

ChuangTzu
04.03.2013 , 02:09 PM | #4875
Didn't those mergers allow for 16?
Maybe, I don't remember the details exactly. I just remember that ppl could still access all their toons.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

ChuangTzu
04.03.2013 , 03:52 PM | #4876
I just wanted to remind every one about the server event this Sunday.

Quote: Originally Posted by Scorpiooooo View Post
Hi everyone! Information on the server pages has gone out, the schedule for Sunday's event looks like this:

SCHEDULE FOR EVENT

• 5:00PM AEDT - Welcome to APAC
EsKy and Scorpio welcome everyone to Dalborra.
Starting with a no-pants party on the Republic Fleet and then moving to the Imperial Fleet

• 5:10PM AEDT - APAC DISCUSSION
GM's of all the APAC Guilds invited to a Round Table with EsKy and Scorpio to discuss
single APAC Server and merge.

• 5:30PM AEDT - WARZONES!
Pre-50 Warzone Ques on both Imperial and Republic side!

• 6:30PM AEDT - OUTLAWS DEN
Fly yourself or jump in someone else's ship! Lets get all of APAC out to Outlaws Den for:
- Faction Skirmish
- Capture the Flag
- Kill the General
- 1v1 Matches!

• 7:45PM AEDT - BOUNTY HUNT
EsKy is hiding somewhere in the Universe. Scorpio will provide clues through the stream:
The first person to track down EsKy: Wins the Prize!

• 8:00PM AEDT - CANTINA CRAWL
Both Factions as many people as possible going from Planet to Planet, Cantina to Cantina.
Must have at least 2 drinks in each location!

ALL Guild GM's that want to participate in the APAC Discussion: Please send a message to Brusey/Icesis on DALBORRA before 4:00PM SUNDAY 7th APRIL. Include your GUILD Name, Faction, Main Server and number of Guildies.

Hope to see you there!

WizardsDestiny
04.03.2013 , 04:26 PM | #4877
Quote: Originally Posted by Scorpiooooo View Post
Hi everyone! Information on the server pages has gone out, the schedule for Sunday's event looks like this:

SCHEDULE FOR EVENT

• 5:00PM AEDT - Welcome to APAC
EsKy and Scorpio welcome everyone to Dalborra.
Starting with a no-pants party on the Republic Fleet and then moving to the Imperial Fleet

• 5:10PM AEDT - APAC DISCUSSION
GM's of all the APAC Guilds invited to a Round Table with EsKy and Scorpio to discuss
single APAC Server and merge.

• 5:30PM AEDT - WARZONES!
Pre-50 Warzone Ques on both Imperial and Republic side!

• 6:30PM AEDT - OUTLAWS DEN
Fly yourself or jump in someone else's ship! Lets get all of APAC out to Outlaws Den for:
- Faction Skirmish
- Capture the Flag
- Kill the General
- 1v1 Matches!

• 7:45PM AEDT - BOUNTY HUNT
EsKy is hiding somewhere in the Universe. Scorpio will provide clues through the stream:
The first person to track down EsKy: Wins the Prize!

• 8:00PM AEDT - CANTINA CRAWL
Both Factions as many people as possible going from Planet to Planet, Cantina to Cantina.
Must have at least 2 drinks in each location!

ALL Guild GM's that want to participate in the APAC Discussion: Please send a message to Brusey/Icesis on DALBORRA before 4:00PM SUNDAY 7th APRIL. Include your GUILD Name, Faction, Main Server and number of Guildies.

Hope to see you there!
You'll be seeing me and my guild there rallying, I've mailed Icesis for details! Great idea by the way.
There is only Power, and those too weak to seek it.

WizardsDestiny
04.03.2013 , 04:34 PM | #4878
Although, in relation to the event, can we have an overview of where it will be held, how many guild are attending thus far, etc? We need to promote it in general chat too to get word out.

ChuangTzu
04.03.2013 , 05:25 PM | #4879
Quote: Originally Posted by WizardsDestiny View Post
Although, in relation to the event, can we have an overview of where it will be held, how many guild are attending thus far, etc? We need to promote it in general chat too to get word out.
Yes that would be good, did you msg the organiser of the event?

WizardsDestiny
04.03.2013 , 05:28 PM | #4880
Quote: Originally Posted by ChuangTzu View Post
Yes that would be good, did you msg the organiser of the event?
I messaged Icesis on the Imperial Side, though as of yet have received no reply.