Please upgrade your browser for the best possible experience.

Chrome Firefox Internet Explorer

Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

STAR WARS: The Old Republic > English > General Discussion
Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns
First BioWare Post First BioWare Post

MrRuck
04.01.2013 , 08:15 AM | #4791
Can we please get a reply on how names are being handled?
Lycaon
<Samurai Pizza Cats>
www.twitch.tv/beertruck

aSpitefullRetort
04.01.2013 , 08:49 AM | #4792
Quote: Originally Posted by WizardsDestiny View Post
I don't care about compensation; the guilds we have worked so hard on over the past year and months being disassembled purely for population is not acceptable when our guilds have healthy population. Guilds better transfer with us, or we don't transfer at all.

Screenshots are also a great idea. I'll be right on that.
Yup compensation I was referring too was enough credits for a registered GM to reform a guild, and pay for ALL the bank tabs held prior, the gear is fine we can remove that prior, but after spending millions on tabs, people tend to get a bit edgy, especially if no one in official capacity is saying anything, and in-game tickets are regurgitated cut and paste notes.....by the way we're shutting APAC servers and moving you...happy Easter, see you after the holidays.....

XXFEZXX
04.01.2013 , 09:32 AM | #4793
This is so much BS

People who say that ping don't matter are internet retarded. I've been playing on bastion since the announcement
and the ping is sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.ooooooooooo oooooooooo **** it's not funny...
I've lost all intrest in the game it's killed every thing i like about the game...

I feel Smashed.....
Force Leap.. Force Sweep..... wait now.....................

I HATE YOU...... I HATE U....... I HATE U...... I HATE U

BAD FORM BIO
GAZI
CPU: I7 3770 CORE @ 3.9MHz (CONSTANT)
CPU COOLER: THERMALTAKE 3.0 WATER COOLER
GPU: GTX TITAN CORE @ 1098MHz

chriscshunter
04.01.2013 , 09:37 AM | #4794
I will level with you that EA has never cared about their customers so long as they are pocketing their money. In this instance the higher ups said, they aren't making enough from you guys over there so they canned any chance of a server being over there and are squeezing as many people as possible into other servers.

Granted they will say its for the players best overall experience, when its really about the complete interest in their share holders and investors. That's just the nature of this beast called EA, it eats up smaller good companies and squeezes the money out of their loyal fan base.

That's why I am a big fan of private gaming companies that don't have to listen to people trying to turn gaming into profit, but into an amazing experience for people like Valve Software, because Valve assumes a good game and happy customers are an automatic sign of profit. It's a refreshing feeling being exciting buying a game and knowing its going directly to the company and the people that worked on the games rather than the money bottle-necking at the CEO's and the rest trickling down to the real workers and programmers and then when they don't have enough to go around at the bottom they lay them off. That's exactly how EA is...

Also the reason for slow and almost uncommunicative customer support for the questions people have is the fact that they honestly can't answer them without going to the top and asking them how they want to do it first. To which the reply, "How the **** should I know? Release another cartel pack to distract them and help pay for my private flight to Thailand and I'll let you know when I get there while I'm stoned"

If you have ever been in the military you would understand this structure.

In conclusion, the people holding up the structure genuinely care about the game or at the very least their jobs, but they don't get to make the decisions. The people that have million dollar lifestyles make the decisions, and you can safely assume every single one of their decisions is going to be directly related to making money and nothing to do with whats best for the customer, because whats best for the customer costs too much for them to care. They only see price tags and then pay customer support to make up for lack thereof. The people at the top are not required to be programmers or gamers, they are required to be businessmen and operate a company, so they will run a gaming company much in the same as if they were running a toilet paper factory... marketing and selling as many units as possible.

soneil
04.01.2013 , 10:19 AM | #4795
I've often felt it's a shame that such an awesome game that I enjoy so much, is owned by a company that I'm despising more and more all the time. Most of the things that I don't like about this game are directly due to the corporate who gives a *** about customers attitude of EA.
Academy Exemplar - Gav Daragon
Republic 50s - Nefash, Tal-Hirron, Delin
Imperial 50s - Terrill, Rending, Vermeesa
Nefash's Pilot Training School - Space missions resource.

ZakStormborn
04.01.2013 , 03:04 PM | #4796
Quote: Originally Posted by Nommaz View Post
No he wasn't he forgot an option:

Option 3: merge all APAC servers and give the option for those that want to come from NA servers that missed it last time the option, also the option for those that particularly want to go to NA PvP/RP that option.

Trial for 6 months.
Option 3 keep's everyone happy.
This, OMG. This is the option that BW should have tried, before forcing us to merge with the US servers.This was suggested to BW a multitude of times in this very thread, before and after they asked for options.

By not offering this as the first attempt at a solution they make people beleive all the bad press, and shows that they are looking at the easy fix over Customer satisfaction first.

ChuangTzu
04.01.2013 , 03:27 PM | #4797
Quote: Originally Posted by chriscshunter View Post
That petition doesn't mean jack. There are people that do not support a merger.
A few examples:

And thats only the first 4 pages of people. So you see there are plenty of people who do not support the merger idea.

The point here is there is always going to be people who complain no matter what. If they had said they were going to merge servers there would be people complaining about it not being a PVP or RP server, and there would be a petition for that. It's a lose lose no matter what. Cry about it all you want but your wasting your time. There is no point to be made and no battle to be won here. Face the lesser of 2 evils and move on or move away, cuz it is what it is...

This guy was/is on the money, and this post was from September...
Nice try! Get another 740 of those then you might have a case.

Edit: try another 750 now.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

ChuangTzu
04.01.2013 , 03:33 PM | #4798
Quote: Originally Posted by Nommaz View Post
No he wasn't he forgot an option:

Option 3: merge all APAC servers and give the option for those that want to come from NA servers that missed it last time the option, also the option for those that particularly want to go to NA PvP/RP that option.

Trial for 6 months.
Option 3 keep's everyone happy.
This.
"Words are for conveying ideas, but when the ideas are understood, you forget the words. How I would love to talk to someone who's forgotten all the words!" Chuang Tzu

Macropodmum
04.01.2013 , 03:54 PM | #4799
Quote: Originally Posted by chriscshunter View Post
I will level with you that EA has never cared about their customers so long as they are pocketing their money. In this instance the higher ups said, they aren't making enough from you guys over there so they canned any chance of a server being over there and are squeezing as many people as possible into other servers.

Granted they will say its for the players best overall experience, when its really about the complete interest in their share holders and investors. That's just the nature of this beast called EA, it eats up smaller good companies and squeezes the money out of their loyal fan base.

That's why I am a big fan of private gaming companies that don't have to listen to people trying to turn gaming into profit, but into an amazing experience for people like Valve Software, because Valve assumes a good game and happy customers are an automatic sign of profit. It's a refreshing feeling being exciting buying a game and knowing its going directly to the company and the people that worked on the games rather than the money bottle-necking at the CEO's and the rest trickling down to the real workers and programmers and then when they don't have enough to go around at the bottom they lay them off. That's exactly how EA is...

Also the reason for slow and almost uncommunicative customer support for the questions people have is the fact that they honestly can't answer them without going to the top and asking them how they want to do it first. To which the reply, "How the **** should I know? Release another cartel pack to distract them and help pay for my private flight to Thailand and I'll let you know when I get there while I'm stoned"

If you have ever been in the military you would understand this structure.

In conclusion, the people holding up the structure genuinely care about the game or at the very least their jobs, but they don't get to make the decisions. The people that have million dollar lifestyles make the decisions, and you can safely assume every single one of their decisions is going to be directly related to making money and nothing to do with whats best for the customer, because whats best for the customer costs too much for them to care. They only see price tags and then pay customer support to make up for lack thereof. The people at the top are not required to be programmers or gamers, they are required to be businessmen and operate a company, so they will run a gaming company much in the same as if they were running a toilet paper factory... marketing and selling as many units as possible.
Well said, unfortunate but true. Lets hope all the cancelling subs speak $$$ to them
Isbish ~ Light of the Empire Harbinger

jackdaley
04.01.2013 , 04:08 PM | #4800
Hi Everyone!

How was everyone's easter holiday? Mine was good I spent the weekend with family, eating chocolate and playing on dalborra enjoying the X2 xp weekend and low ping during pvp matches

It really does make me upset as our servers are going to get the shaft and dismantled because at the end of the day EAWARE have made their decision and it's final, and there's not anything we can do about it i.e signing a peition with unrealistic expectations or organising server events just for the sake of proving to EAWARE one server can be populated and healthy! (little do we know once said event is over the server pop will fade back into obscurity)

R.I.P APAC SERVERS!